Beach “closures” in Pattaya, park closures in Bangkok, spark confusion and anger from local residents

webfact

30 minutes ago, steevjee said:

Yeah right! they should have referred to their Pandemic Handbook, hey Mr 2 bob expert

Most of the info you whinge about here is long past history and guess what???     We have zero Covid

Reading this, one word comes to mind.......SOOK!

Oooooo bit defensive aren't we sweet heart? Lol yes the 23rd April so long in the distant past... 

The main reason there is so little covid is because no one is allowed in or out of the joint. Real progressive.

https://www.wa.gov.au/government/announcements/perth-metro-and-peel-enter-3-day-lockdown

Edited by starky
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, watthong said:

Oh I think I've got the answer to the riddle now...Maybe because Samut Prakan is still red while Nonthaburi has gone orange?

I asked GF who said both Nonthaburi and Bangkok can have in restaurant dining but must limit seating to 25% capacity. Who knows..with the worst case numbers ever and we get restrictions lifted...business $$$ has spoken

"Locals"

Toothless farang with a week's growth of beard walking and sitting on the cement benches - wearing 40b singlet, 60b nylon running shorts and 40b foam flip-flops.

Amirite?

Edited by kynikoi
typo
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, tonray said:

Agree...but I've never seen anyone drink in the parks in Bangkok/Nonthaburi...especially in hot season. Pretty much the only people there would be exercisers and nature lovers such as myself. On a bright note...I was pleasantly surprised when I was able to eat a nice lunch at the Ikea restaurant yesterday afternoon....makes a world of difference instead of just going to the supermarket and right back home.

Ikea restaurant? What? Do the give you the ingredients and the pots and you cook it yourself?????

3 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

Ikea restaurant? What? Do the give you the ingredients and the pots and you cook it yourself?????

No but while you eat you can watch cute Thai girls order sugary sweet drinks ...that makes up for their lack of hospitality...????

I am puzzled why anyone would be angry  or confused when Covid numbers are going up instead of down 3 weeks after all the restrictions.

If anyone wants to be angry, direct your anger back 6 weeks when cluster was found in a bar and instead of locking down the area, not only they left it all open but allowed free travel.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, kynikoi said:

"Locals"

Toothless farang with a week's growth of beard walking and sitting on the cement benches - wearing 40b singlet, 60b nylon running shorts and 40b foam flip-flops.

Amirite?

I've since switched to 'Clicks' faux leather sandals ...ha ha ha 

5 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

These rules are unfortunate as all the pandemic science has shown that outside is the safest place to be...if done responsibly, I.e., individuals or small groups observing sensible physical distancing. There has been little to no documented cases of virus spread from being outside. It's really shameful policymakers around the world can't seem to grasp this fact.

Well, they are politicians and not graspers. Comes with the job.

42 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Why close the beaches? The police should just do their jobs, find a group who are drinking alcohol and make them pour their drinks into the sand, 

all of the drinks, even the unopened ones have to be opened and poured out, then fine the drivers 1000 baht.  Have the media take lots of pictures

to shame the drinkers, and make it known that there will be no tolerance and no exceptions.    Closing the beaches is just stupid, especially when the country

is supposed to be planning to re open to tourists.  

Geezer

This is exactly the same as I was saying for the parks, but unfortunately, this lot only know to throw the baby out with the bathwater...I seem to use that phrase a lot when commenting on here!

They need to close all these venues including restricting access to wide-open, outdoor areas with sunshine and fresh-air as well as anyplace where a person may have fun, and mandate masks everywhere as well.  Keep tightening down the screws on the public so when vaccines finally arrive the government has a carrot on a stick to lead the "vaccine hesitant" to their vaccination centers to exchange a set of shots for a chance of regaining a slice of what used to be a normal life. 

1 minute ago, CALSinCM said:

They need to close all these venues including restricting access to wide-open, outdoor areas with sunshine and fresh-air as well as anyplace where a person may have fun, and mandate masks everywhere as well.  Keep tightening down the screws on the public so when vaccines finally arrive the government has a carrot on a stick to lead the "vaccine hesitant" to their vaccination centers to exchange a set of shots for a chance of regaining a slice of what used to be a normal life. 

GRIM, but sadly all too true.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

OFFICER :   Do not ask questions , just follow the rules   !!

got it  ??

Of course it doesn't make sense , wind from the open sea do not carry

or transport ANY VIRUS .... it is the getting together on top of the sand

plus drinking alcohol & being close to each other that is dangerous .

but sitting alone or 2 people as a couple should pose no hazard  !!

but the " BOSS " say so  .... just follow  !!

5 hours ago, baansgr said:

For anyone in doubt why beaches are closed...As soon as bar closures happen, groups of every nationality start partying on the beach....with acohol banned in restos beaches became like rave parties...even now, walking at 6am in Jomtien, groups of people with their Chang beers and Thai whiskey..what's hard to understand

greatly exaggerated

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pagallim said:

A former wife told me I was an alcoholic.   I told her no, alcoholics go to meetings, I go to parties.

yep same here my doctor told me i had a drink problem i disagreed..i drink..i get drunk..i fall over No problem..

• Like 1

like many Drs and professors outside the world governments have said Corvid only kills the weak and vulnerable, all this really comes down to is controlling the people and up to now they are doing a grand job, its up to us people only if we stay together 

• Confused 2

12 minutes ago, Harveyboy said:

yep same here my doctor told me i had a drink problem i disagreed..i drink..i get drunk..i fall over No problem..

Never forget it is better to have a bottle in front of you than a frontal lobotamy.  And remember alcohol is a crutch and Sang Som is the wheelchair.

6 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

These rules are unfortunate as all the pandemic science has shown that outside is the safest place to be...if done responsibly, I.e., individuals or small groups observing sensible physical distancing. There has been little to no documented cases of virus spread from being outside. It's really shameful policymakers around the world can't seem to grasp this fact.

I guess you don’t mean outside markets 

Have you been in the Matrix where you have received the program for medical and science expert knowledge?

The rules are confused enough so we don’t want to break them down any further.
Note: drinking alcohol in groups will lead to decreased social distancing. Unless you are blind, we have all seen this on the local beaches. Then there are those that want a single beer from the 7/11 to drink on the beach. So to hypothesise the above scenarios do the authorities draw a line in the sand or break down the rules even further?

Are you The One ????

Agreed same as riding a bike with a mask on? Makes no sense

• Like 1

with officials spending entire days chasing people off the beach." I wish they would have officials spending entire days fining people running red lights , not wearing helmets , go left or right without signaling , using phone while driving , drinking and driving etc etc etc . Would be much better for everybodies safety then this B.S chasing people of the beach in the outside air . Plus it would safe much more lives . 

19 minutes ago, choff56 said:

I tried jogging at the beach one time, but in less than a minute I hit the water and couldn’t go any further.

Obviously, you just ran in the wrong direction.

You're supposed to run along the waves and not towards them.