PM tells Corrections to treat COVID-19 infected inmates humanely, as cases in prison surpasses 10,000

snoop1130

Today, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration issued an emergency use authorization (EUA) for casirivimab and imdevimab to be administered together for the treatment of mild to moderate COVID-19 in adults and pediatric patients (12 years of age or older weighing at least 40 kilograms [about 88 pounds]) with positive results of direct SARS-CoV-2 viral testing and who are at high risk for progressing to severe COVID-19. This includes those who are 65 years of age or older or who have certain chronic medical condition

5 hours ago, bobandyson said:

Here's some idea of the hell that some people reckon is worse than the big prisons.

????☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️????

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, LazySlipper said:

Legalize marijuana and pardon and release those in jail for simply enjoying what should be legal in the first place... I bet that would free up at least 50% occupancy right then and there...

I'll take that wager as I don't think many people go to jail for pot in Thailand.

Once you are placed in one of these hell holes there is absolutely no humanity for these people and now that Covid has entered the premises i really fear for there well being and I wonder what the true figure really is when it comes to those who have perished . I would rather kill myself than be in one of the hell holes god have mercy on every one of them they are not all rapists or murders most have committed a petty crime where in the Western world they would have been punished with community work or a fine that you can pay on a monthly basis .how many next week 20,000 ☹️☹️☹️☹️

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, whaleboneman said:

I'll take that wager as I don't think many people go to jail for pot in Thailand.

Most are in for petty crimes that would be community work or a fine in the Western World . I used to take books into a local prison you have to see it to believe it and yes a great number are locked up for stealing food or being caught with a small amount of drugs for there own personal use . 

If that is the case I expect the corrections department to announce at least another 20,000 by this Friday have caught Covid have they set up field hospitals to treat them I doubt it I also expect a huge death rate as the majority of these prisoner will have other known or unknown health issues having been locked up in inhumane condition <deleted> are the UN inspectors when they are needed

First of all you falangs keep calling all these concoctions vaccines. THEY ARE NOT. The first studies in 2003 were done on three animal trials . Ferrets , cats and rabbits in which all died or super severely dibilitated and were euthanized. These untested products are out there because they were passed on EMERGENCY use. No 10 year trials , blind, double blind were preformed. It Takes 10 years to get approval on any vaccination. These are are categorically labeled " medical devices and unproven. Period. Oh the horror of the TVF medical experts. Do some reaserch guys. You're walking into an early grave or at the least future adverse reactions. Mrna is a genetic experiment and your the guinea pig.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, nervona81732 said:

First of all you falangs keep calling all these concoctions vaccines. THEY ARE NOT. The first studies in 2003 were done on three animal trials . Ferrets , cats and rabbits in which all died or super severely dibilitated and were euthanized. These untested products are out there because they were passed on EMERGENCY use. No 10 year trials , blind, double blind were preformed. It Takes 10 years to get approval on any vaccination. These are are categorically labeled " medical devices and unproven. Period. Oh the horror of the TVF medical experts. Do some reaserch guys. You're walking into an early grave or at the least future adverse reactions. Mrna is a genetic experiment and your the guinea pig.

...Putin pushed to have Stage III of the Sputnik-V vaccine completed on all his Government staff, before the efficacy trial had formally completed..good enough for me.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has instructed Thailand’s Corrections Department to step up active screening of prison inmates and to treat sick prisoners humanely, like any other patient, as the COVID-19 surge continues in prisons, with cases found in prison surpassing 10,000 this month, said Government Deputy Spokesperson Traisulee Traisoranakul today (Monday).

Well Mr Prayut unless the prisons have a hospital wing the size of the prison itself that's an impossible thing to ask.

If prisons are so cramped that's down to you and the infrastructure of the country.

Plus... if you got off your ar*e months ago and secured vaccines for the "people you passionately love so much" this 3rd wave could have been avoided.

But you chose to wait for another preferred company who you seem to love more than the people.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Artisi said:

Treat them humanely - well for starters reduce the number in each by about 75%, supply decent food so as families don't have to bring eatable food or contribute a small fortune for their upkeep each time they visit - - now that would be a good start. 

If the inmates had been human to begin with they wouldn't be where they are. 

• Sad 5

13 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Stop putting everyone in jail for small offences..Than there will be more room for everybody, It seems that everybody who doesn't respect a law will put in jail, and if you confess the jailtime will be halved..Lese majestic doesn't need to be jailed , throwing a bottle to a policeman, stealing a candy at 7/11 or what ever... give them an ankle bracelet and monitor them and try to prevent they do the same 

Why are the motor biking and lots of car driving offenders not  jailed? I mean for driving up the wrong side of the road or drunk driving? Serious stuff. This would cut down on the death toll on the roads. It is funny , not really, but anecdotally ( and a pretty good sample) the Thais I talk to are really freaked out at a death toll of 20+ from CV-19. But over 120 deaths a month in 2020 is like --- whatever!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Director-General Aryut Sintoppant said that the rapid increase stems from the 100% proactive screening, being conducted by the department for reporting to the Ministry of Public Health

Seek and you shall find, unlike what's happening on the outside... 100% testing would see the fall of the PM... so massaging things is what Thailand is known best for... 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

I know what Mengele did..and this is not an experiment. Everybody needs a jab and the choice is Sinovac and Astra Zenica and the last one has side effects that can be dangerous, but Government claims that Sinovac works good as you read a few days ago ... so it is not unethical.. or is vaccinating the normal people in the country with Sinovac different than people in prisons?

Just get whichever you are offered. Pfizer and moderna won't prevent you 100% from getting infected as well. At least so far all available vaccines prevent severe symptoms. 

PM has the responsibility since he couple of weeks ago took control over several ministries, so that he single-handed could handle it more effective. This guy is destroying the country way over what his predecessors did

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, nervona81732 said:

So you suggest we all don't take any vaccine and ride out the whole pandemic hoping not to get infected? Can you teach us what's the right solution?

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The Corrections Department said it has not, and will not conceal the actual number of COVID-19 infections among prison inmates

Never believe anything in politics until it has been officially denied.

9 hours ago, LazySlipper said:

Legalize marijuana and pardon and release those in jail for simply enjoying what should be legal in the first place... I bet that would free up at least 50% occupancy right then and there...

1 hour ago, whaleboneman said:

lol then you don't know too many people... and how many people do you know who are in jail... and the reason therefore?