New Committee Will Help Government Speed up Vaccine Distribution

webfact

2 hours ago, law ling said:

A complete vax-distribution plan should have been established months ago. This last-minute fumbling around is not a good look ... hardly speaks of competent planning.

you used 2 words that are not known in Thai language: 

1 competent

2 planning

this chaos is what you get when incapable militairy do politricks...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The Ministry of Industry has announced that a public/private committee for COVID-19 vaccinations in industrial estates has been set up to help the government achieve its goal of administering 500,000 vaccine doses daily.

Another bl**dy committee.... Jeez

• Haha 2

Just now, clivebaxter said:

what happened to the Covid Tsar who was meant to get things done?

He is inundated with paperwork currently ensuring all his bank accounts are up to date in tax havens for when he makes a bolt for it.

• Like 2

This is one area that does not need a committee.

Thais are very good at getting things done like this 

They will set up 800 venues across Thailand & with 6 nurses working in each + the back up crews for registration, supply,disposal of medical waste etc,

With the private Hospitals chipping in it can & will be done

BUT, NOTHING CAN HAPPEN UNTIL THE VACCINE IS AVAILABLE IN SUFFICIENT NUMBERS

3 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

what happened to the Covid Tsar who was meant to get things done?

The Thai peasant rumour mill says (for whatever that's worth) that his days are numbered. Yellow Persons looking elsewhere (yes, but where? Donald Trump perhaps?)

10 hours ago, webfact said:

government achieve its goal of administering 500,000 vaccine doses daily

Or 15 million monthly, with 70% of the population vaccinated in 3 months...a target no country has achieved, not even close.

Thailand may reach 500,000 shots a day when bitcoin reaches 500,000 dollars...which won't be anytime soon...

Meanwhile the members of the committee will collect their well deserved fees and enjoy their perks...

Pick up the "Bat Phone" and call Joe. 

He's already chatted with the PM in Canada.

Joe promised 50 million doses of Vaccine by the end of next month.

That amount would certainly go a long way in Thailand.   Thats what ....about 10 X Smaller in Square Kilometers than Canada.

We can have military transports distribute throughout Thailand in less than 48 hours. Inoculation centers in under 24 hours. 

No one is picking up the " Bat Phone" in Joe's office? Jing Jing? 

Ok, who <deleted> off Senator Duckworth last year? 

So much negativity folks.

Do you think that helps ?

Does it make you feel better to B#*&h about Thailand ?

And don't try telling me Thailand this......and Thailand that.

I've been here for over 30 years and have seen a lot.

If it makes you feel good or you think that it helps to complain, go right on ahead.

Me, I don't live my life that way.

• Like 1

I actually think it is good that other Ministries and sectors are stepping in.

We are also seeing health authorities in some provinces, together with provincial administrators, taking  matters in their own hands.

In addition to filling a void, by setting up vaccination venues they increase the pressure on the central government to get vaccines in.

There is no question that the central government mishandled this badly, everyone knows it, but what matters now is where we go from here. This (the epidemic and the associated restrictions) seriously needs to end, the only way out is through vaccination, and whatever it takes to make that work, I'm all for it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

I actually think it is good that other Ministries and sectors are stepping in.

We are also seeing health authorities in some provinces, together with provincial administrators, taking  matters in their own hands.

In addition to filling a void, by setting up vaccination venues they increase the pressure on the central government to get vaccines in.

There is no question that the central government mishandled this badly, everyone knows it, but what matters now is where we go from here. This (the epidemic and the associated restrictions) seriously needs to end, the only way out is through vaccination, and whatever it takes to make that work, I'm all for it.

I agree completely !!!