My wife doesn't like my bad body odor (BO).

This post just has to be a joke.....surely no one would knowingly go around with body odor??!

I have experienced with a few falang on the street but easier to get out of their drift so to speak....

(and we wonder why all Thais think falang are dirty.....jeeeez)

3 hours ago, Farang99 said:

How often do you shower? Many farang don't realise that they need to shower at least twice a day to remain odourless.

or more if you're working at something

I get up and get some work done in garden while its cool and then shower before breakfast......and then just before bed.....those are the rules in our house.

Im happy that Thais are a very clean people in general....really sad that people come here from other countries and work at being offensive

• Like 1

OP, I agree about chemical deodorants. I use them very infrequently, like immigration visits, etc. I also don't use soap except about once a week, same for shampoo. Always shower before bed. I don't like feeling gritty at night. 

However , I do shower frequently, 3-4 times daily in hot weather, and always before going out. 

I resist the 'vacation' mindset though. I want to be presentable to others I meet, especially friends and family of my Lady. Maybe it's not fair, but we are judged on a different scale than Thai people. Don't give them another excuse for bias. 

To be fair, personal chemistry and what one eats has a lot to do with it. If you eat enough citrus you'll be surprised that your sweat smells like citrus. I'm convinced that heavy carnivorous diets cause smelly sweat and feces. Ever smell cat sh*t? High protein diet. I rarely eat red meat and can usually tell that I did when I use the toilet 24 hrs later. 

I've asked and my GF says my body oder is acceptable. She wouldn't lie about that either as she is very partial to good smells and has containers of various fragrances all over the house, including my favorite, mothballs. (BTW I always wonder who removes them from the moths. Just idle curiosity mind you, not my idea of a dream job. ) 

3 hours ago, charliechoc said:

u must be australian

Born and raised, and my wife also knows what a Dutch oven is too, sometimes I wonder why I taught her the things I did because she easily uses them back on me, and thinks it's funnier as if to think it's a competition.......paybacks !

I can't believe that someone would have such audacity to post on the internet that he is not clean and smells bad. Unbelievable, unless the post meant to be a light humor.

You really have fear of chemicals? I use perfume, deodorants, creams all my life and I am very healthy and never had a problem, in fact, I get a lot of nice comments from work colleagues men and women about my nice smell. In fact, I get a lot of girls attracted just by my hygiene, grooming and pleasant smell.

To solve your problem with your poor patient wife, have a shower, brush your teeth and invest in armpit deodorant and apologize to her for being unreasonable, difficult and argumentative.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

With regards to the OP's problem it's more than likely the wife has the problem and she's menopausal.  ???? He therefore has my sympathies.

Then I guess he wouldn't mind when dining at the Y, if she doesn't clean up either!????

Let just hope there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow for her?????

Edited by thailand49

On 5/18/2021 at 1:30 PM, robblok said:

sweat easy always make sure i got some cologne ready take it with me in a small spray on if i go out for a long time.  iff you know you sweat a lot or smell bad its not that hard to get cologne or take a fresh t shirt with you just in case. 

As a public service to those non-stinky TVF members, maybe you could post the name ond  address of the gym you frequent and the times you're there.

As Kannikap posted:       Nothing worse than the smell of BO & cologne mixed together!    LOL"

25 minutes ago, Andy from Kent said:

As a public service to those non-stinky TVF members, maybe you could post the name ond  address of the gym you frequent and the times you're there.

As Kannikap posted:       Nothing worse than the smell of BO & cologne mixed together!    LOL"

Not sure why i would do that, fresh sweat does not stink it stinks if you don't shower, and unlike many Brits i don't dodge the soap after a workout. Sweat only starts to stink if you let it dry up. I sweat so much during a workout that you wont smell a thing. After the workout i take a shower. Not sure if you guys do too, i mean people from the UK seem to be using tea bags twice who knows if they shower trying to save money on that too. ????

Sweat does not equate BO, its the bacteria that make it stink, thankfully not much of a problem as i wash often enough.

Also highly unlikely that you would meet me in a gym as I workout from my own home gym. ????

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=soapdodger  

A slang term for people from england. During the early to mid 20th century the english were famous for only washing once a year. The english considered bathing to be bad for the health. Hence the expression that they were adept at dodging the soap.
Hide the cutlery Sheila, I smell a soap dodger approaching.

On 5/19/2021 at 11:19 AM, Kanada said:

or more if you're working at something

I get up and get some work done in garden while its cool and then shower before breakfast......and then just before bed.....those are the rules in our house.

Im happy that Thais are a very clean people in general....really sad that people come here from other countries and work at being offensive

Many Brits still shower or bath just once a week in UK, and when they come here maintain the same habit.

• Confused 1

On 5/19/2021 at 8:15 PM, charliechoc said:

Perhaps you don't understand the risks of cancer???

Perhaps he does understand that people have no respect for someone who won’t clean themselves!

We asked several people to leave our gym back home because of their smell...

It’s a poor excuse my friend...a weak one!

