Vaccine registration for foreigners in Thailand expected by August

webfact

What will happen when 80% of Thais will be vaccinated while only 20% of foreigners will be lucky to get their shot? What kind of treatment will we get from the locals at that point? 

Edited by Zikomat
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

It's happening already.

Buriram (which is often ahead of the game) opened up a walk in centre at the end of last week.  Farang friends received their free jab on Sunday.

Were passports accepted or did they  require pink cards?

Which vaccine did they get?

Sinovac or AstraZeneca?

If Sinovac were they over 60?

Edited by Jingthing

13 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

It's happening already.

Buriram (which is often ahead of the game) opened up a walk in centre at the end of last week.  Farang friends received their free jab on Sunday.

Oh no, that doesn't add up with the Thai bashers' narrative of being discriminated against and hated. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, paulbrow said:

I have a Thai tax number and a Thai Social Security account, been paying into both for over 20 years and continue to do so. Since you seem to be in the know, where do I go to register?

I would try your local

hospital.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, madmitch said:

This is the last foreigner vaccine thread I'm opening until I see something that isn't pure speculation.

Well as I've said before it's not real until that sweet sweet vaccine juice is in a syringe being injected into your arm.

In fairness we are getting reports by now of real stuff mixed in with the promises and speculation. 

Edited by Jingthing

4 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Didn't I predict it? By next week it will be adjusted to September, then October, and so forth.

Not that I am in any hurry to have any of these insufficiently tested vaccines into my veins. I am not an "anti vaxxer", but this all went too fast. 

Mr W   -   How much time do you think is necessary, in order to say that the vaccine has been sufficiently tested ? 

[From the University of Maryland Medical System - Information on the development of the Covid vaccines  ---  https://www.umms.org/coronavirus/covid-vaccine/facts/testing?__cf_chl_jschl_tk__=8974d98c69d0a00994bfb940249d69c703592bc5-1621321115-0-ASRtXPPjNyggVtvhZxeHNpE3oC8TgXp71C9sFpSAYex99oJId82kSOISwcN8ph2SVRMoZUTIfKdWhnBXX3CliOmH-JQtX5ikL531THKP5cvu5RnJ7XG1LP9GvXeRbUzpIb4huZOFTi8u-9O5ISQ-GwRYS6-dVB0wmr5COhUy0OmOHk8eKu63joqVrrP3DDwHjehyFG5OLfQNAkRE5_3YpRQeem1_QcKUuOiseHBilgyvjUtWKYlzgs7fsA8HIzrOTC4JzNuPf2ZMiG4qQf7jZEGYCgWPzb6UqH7z1Yg7MBYMWnyLUCxRA5qODzLNg8-z6niGUdmK1osHzFpdO4pV_PIVSThcl34eHgpBv4-J-rSTGidzLS1R0T4JdvuFTSduql5gz7hkgwBlGLRwU0rjgf2bypGN6aXwx0M0wf2ZRj48ji2ksE9Yr-g1WEE0qZ-DzZCsf6mX_X_E1xiAEO0iMXMdJS-XAMU5txIh5AwTcoeP8mydLk9wKtEbj5UY415nAQ]

Edited by andersonat
Addition of web-link to original post
  • Like 1

So, we all need to remain bright & cheerful at this point.

Thai bureaucracy is only quantitatively worse than - not qualitatively different from - other bureaucracies in other countries in its focus on process rather than outcomes.

In a culture that highly values complexity & ambiguity, the underlying assumption is that out of chaos and a multiplicity of methods and paths, we can all eventually arrive at nirvana. They will probably turn out to be right. The only question is one of timing.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

I have already registered on the Mor Prom LINE account and then was able to register and secure an appointment for a shot on June 8 at 4 p.m. at my local public hospital in Phetchabun on the Mor Prom phone app. There were lots of other choices of hospitals and dates.

The app asked for my passport information and pink card number, so it knows I am a foreigner. I'm going to show up at 4 p.m. and expect a shot, but I'm prepared to be turned away at that time.

I'll post a follow-up if to let everyone knows what happened.

