Phuket new COVID cases plunge for second consecutive day

webfact

1621240779_1-org.jpg

Image: PPHO

By The Phuket News

PHUKET: The number of new cases of people in Phuket found infected with COVID-19 has remained low for the second consecutive day, with the Phuket Provincial Public Health Office (PPHO) recording just two new cases of infection yesterday (May 16).

The two new cases recorded on a single day is the lowest on record since Phuket officials started recording new cases in the current ‘Third Wave’ of infections on Apr 3.

After reporting 18 and 19 cases last Tuesday and Wednesday (May 11-12), respectively, last Thursday saw the number of new infections fall to 12 followed by 11 last Friday (May 14).

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-new-covid-cases-plunge-for-second-consecutive-day-80033.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-05-18

Considering the objective, expect the next statement to be something along the lines of...

"Covid, what Covid? No person (above the age of 90 and accompanied by both parents) has ever tested positive on this wonderful scam free island"

Or they could do as they did with the prison population and "forget" to include certain groups, such as those who live on the island.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

tomorrow and next weeks no testing at all anymore and no cases...Phuket is ready to receive the tourist. and people who die will die of heartfailure, because if the heart doesn't beat anymore you are dead... all problems solved

D4894836-09AF-41AF-8ED1-84EAE6F6F4E0.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Yesterday's 2 cases and the continuing low numbers on the island seems to have sent the "exponential spread" crowd running for the hills. 

I wonder how many were tested?

The opening of Phuket to tourists is a farce and distraction from the truth???? Anybody coming here to Amber rated Thailand (generous rating), from UK, Canada, US and Europe will be required to quarantine upon their return to home country for 14 days in most cases.............. nice way to end your vacation. Also what exactly will be open as most staff have left Phuket heading back to their villages???? I have not read any scientific evidence that vaccinated people cannot still carry and spread the virus to non vaccinated people and I heard the aim was to have 70% of people in Phuket vaccinated ( very optimistic), so 30% will be at risk???? Oh, and direct flights to Phuket start when? If flying into BKK don’t they then have to quarantine???? I could be wrong but July opening for Phuket appears to be a pipe dream with no tobacco????

It really doesn't matter if Phuket gets to 0 cases if the rest of Thailand has growing numbers. 

Other Countries wont say it is ok to go to Phuket but not Thailand. It was suggested for Majorca in Spain as it is an island with low cases but it was dropped. I can see no reason why Phuket will be thought of as different to a Spanish Island.

2 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

If you're curious, the numbers are online but you may need to read Thai. But my feeling is you're just trolling.

Why are you saying that?In the article it was not mentioned and i think it

is a fair question.

43 minutes ago, jvs said:

Why are you saying that?In the article it was not mentioned and i think it

is a fair question.

They need to mention everything related to Covid in every article...be some pretty long articles. The information is available online if you want it. (It's also often posted in the News Sub-Forum here.)

• Thanks 1

Phuket new COVID cases plunge for second consecutive day.

Cases are plunging because the hierarchy want them to, and this is quite possibly backed up by a lack of/no real testing, so as per usual here, no one knows quite what is going on.

Of course I want the poor Thai folk here on the island to benefit from some tourism cash, but not at the cost of contracting a virus, and possibly spreading it.

Plunged? Who writes this drivel.

No one is in Phuket anymore.

Between harassing its residents and losing money from the hospitality industry..... (obviously not being hospitable) it continues to spite itself with discrimination and racism.  

Many people have returned from Phuket in the last several weeks describing it as nothing less than a Ghost Island.

Majority of businesses are closed. 

Especially among entertainment and tour/events opportunity. 

• Like 1