• Like 1

'Soap dodger ' was stolen from the Brits to wind up the Brits who made up the words to describe 'New Age Travellers', also called 'crusties', in the UK back in the 80's/90's. Aussies ain't clever enough to think for themselves.

Why do Aussie soldiers wear their slouch hats up on one side? Cuz when asked a question and they reply 'I dunno' they then get told the correct answer. Uoon hearing the correct answer they slap the side of their head, forgetting they have their hat on, and say 'why didn't I think of that?'. F all to do with so they can carry a rifle. That's their excuse.

True story told by NZ soldiers I served with in Singapore/Malaya in 1970 ish.

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/17/2021 at 10:15 PM, Chainsaw said:

Check out alum. No more need for deodorants!

Alum, in its various forms, is commonly used as an astringent and antiseptic. This is the main reason why it is used to inhibit body odour when used as natural deodorant.

But this alum is not toxic for the body ?

On 5/18/2021 at 2:47 PM, 4MyEgo said:

When I first met my wife, we were having a conversation over dinner and I needed to break wind badly, however I thought it would be embarrassing if I let one rip on our first date, then I said to myself, you know what, what's the worst thing that can happen, e.g. I might not see here again, but I felt comfortable with this girl, so I asked her to pull my middle finger, she looked a little confused and I said you have to pull it hard and she did, then she couldn't stop laughing for 5 minutes, actually wet her pants.

We married 4 months later, true story, that was 15 years ago.

She has been letting them rip ever since, but I have always refused to pull her middle finger after her first one ????

And she's been pulling your wallet ever since.  ????

• Haha 1

On 5/17/2021 at 8:30 PM, phetphet said:

Many Thai women are like that. Maybe their upbringing in a hot climate.

Maybe try showering more. Could be some foods you are eating or even the detergent you use for laundry.

Best do something about it or you might be looking for a new wife.

Most civilized  people are like that!!! Why treat  your wife with less  respect  than your co-workers..

On 5/21/2021 at 9:27 AM, IvorBiggun2 said:

'Soap dodger ' was stolen from the Brits to wind up the Brits who made up the words to describe 'New Age Travellers', also called 'crusties', in the UK back in the 80's/90's. Aussies ain't clever enough to think for themselves.

Why do Aussie soldiers wear their slouch hats up on one side? Cuz when asked a question and they reply 'I dunno' they then get told the correct answer. Uoon hearing the correct answer they slap the side of their head, forgetting they have their hat on, and say 'why didn't I think of that?'. F all to do with so they can carry a rifle. That's their excuse.

True story told by NZ soldiers I served with in Singapore/Malaya in 1970 ish.

Nonsense.  The French were the original soap dodgers..goes back decades...possibly to the Napololeinic wars..

On 5/17/2021 at 9:35 PM, saakura said:

"East is East and West is West, the twain shall never meet" It is inconceivable for people here that anyone can feel normal or hygenic without a shower in the morning. Just as they feel that is is disgusting & unhygenic to wipe ass with tissue and feel normal and hygenic like in the west.

The definition  of odor is  bad smell. Why would anyone want to  smell bad or be dirty or unhygienic.  Presumably  the OP is unwelcome in neighbouring  houses, bars and restaurants  and indeed may need counseling with a view to mental health  issues. Lack of basic hygiene and self respect  is a key indicator for mental health  problems. Possibly  narcissistic  tendencies at play.  Just hope  the  OP  does  not have  kids.

On 5/17/2021 at 10:20 PM, MarkT63 said:

Shower at least once a day

Clean your teeth first thing evey morning

Showing respect for yourself and your partner in a must

If someone tells you that you smell then you do

Why would anyone live any differently?

On 5/17/2021 at 9:35 PM, saakura said:

"East is East and West is West, the twain shall never meet" It is inconceivable for people here that anyone can feel normal or hygenic without a shower in the morning. Just as they feel that is is disgusting & unhygenic to wipe ass with tissue and feel normal and hygenic like in the west.

The definition  of odor is  bad smell. Why would anyone want to  smell bad or be dirty or unhygienic.  Presumably  the OP is unwelcome in neighbouring  houses, bars and restaurants  and indeed may need counseling with a view to mental health  issues. Lack of basic hygiene and self respect  is a key indicator for mental health  problems. Possibly  narcissistic  tendencies at play.  Just hope  the  OP  does  not have  kids.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Nonsense.  The French were the original soap dodgers..goes back decades...possibly to the Napololeinic wars..

Why are English called Soap Dodgers?
What's the origin of the phrase 'Soap-dodger'?

This derogatory term was coined in the UK in the late 1980s/early 1990s. It was often applied to that itinerant drop-out group the 'New Age travellers', who are also derided as 'crusties'.

49 minutes ago, Leaver said:

That wasn't a joke.  ????

Then I'm not doing too bad at all after 6 years here, still have the same amount I came here with, so guess here pulling my wallet ever since has to do with me paying for us to survive, no different than back in my home country, e.g. I control the finances, always have, always will till the day I part this life, then it's hers and the kids to what they please with, and knowing her, it will last a long time because she is as tight as a fishes a.. ????