My wife doesn't like my bad body odor (BO).

Serious point. OP, if you are reluctant to us deodorants regularly then have you considered one of the many men's cooling talcum powders here?

Plenty to choose from and some have long lasting perfumes for all day freshness.

Talc is rarely used by men in the west but comes into its own in hot, humid countries, particularly if you are prone to sweating.

Sometimes you need to adjust your personal hygiene routine to where you live.

11 hours ago, charliechoc said:

My wife thinks it's revolting and is complaining a lot. I think Thai's are quite particular about bad smells. She will not even kiss me unless I have brushed my teeth. 

Sorry, Mate, with your  stench, both body odor and bad breath.  you don't sound like a pleasant person to be near.

If you ever wake up and decide you no longer want to smell badly, you'll probably also need to get rid of your stink permeated clothes.

I have to wonder if you have any self respect  at all since you go around fully aware others find you to stink.

Oh wait!     The OP posted only in jest.      ????

• Haha 1

Hygiene is part of a person's dignity, when I read here certain comments that even in the West would not be accepted as good hygiene, despite a much colder climate such as not washing in the morning makes me shiver. If Thais define the many farang as dirty I can only agree. In a climate like Thailand where warmth rhymes like a good morning and a minimum of respect for the person who lives with excellent hygiene. And if your partner insists that you are still dirty then the separation is not far away for other reasons that have nothing to do with hygiene.

Only you will then answer this question.

Good Luke

13 hours ago, charliechoc said:

My wife thinks its revolting and is complaining a lot. I think Thai's are quite particular about bad smells.

Says the nation that washes their asses with their hand. The Thais think themselves to be superior to most other nations. Yes we smell, body odor, but not the same as Thais hence why they moan.

Same regarding when cooking food. When we cook food the Thais find it a repulsive smell. Just as much as we find their cooking repulsive. They just can't bite the bullet and get over it. 

Habits in Thailand
Strange Thai Behavior.
  • Thai's Accept Gifts From Others Without Opening Them. ...
  • Throwing Trash Out Of A Moving Vehicle. ...
  • Thais Put Ice In Their Drinks When They Are Feeling Cold. ...
  • Set The Air Conditioner On The Lowest Possible Setting. ...
  • Skin Whitening Phenomenon. ...
  • Sunbathing With Clothes On. ...
  • Thai's Love Stinky Food.

•  
Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Poet said:

My motivation for posting a list of ten things that will all contribute to improved odor is that I want to help another member of this forum.

and you are assuming this is a legitimate post... ?? The guy can read and write and not know how to shower? 

I say he is having some fun wasting your time... which I guess is ok too

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

If my woman told me I smelled, I'd consider it time to move on.

same as if she said good morning and brought you coffee? 

Though in spite of your detached rhetoric, you do seem to keep relatively committed relations w/certain chosen ones... others not so, but that is the understanding. 

8 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Even on an anonymous forum I would be too embarrassed to admit this.

I can honestly swear on my life, that I shower at least three times a day and my oral hygiene is bang up there with the best of them.

Brought up poor, but in a house where cleanliness is next to godliness.

I then went in the Royal Navy as a kid and it was exactly as how I had been brought up, so I was off to a good start.

Yeah, can't even imagine being closely quartered aboard ship with people that stink....

I'm siding with the OP's wife here....It must affect her entire existence.....

The laundry must stink.... Can't escape the smell trying to eat....

The bedding & furniture must reek - let alone tolerating how the passionate love making "musk" must be - furry teeth and all.....

Let alone the how she must feel trapped, losing face, when nobody else around her that is dirty - it doesn't go unnoticed....

The Thais, for the most part, are fastidiously clean and quick to clean/shower regardless of their type of work.....

There's a lot of good advice here....I respectfully suggest the OP follow it - or he just may completely lose his wife.....

• Like 1

Thais have an excellent sense of smell.  Howeve, one must remember that in the past no one wore deoderants whether good or bad and life went on.  Maybe time to consider using something natural like baking soda etc?  Or maybe time to trade in the wife on a newer model:)

13 hours ago, MarkT63 said:

Clean your teeth first thing evey morning

That raises another argument.

I say brush teeth after eating breakfast. GF says no. Brush when get up. Before eating.

I looked it up and apparently she is right. something about bacteria build up overnight.

But I still can't help thinking that cleaning teeth after breakfast is a better start to the day.

• Like 2

Just now, phetphet said:

I looked it up and apparently she is right. something about bacteria build up overnight.

But I still can't help thinking that cleaning teeth after breakfast is a better start to the day.

If you're that worried, why not do both?

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

If you're that worried, why not do both?

Not worried. I am normally up, have eaten breakfast and showered long before she gets up. My dental hygiene is pretty good according to my dentist. Was just something that came up at home.

As said alum was the traditionally used DEO here before advertising told everyone to buy this or that.  Cheap (if not bought in chic shop) and does work.  As became allegoric to spray have been using normal Nivea body milk moisturizer and find it works fine for non worker like myself and is also good for the old dry skin.  Only need a small amount underarms.

image.jpeg.7ea65e897c1eb63e263ef8df3e2d5730.jpegimage.jpeg.cfc05de3e4dc5e9e5ac49e60ac787461.jpeg

Edited by lopburi3
  • Like 1