Wowing Miss Universe fans, Thailand’s Amanda Obdam reaches Top 10

snoop1130

23 hours ago, Aforek said:

; something I don't understant is that these girls must be about 1m75  high, it means that many smaller women ( and very pretty ) can't be candidates 

Agree, there are smaller women who can be exquisite. They are presumably excluded because they make the taller competitors look like giraffes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/17/2021 at 7:08 PM, RobMuir said:

The Aussie contender who made it into the top ten had both parents from India.

I would like to root for her.

Racist comment ..

However that said ....

Join the queue . 555

8 hours ago, Susco said:

Maybe that is what beauty contests are about, it's not only about a beautiful face, but also the brains - education - personality and a few more things.

How do you think those stunners on Line would fare in that department?

Yeah don’t forget all the charity work they do for underprivileged children. ????

2 hours ago, bangon04 said:

One quarter - her mother is described as "Thai-Chinese"

Thai Chinese usually refers to Thai citizens of Chinese descent rather than one Chinese parent and one Thai parent.

So she probably has zero Thai breeding. 

A bit like in Australia when we say Greek Australian. Parents are both Greek.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Susco said:

Maybe that is what beauty contests are about, it's not only about a beautiful face, but also the brains - education - personality and a few more things.

And don't forget world peace and starving children. 

If I were a judge I would probably choose the one with the biggest breasts. There were no obvious standouts in this year's contestants which was disappointing.

Edited by RobMuir

1 hour ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

So more sophisticated and more beautifull doesn't mean better ?? I think if you want to say things like that you better say them to yourself , some people on here have a bargirl for a girlfriend and for them she is the best in the world(not me by the way,but everybody their own choice) . But to say your MATES' girlfriend is better is still a bit condescending to me so better keep it for yourself . And to say that she is more beautifull then a bargirl is also a bit strange . You do know how many bargirls there are right ?? And for sure there are some that are more beautifull then your MATES' girlfriend . Or does your MATE needs to get worried because your are secretly in love with his girlfriend ????

You are the one be who started with all the “better” nonsense. I never said she was. Beauty in the eye of the beholder and all that and I’ve seen/been with some cracking bargirls in my time  but I’ve never been with one with perfect English, highly educated, great sense of humour does charity, is an ambassador for mental health ANd Miss Thailand/Miss Workd contestant to boot. 
Its nothing condescending when you state facts. And that’s all I’m doing. 

She looks an attractive young lady who it seems has an independent mind/view of certain affairs.

And yes, there are some jolly attractive young ladies in 7/11 and Tesco Lotus as well.

But then I have always held that the coming and going at shift change time at the adjoining Pizza 1112 and Swensens here in Chiang Rai would simply stop the traffic back home in the UK! So many of them are absolutely gorgeous!

It is a powerful reason for living here!

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, johnnybangkok said:

Beauty in the eye of the beholder

No, actually we now know that beauty is down to various precise symmetrical parametres. Within those yes there is a bit of leeway but generally beauty is not in the eye of the beholder, but defined by fairly universal symmetrical values. 

• Like 1

On 5/17/2021 at 2:36 PM, fusion58 said:

How did she make the cut? You can see better looking girls on the BTS or walking around the mall any day of the week.

Miss Universe is nothing but high class prostitution , mafia and backstage games. 

10 hours ago, bangon04 said:

One quarter - her mother is described as "Thai-Chinese"

Going by the photo of mum I would call that description circumspect.  Wishful thinking perhaps.

12 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

You are the one be who started with all the “better” nonsense. I never said she was. Beauty in the eye of the beholder and all that and I’ve seen/been with some cracking bargirls in my time  but I’ve never been with one with perfect English, highly educated, great sense of humour does charity, is an ambassador for mental health ANd Miss Thailand/Miss Workd contestant to boot. 
Its nothing condescending when you state facts. And that’s all I’m doing. 

If you go to a skoda showroom you will never find a ferrari . I feel you'r a bit jealous of your MATE mr fact stater ????

Some of these women wear makeup, but when I sat with a bar girl, I would ask if I could get her picture as she

was so beautiful, then the next day when I sobered up I would look at the picture of an average

looking woman with a ton of make up on. Yeah women are so much more lovely when you are drunk.

Geezer

On 5/17/2021 at 6:32 PM, Lacessit said:

I trust the news team is familiar with Australian slang, not that I would say no.

As good  a reason as any to wake up for one lol. By the way,  there used to be a gardening store in Melbourne called "Eats, Roots and Leaves"