Vaccine registration for foreigners in Thailand expected by August

webfact

10 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Why would they not want to vaccinate foreigners? 

Perhaps you should ask Anutin.

He seems to be the one making the running on the topic - and his department is ultimately responsible...

Edited by herfiehandbag

1 hour ago, clivebaxter said:

If you have money in the bank you pay tax on interest, with a tax number you claim it back if the interest is less than 20k a year, simple really.

Yes correct, and the Thailand revenue department may also tax you on EVERYTHING that goes through your bank account, even if it’ is not income derived from working or doing business in Thailand. 

Beware of anyone suggesting you to get a tax ID number for its benefits, as there are none.

Back on topic, if you’re a long term stayer on a Non immigrant visa, or an extension of such visa (for example married to a Thai) this should be enough to register for a vaccine.

If you are one of those left over tourists who have been on emergency covid relief visas for the past year, or an illegal volunteer visa issued in a province where you have never even visited, expect to have a problem and be prepared to pay for it.

2 minutes ago, taxin said:

Yes correct, and the Thailand revenue department may also tax you on EVERYTHING that goes through your bank account, even if it’ is not income derived from working or doing business in Thailand. 

They cannot tax you on money brought in from abroad unless  it was earned in the same year it was transferred in. I haven't heard of this ever being attempted as almost impossible for them to know. (And for some types of income, like US Social Security, there are tax treaties in place that preclude it being taxed in Thailand even if brought directly in as earned).

First year I claimed the refund on withheld tax on bank interest (for which one  needs a tax number, so it does have some use), I got  asked to come into the Provincial revenue department to answer questions about my income, because they thought I must be working in Thailand. I brought with me a huge stack of credit advices showing transfers from abroad and my passport with the "retirement" extension stamp and that was that. No issue the following year. I am the only person I know to whom that happened and  I think it was  because there are virtually no foreign retirees in the province, all of the few foreigners here are working. Revenue office did not even know there was such as thing as a retirement visa or extension (kept asking for my "work permit"). But once shown the "retirement stamp" and credit transfers (which they did nto go through in any detail) all was OK.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hotandsticky said:

You will have to search that for yourself, but - trust me - it is being given to the 60+ group.

There ya go, easy to Google:-

We are not allowed to link to BP so I had to remove your link, sorry. BOP rules, we have to ocmply.

It is true that Thai MoPH has approved Sinovac use in over 60's but I haven't heard of it actually being given to any as of yet, and the plan for Phase II remains to use AZ.

They may have approved it in order to have recourse should a hospital run out of AZ during Phase II...which is possible.  Idea being it would upset the public/erode trust (I know, I know - ship has already sailed!) to have people register and then be turned away.  Though they are getting enough push back on it that they may reconsider.

Is it so difficult for expats to understand.

There will be no alternative vaccine to sinovac in near future. 

IF private enterprise finds a way to import alternatives and provide via private hospitals etc then that's an option. 

That jab will cost. 

Do not listen to Thai mumbo jumbo.

• Like 1

No. Unnecessary to achieve this Crazed Absolute 100% Vax / Zero Covid 

type status. Vax is to protect individuals but also to achieve Area / Country Herd Immunity at around 70% vaxed / infected, when the thing will be reduced in severity for control by yearly vax cocktail (combined perhaps with winter flu vax)

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Showtime said:

Register by August, vaccine by year-end if lucky.  Are you kidding me.  Why not return to your home country to get the vaccine and get a real vaccine rather than this Chinese junk?

Because the risk of catching Covid-19 would be too great if I was to head up to Bangkok and catch a flight home. 

22 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Other than for travel, why would foreigners and expats care if they're vaccinated? If the overarching goal is stopping virus spread in Thailand, let them get on with the Thais as quickly as possible and if the theory of "herd immunity" is correct, once 70% or so of the population is vaccinated, the virus will peeter out. Just look at the US/UK, about 60% are fully vaccinated and life is starting to return to normal. 

In the UK around 20,500,000 have had the second dose. I think that is just below 40% of adults. Your figure I believe is for 1st dose. A little way to go yet, even there... but results are very positive. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

In the UK around 20,500,000 have had the second dose. I think that is just below 40% of adults. Your figure I believe is for 1st dose. A little way to go yet, even there... but results are very positive. 

