Beach “closures” in Pattaya, park closures in Bangkok, spark confusion and anger from local residents

webfact

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Some beaches allow people to walk on the sand or swim, and some, like Pattaya Beach, are closed entirely to people who wish to walk by the water with officials spending entire days chasing people off the beach.

Love to see the reaction if Jesus turned up and started walking on the water .. 

• Haha 2

Beach closures will tie in nicely with the TAT's plan to push on with reopening Phuket on 1st July.  Lying on the beach and absorbing harmful UV rays is not good for tourists anyway, nor is drinking in bars and consorting with prostitutes.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Justgrazing said:

Love to see the reaction if Jesus turned up and started walking on the water .. 

Well, it is quite obvious.

He will be told to get the fock off the water because Thailand is a Buddhist country.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, tlandtday said:

Never forget it is better to have a bottle in front of you than a frontal lobotamy.  And remember alcohol is a crutch and Sang Som is the wheelchair.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

These rules are unfortunate as all the pandemic science has shown that outside is the safest place to be...if done responsibly, I.e., individuals or small groups observing sensible physical distancing. There has been little to no documented cases of virus spread from being outside. It's really shameful policymakers around the world can't seem to grasp this fact.

the same with these crazy idiotic rules of wearing masks outside just show how small brains the Thai government have.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, smedly said:

I can imagine the blank face and empty expression if someone asked them to explain "why"  - that comical look and head scratching of utter confusion

I suspect all you would hear from them as reason for closure would be "coveed".

1 hour ago, Dogmatix said:

Beach closures will tie in nicely with the TAT's plan to push on with reopening Phuket on 1st July.  Lying on the beach and absorbing harmful UV rays is not good for tourists anyway, nor is drinking in bars and consorting with prostitutes.  

I agree with this 100%......Phuket needs tourist who will stay in their hotel and order food by Grab and watch Netflix and help keep us all safe....

Close the parks and beaches where people are spread out and getting sun which helps produce vitamin D which is said to help protect against the virus, yet keep the malls open? I guess the owners of the parks aren't paying the government as much as the owners of the malls are. Pretty obvious who is really running this government and making critical policy decisions.

BREAKING NEWS: The Thai Govt has announced that from Weds 19 May people will be forbidden from talking in public places.

Anyone found without a pen and paper will be fined 6000b rising to 20000b for a second offence.

* They have also announced Govt medical experts are in talks with AIS and DTAC regarding possible covid virus transmissions through phone calls.

Enjoy your day.

• Haha 2

Confusion and Anger?  

If there is anything that should cause confusion and anger, it should be the intimidation Tactics of the Government.

"NOT OUR FAULT, ITS THE PEOPLES FAULT"

Phuket should be text book reading for middle school students of: What not to do during a crisis. 

Minister Auntin continues to defy The Law of Probabilities and still remains in office.

IF ANYONE OR EVERYONE IS CONFUSED OR ANGRY OVER PARK, BEACH OR RECREATION.... , they're going to need to be a lot angrier and take action. 

7 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Why close the beaches? The police should just do their jobs, find a group who are drinking alcohol and make them pour their drinks into the sand, 

all of the drinks, even the unopened ones have to be opened and poured out, then fine the drivers 1000 baht.  Have the media take lots of pictures

to shame the drinkers, and make it known that there will be no tolerance and no exceptions.    Closing the beaches is just stupid, especially when the country

is supposed to be planning to re open to tourists.  

Geezer

So covid only attacks drinkers, an interesting if flawed analysis.  

13 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

What is the jail sentence for walking on a beach instead of the pavement right besides it?

I wouldn't like to find out. People have been jailed in the past month for sitting on the beach in groups. Remain in jail until court hearing months later, unless you post bail.

1 hour ago, chrissables said:

So covid only attacks drinkers, an interesting if flawed analysis.  

Catching Covid and drinking often go together.  You get rid of one, you get rid of the other to a large degree.

Don't people get it ?

Beaches open or not, not safe.

For you and everybody else that you come in contact with it IS NOT safe !

After watching the world for the last year are people still so adamant that they don't understand or believe that this virus can kill you ?

Get a stepmaster or something.

Better than dead and infecting your friends and family !

I don't go to the beach and I still have a very full and wonderful life.

Just hang on a while longer.

Be strong and smart, not dead.

Edited by SouthernMan3
typo
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, shackleton said:

Yes the government  can't seem to get things in priority here

Exercising along the beach or even in parks is a lot safer than on the roads

Answer is get the. vaccination program rolling faster so we can all get back to a normal way of life

Can't understand Tourists wanting to come here with all the restrictions going on .

Who says tourists actually do want to come to Thailand right now? I think that if you take away the mongers who will only come because they can't get it on in their own countries. There won't be any actual tourists.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

These rules are unfortunate as all the pandemic science has shown that outside is the safest place to be...if done responsibly, I.e., individuals or small groups observing sensible physical distancing. There has been little to no documented cases of virus spread from being outside. It's really shameful policymakers around the world can't seem to grasp this fact.

Sunlight, open air spaces are the safest place for people, but somehow dine in eating is considered safer in Thailand? Hmm, better ask the czar for the science on this decision

What support are ALL individuals receiving from the authority 

impossing 

restrictions?

Very little or none.

That, to me, is a more important issue, not closed bars, beaches etc..

Science Say's you cant contract corvid in direct sunlight or on the beach let alone having a swim ? 

thats if you can trust what scientist say after WHO S___e . 

what l have learnt from Covid 19...

1. Lawyers destroy justice 

2. Psychiatrist destroy the mind 

3. Scientist destroy the truth 

4. Major media destroy information.

5. Governments destroy the people

• Like 1

On 5/18/2021 at 9:53 AM, Destiny1990 said:

What is the jail sentence for walking on a beach instead of the pavement right besides it?

They don't want you to get in the shttttt, and catch covid maybe. 

I hear it's detectable in sewerage. 

Maybe some beaches allow people in the water depending on the sewerage situation.