Proactive screening conducted at Lak Si construction site

snoop1130

construction-camp-768x576.jpg

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) has conducted proactive screening at construction sites and surrounding areas in Lak Si district. So far, 2,000 people have been screened, with 680 testing positive, out of 1,667 construction workers. 120 of them have been sent to hospitals for treatment, while the high-risk groups have been quarantined.

The construction sites have been closed, while workers inside are provided with meals and other necessities. The Laksi district office and the police are also strictly monitoring the entrances and exits of the construction site.

Meanwhile, the COVID-19 information centre has identified five infection clusters in Bangkok which are growing rapidly.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/proactive-screening-conducted-at-lak-si-construction-site/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2021-05-17

• Thanks 1

That's pretty significant - 40% positive infection rate.

How many construction sites in the area, or Bangkok wide?

I just hope tomorrow they test another 20+ sites so we can see the scope of the problem, then expand to the network of suppliers, food sellers, drivers and families around them.

Just now, Excel said:

I doubt they will go to construction sites randomly as they will not want the true figures.

I agree, that site was probably targeted because some walk-ins made it a hot spot...

But if that doesn't trigger increased site testing and broader community testing around it, then I don't know what will.

...and some random sites are probably worthwhile as well...

The problem is sure starting to feel significantly bigger than reporting.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Excel said:

I doubt they will go to construction sites randomly as they will not want the true figures.

You might be right, but with the way they seem to have been pushed lately, they might expand it to test all. Who really knows what this government and the BMA will do

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DLock said:

I agree, that site was probably targeted because some walk-ins made it a hot spot...

But if that doesn't trigger increased site testing and broader community testing around it, then I don't know what will.

...and some random sites are probably worthwhile as well...

The problem is sure starting to feel significantly bigger than reporting.

Well I am afraid you may be right. If the real figures were suppressed previously than with these latest revelations reaching the public eye then the rabbit could be out of the hat.

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The construction sites have been closed, while workers inside are provided with meals and other necessities. The Laksi district office and the police are also strictly monitoring the entrances and exits of the construction site.

So hardly proactive, like the prisons... after the horse has bolted.

More like re-active.

• Thanks 1

I wonder why these numbers were not reflected in today's reporting (for yesterdays count).

It feels like the numbers are coming so fast and so big, that it is easy to drop a few hundred here and a few hundred there to limit the total...

Not feeling right.