“ registration” means jack yet all here obssessing with it.......

have read here of several “ registration” appointments being cancelled or turned away...... “ thai govt” is not riding to falang rescue here.... no NHS here...

if they have vaxed just 1% thais, after 6 months from UK vax start, “thai govt.” clearly are not going to vax falangs for many months to come........ for me its simple PRIVATE HOSPITAL whenever....

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Didn't I predict it? By next week it will be adjusted to September, then October, and so forth.

Not that I am in any hurry to have any of these insufficiently tested vaccines into my veins. I am not an "anti vaxxer", but this all went too fast. 

What, you don't think that the world has been standing still long enough after a full year of closed borders? You have so little to do with the rest of your life that you are prepared to endure the status quo for several more years while vaccines are tested to your satisfaction? I am 68 and want to get back overseas before it's too late for me. I have already had my first AZ shot and looking forward to my second. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Honestly, they act like "registering" for something is the be all and end all.

The goal right now seems to be to get everyone registered. As if registering somehow gives some immunity.

Delivering a vaccine? Meh.

Just automatically register EVERYONE.

OMG, they've got more than enough information and records on everyone. ID cards, housee registrations, TM30, TM47.....

...that's the first law in controlling a curious population...keep them guessing...promise them the earth...and, take them nowhere.

Edited by tandor

1 hour ago, vandeventer said:

It sounds like they only want to give vaccines to the ones who work here. Herd immunity is sounding better and better.

Sorry, but this is BS. No one asks for a Tax-ID. Yellow-Housebook, ´cause your name is in Thai, pink ID or Passport, ´cause this will be your registration number. But if you have a Tax-ID, this could also be your registration number for the vaccination.

Edited by BerndNe
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, pookiki said:

Some foreigners may have been able to register but this is not the case for the vast majority of us. So, for those few foreigners who have been able to register, good for you!  But your ability to register appears to be a fluke when considering the overall government policy.

I too registered on the Mor Prom system for 7 June, however there have been articles saying that the system is for Thai's, so farangs should not go to the appointment, otherwise they will be sent away, so I won't be going and others shouldn't as well.

• Confused 2

So we will have vaccinated foreigners who will enter Thailand via Phuket in July, spend 7 days in Phuket then travel to Bangkok, Pattaya etc possibly carrying the virus, mixing with expats who have not been vaccinated, not even registered for it. Makes sense.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

But Moderna, Johnson and Johnson and Pfizer are not available .......surely not before the end of this year. So nothing new choose between Sinovac and Astra Zenica. Foreigners can't buy in private hospitals too because the Government doesn't allow it

China and Russia are very grateful to America for its use of mRNA molecules for vaccination. RNA molecules are extremely fragile which makes the vaccines too difficult to transport. Thanks to this, Russia and China are going to win in the vaccine diplomacy race by flooding the world with their highly effective vaccines.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Crazy article.  Foreigners have been registering via the app for weeks.  Not sure what they're on about here.

Shh! Don't tell them, otherwise they might put a stop to the current procedure. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Other than for travel, why would foreigners and expats care if they're vaccinated? If the overarching goal is stopping virus spread in Thailand, let them get on with the Thais as quickly as possible and if the theory of "herd immunity" is correct, once 70% or so of the population is vaccinated, the virus will peeter out. Just look at the US/UK, about 60% are fully vaccinated and life is starting to return to normal. 

Sadly your very mistaken. No one is safe until everyone is safe. Why? Because in case you had not read or heard the Virus will change/mutate  as it did in UK in December  ( became UK or Kent variant) when 4 weeks or so later  deaths reached 1000+ each day. ( in a developed country). 

Now this week we have the Indian variants in towns not far from Manchester like Bolton of which one is highly transmitted & people who did not take the AZ or Pfizer are madly queuing up. This variant is doubling in numbers within 1 week as it did in India.  

The take up above age 55 etc in UK is well well beyond 60% and now the mid-30s are being vaccinated all over UK in massive numbers as younger and younger groups are fully vaccinated. A double dose of AZ or Pfizer gives 97% protection for most people. 

One last thing this vicious virus will not as you say 'peeter out' - its universal, it changes like the Flu virus. There is no end point. Massive vaccination campaigns and then yearly vaccine now needed as EU & USA & China are doing. We live with this yes but only when all 18yrs to 100 yrs vaccinated. 

Edited by peter48
  • Like 1