Beach “closures” in Pattaya, park closures in Bangkok, spark confusion and anger from local residents

webfact

1 minute ago, tonray said:

Agree...but I've never seen anyone drink in the parks in Bangkok/Nonthaburi...especially in hot season. Pretty much the only people there would be exercisers and nature lovers such as myself. On a bright note...I was pleasantly surprised when I was able to eat a nice lunch at the Ikea restaurant yesterday afternoon....makes a world of difference instead of just going to the supermarket and right back home.

The Swedish meatball dinner? 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Thailand needs to step up it vaccination program in conjunction with closing public places.  these two approaches together are the only way to resolve the pandemic here.  you can not do one without the other and succeed.  being Thailand they are doing what is cheapest and less labor intensive by just shutting down restaurants and public places and not instituting a vaccination program concurrently. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Wuvu2 said:

I attend a support group of people diagnosed with both Alcoholism and Autophobia (Fear of being alone). Shouldn't we be granted a medical exception to the Covid laws?

What about sexaholics? Exception, too?

3 hours ago, webfact said:
3 hours ago, webfact said:

have driven widespread anger and even confusion on English and Thai language social media over the past several days

Really? Any links to this widespread anger and even confusion on Thai social media about them closing Pattaya Beach?

What I am reading on social media is more concern and panic about 10,000 cases yesterday from the UK variant and anger at the government for the lack of vaccines and various other issues.

I am sceptical about the accuracy of this news from Adam Judd. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

I recently visited a beach west of Ban Chang (just a drive by sightseeing).  At the road providing access to the beach areas I was temperature tested at the blocked off entrance and asked to show that I had a mask available.  All along the drive large groups of people were sitting together eating and drinking.  Without singling out a specific group I will just say there were several nationalities participating. 

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

Signs of things to come and much, much worse,this country isn't going anywhere with this covid business UNTIL everyone will be vaccinated and that will takes years...

I think not, their economy and social structure will break long before that if the vaccine roll out is not spread up considerably.  The world will not remain in this state for years regardless of this virus. If however it mutates into something with a 30% or higher death toll then your scenario will probably play out. People are already fed up and Thailand hasn’t really experienced any major restrictions compared with the rest of the world.

Edited by onthedarkside
inflammatory comment removed
  • Like 1