6.39 million Thais have applied for COVID-19 vaccination

snoop1130

ฉีดวัคซีนให้เจ้าหน้าที่สนามบินสุวรรณภูมิ..jpg

About 6.39 million Thais have registered for COVID-19 vaccinations via the Mor Prom application, according to the Facebook page of the government’s app today (Monday).

Of these, 715,446 are in Bangkok and the remaining 5,674,484 are scattering across the country, according to the Mor Prom Facebook page.

Vaccination appointments for June now meet the supply of vaccines allocated for the month and other applicants will have to wait until July to be inoculated.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/6-39-million-thais-have-applied-for-covid-19-vaccination/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2021-05-17

Considering that only about 16 million Thais could possibly register during this round (i.e. those who are 60+ years old or having certain health issues), that number isn't even that bad.

But it also shows that A LOT more work will need to be done to reach out to those who weren't willing or able to register.

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Sheryl said:

The app is only registering the over 60's and those with chronic disease this month.  The target group is estimated at about 11 million so would need to get a little over 7 million vaccinated from that group. Some people have registered in person rather than by app.

This is actually a higher rate of registration than I had expected...though the over 60's, in any country, tend to be pretty motivated  (and less likely to be reading scare stories on social media).

Will open up for all ages registration starting 1 June

For Thais of all ages. I don't see any hope of a jab until they've jabbed as many Thais as they can. We, the over 60s with underlying conditions, unless we've found some nefarious way, including the infamous pink card lottery, to get a shot, will have to wait until August at the earliest. Everything else is totally misleading, fake news, IMHO. All the apologists for the Thai government - yeah, go get your shots, you deserve one I'm sure!

And the much heralded farang friendly version of a Thai app to get registered? Vapourware!

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

About 6.39 million Thais have registered for COVID-19 vaccinations via the Mor Prom application, according to the Facebook page of the government’s app today (Monday)

Well that's a 10% registration from those who are happy with what's on offer, while 90% are waiting for something better.

Registrations are meaningless.

Obtain vaccines - administer vaccines -  stop futzing around.

Heck they put together submarine purchase in a month or two.

No clue why the regime is so focused on registering people?

Just register EVERYONE.

The government has more than enough information to do this NOW. They have a record of every citizen: age, sex, address.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Vaccination appointments for June now meet the supply of vaccines allocated for the month and other applicants will have to wait until July to be inoculated.

If all of the vaccine doses for June are already spoken for, why do they keep talking about opening walk-in vaccination centers during the same timeframe? Or does the term "walk-in" have a different meaning to them?

3 hours ago, bradiston said:

For Thais of all ages. I don't see any hope of a jab until they've jabbed as many Thais as they can. We, the over 60s with underlying conditions, unless we've found some nefarious way, including the infamous pink card lottery, to get a shot, will have to wait until August at the earliest. Everything else is totally misleading, fake news, IMHO. All the apologists for the Thai government - yeah, go get your shots, you deserve one I'm sure!

And the much heralded farang friendly version of a Thai app to get registered? Vapourware!

In several parts of the country they are actively signing up foreigners, with vaccination dates as early as 1 July.  Some places, like Chiang Mial, even have special outreach for foreigners.

It does depend very much on where you live. As is so often the case, mixed and unclear messages from the central level have led to wide variations.

There is no reason to think the foreigner app will nto be released as stated. How many bugs it will have, is another matter.

There is not a nefarious plot to deny foreigners vaccination. Just really poor leadership and an inability to formulate and communicate clear policy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, khunjeff said:

If all of the vaccine doses for June are already spoken for, why do they keep talking about opening walk-in vaccination centers during the same timeframe? Or does the term "walk-in" have a different meaning to them?

The June slots reserved through the MorProm app are for the over 60's. 6 million is the quantity of AZ vaccined expected to be delivered in June.

To my understanding, the current and planned for June walk in sites are in hot spots and I think use mainly  Sinovac. Once AZ supply increases that may change, but for June I think AZ will be used only for the high risk groups who registered either via the app or in person at a hospital.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

In several parts of the country they are actively signing up foreigners, with vaccination dates as early as 1 July.  Some places, like Chiang Mial, even have special outreach for foreigners.

It does depend very much on where you live. As is so often the case, mixed and unclear messages from the central level have led to wide variations.

There is no reason to think the foreigner app will nto be released as stated. How many bugs it will have, is another matter.

There is not a nefarious plot to deny foreigners vaccination. Just really poor leadership and an inability to formulate and communicate clear policy.

I didn't say there was a nefarious plot to deny foreigners a vaccine. I said the means of getting one using a pink card was nefarious. I think the only plan we are part of, is the plan to delay vaxxing us until Siam Bioscience gets its xxxx together. At which point, we'll probably be charged for it.

It's true though from what I read here, that some provinces are offering jabs to foreigners. Where they get the vax from is a mystery to me. Is it state allocated, per head of population? Or what? Pattaya is getting 20,000. Half the original amount. And we've yet to see if even that materialises. We're supposed to be high priority on account of the   ̶s̶e̶x̶ tourist industry, on a par with Phuket, Chang Mai, etc etc, but there's no evidence we are of any importance at all.