Vaccine registration for foreigners in Thailand expected by August

webfact

I saw the article about the Governor of Chiang Mai Province saying that all ex-pats would be

given shots too.  It mentioned that we would be able to register at private hospitals in June.   We visited Bangkok Hospital this week and I asked them if they had any info on this situation.  They said to just

keep checking their website and if they receive official notification of this then I can register for jabs

there.  I plan to follow-up on this and if I can get a US approved vaccine for pay at Bangkok Hospital then that is what I plan to do for my wife and daughter too.

• Haha 1

Here on Koh Samui foreigners (with or without Tax No. etc) have been registering for the past week.

Vaccine is "supposedly" arriving 1st week of June but lets wait and see on that one.

8 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Other than for travel, why would foreigners and expats care if they're vaccinated? If the overarching goal is stopping virus spread in Thailand, let them get on with the Thais as quickly as possible and if the theory of "herd immunity" is correct, once 70% or so of the population is vaccinated, the virus will peeter out. Just look at the US/UK, about 60% are fully vaccinated and life is starting to return to normal. 

In the UK this is the stance of the Prime Minister - but the stance of the health establishment is far more nuanced and they are very worried about the indian mutation and infections have doubled in a single week.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Guderian said:

...so we will end up with a situation in Pattaya where hundreds of thousands of vaccinated tourists who feel they are safe from the virus will be roaming freely....

I’m not one for correcting spelling mistakes, but I’m presuming you meant to say “hundreds or thousands” ????

i am sure that T.V. puts post on here about vaccines to confuse the readers . how many different posts on this subject now?  The expats over 60 have already registered from may the 1st for the vaccines to be issued on the 7th June this is on Samui. i have got my appointment already and told will be AZ along with another 3 of my friends. if this post is for other provinces or Thailand in general it is FAKE news again  

Registration doesn’t mean getting it in the land of BS. Didn’t need to register in the U.K. excellent N.H.S. Just called you in now on your records date and type of jab. Mind you there is a word that doesn’t exist in the Thai government that is intelligentsia. 

Edited by Toby1947

22 minutes ago, pjuk said:

Here on Koh Samui foreigners (with or without Tax No. etc) have been registering for the past week.

Vaccine is "supposedly" arriving 1st week of June but lets wait and see on that one.

100% correct 

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

No it's reality.

Thais from 18-59 can register from May 31st
Aliens have to wait until August.

I wish my UK ambassador would grow some ba**s and challenge this.

Why would he bother, he's had his shots.

• Like 1

This is from another story on here about the big vaccination drive in Hua Hin and Prachuap Khiri Khan. So pray tell me who is right? According to this story, being over 60 I can go and have my shot next month. Seems to be a Province by Province decision as to who gets vaccinated and when.

"The item on the agenda was the vaccine rollout in the province for those aged 60 and over and those suffering from seven medical conditions deemed to make them vulnerable from complications due to Covid-19.

The vaccinations will take place at 18 places in 8 districts from June 7th to 11th 2021. 

The eight district and number of places in each are Hua Hin (7), Bang Saphan (3), Pranburi (2) Prachuap city (2) and one each in Bang Saphan Noi, Sam Roi Yod, Thap Sakae and Kuiburi. 

The places in Hua Hin are branches of Hua Hin Hospital and Market Village and Bluport shopping centers. 

For 18-59 year old Thai and foreigners who are not in the 60+ and high risk categories, they will be able to register for vaccination via the Mor Prom app and hospitals from May 31st.

Vaccinations for these people will be in August." 

Update the Damn Platform, stop making it hard for Everyone. 

A gifted 16 year old in this day and age should be able to make a universal language "App" to register for something as simple as an inoculation Que. 

THAI IMMIGATION should have every residents Personal Information and number by now.  The health Ministry cant call the Ministry of Interior? 

Registration for : Everyone!  Learn a new word:     "Everyone" 

eve·ry·one

/ˈevrēˌwən/

No one knows what foreigner means anymore.   There is no Foreignland.

No one comes from such a place. 

If people continue to label others apart from themselves we are no better off than The Atrocities against Thais, Jews, Australians, Chinese, Koreans, Americans, Phillipines or any of the haineous crimes committed during War.

The Wars are over....   there is no US and THEM...... 

Discrimination in Thailand needs to Stop Now.   

Say No to a "Back of the Bus" Attitude and Belief! 

Good thing I am getting the sputnik vaccine while I am at work then. One jab done, the next one in three weeks. 

But I will still be forced to quarantine for 15 days regardless of vaccinated status. Amazing 

10 hours ago, grantbkk said:

This can't be true.  Last week they said we can register in early June.  This must be fake news.

Of course it's Fake News I 've Registered for the Over 60 (74) and got a Date for the Jab 8th of June .

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Were passports accepted or did they  require pink cards?

Which vaccine did they get?

Sinovac or AstraZeneca?

If Sinovac were they over 60?

I think most just took passports. **

Sinovac. AZ is said not to be available until 8th June.

Most over 60, but some younger I think.

Sinovac now approved for 60+ 

** From my contact:-     "A form to tick off which is in Thai, Thai Id card or yellow house book some have taken passport and ok but ideally they are looking for Thai id number 13 digit"

Edited by hotandsticky
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Thed said:

But what is with the BioNtech Pfizer vaccine

I thought it was ordered alreasy ?????

Don't know about the order status and even if, it won't arrive here before end of this year. Manufacturer queue is full with other countries that ordered far before Thailand was even thinking about it.

5 hours ago, storm316 said:

I have a pink ID card, tax number, social security number and work permit.

Was told by the school this weekend we would be getting the vaccinations for everyone including foreign staff.

Thai teachers went yesterday and foreign teachers were today after spending all yesterday filling in forms.

We go today at  7 AM to the site for paper check and all the other checking we are doing, the minute we get there a Thai health official is saying why foreigners here, not for foreigners.

The Thai teacher explained to him it was agreed for us to get the vaccine as we work with the students, but he was still not enough for Thai so why foreigners get the vaccine.

He went and rang his boss who also said NO to foreigners.

After 2 hours waiting and many phone calls we all left after just sitting around and being looked on as a side show by all getting the vaccines and these were many ages not just over 60's.

They now said maybe next month or July.

So if you have registered good luck if you can get it as here not much chance.

Where is "....here....." ?

8 hours ago, Almer said:

Why would i want a tax ID when i have no taxable income?

If you have money in the bank you pay tax on interest, with a tax number you claim it back if the interest is less than 20k a year, simple really.

5 minutes ago, raccos21 said:

Certainly it works. Just not 100%. Almost no vaccine is 100%.  As the article you cite notes, the number of infections in vaccinated people is "almost negligible". Less than 0.01%.

• Like 2