Yes you are correct, my figure was a bit high. I re-checked and for the US, it's about 50% fully vaccinated; and yet, at this lower rate (not 70%+ as previously thought) new cases decline rapidly and the CDC has removed many mask recommendations and businesses and public venues are starting to return to normal. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Neeranam said:

They are out their comfort zone and scared. 

I am definitely out of my comfort zone every time I put a mask on, which is every time I leave the house. Covid kills and I don't want to be part of that statistic.

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Bradmeister said:

Update the Damn Platform, stop making it hard for Everyone. 

A gifted 16 year old in this day and age should be able to make a universal language "App" to register for something as simple as an inoculation Que. 

THAI IMMIGATION should have every residents Personal Information and number by now.  The health Ministry cant call the Ministry of Interior? 

Registration for : Everyone!  Learn a new word:     "Everyone" 

eve·ry·one

/ˈevrēˌwən/

No one knows what foreigner means anymore.   There is no Foreignland.

No one comes from such a place. 

If people continue to label others apart from themselves we are no better off than The Atrocities against Thais, Jews, Australians, Chinese, Koreans, Americans, Phillipines or any of the haineous crimes committed during War.

The Wars are over....   there is no US and THEM...... 

Discrimination in Thailand needs to Stop Now.   

Say No to a "Back of the Bus" Attitude and Belief! 

For generations now they have undergone an education system in which everyone must pass, irrespective of their actual performance. In just about every field of endeavour, every professional occupation, nepotism, ability to pay and connections are the criteria for advancement; ability simply does not count. The place is awash with comic opera uniforms, medals and badges which even the recipients don't understand. Everything  is subservient to an image, an image which supports a very small number of people at the top of society.

The result - when something like this pandemic occurs they simply do not have the beginning of a clue as to how to react. All they can do is pose, make meaninglessness and contradictory announcements for which they have neither the means nor the ability nor frankly the interest to put into place.

Meeting the challenges of this pandemic will require clear thinking, planning, clear instructions and simple hard work to make the plan and instructions work.

This bunch? Not a hope!

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Why would they not want to vaccinate foreigners? 

12 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

Perhaps you should ask Anutin.

He seems to be the one making the running on the topic - and his department is ultimately responsible...

11 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Ask him what?

There you are are.

Clear now?

• Confused 1

59 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

No, Anutin wants to vaccinate foreigners, of course. 

When they needed to register Thai Nationals for covid injections the Mor Prom app was set set up and registration options completed or ALL 50 MILLION Thai nationals within about 48 hours.

For expats, Anutin has still trying to say that, after three weeks, for just a few thousand expats, they are still just in the process of setting up a register......and you still suggest he wants to vaccinate expats.????

On 5/18/2021 at 7:21 AM, webfact said:

currently in the process of

is expected to be available

is not yet known if

Just more noise. 

I'll check the news again in October; something may change by then...... or not. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I've just been told from a good source that Covid injections will start on the 7th June  where I live. Buriram Province.

My friends are scheduled for June 9th, Chiang Mai.

On 5/18/2021 at 8:44 AM, Pattaya Spotter said:

Other than for travel, why would foreigners and expats care if they're vaccinated? If the overarching goal is stopping virus spread in Thailand, let them get on with the Thais as quickly as possible and if the theory of "herd immunity" is correct, once 70% or so of the population is vaccinated, the virus will peeter out. Just look at the US/UK, about 60% are fully vaccinated and life is starting to return to normal. 

Yes it it wasn't for me have to go out of the county into another where they request you can show that you have been vaccinated l wouldn't both with it, l live in an isolated villagers from tourists.

• Like 1

If we can just put the confirmation in the news only and not the speculation, that'd be great. 

2 days ago it was June, yesterday July, today August and tomorrow September. If we keep going on like this, by July they'll say we'll get it in the year 2068.

22 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

If we can just put the confirmation in the news only and not the speculation, that'd be great. 

2 days ago it was June, yesterday July, today August and tomorrow September. If we keep going on like this, by July they'll say we'll get it in the year 2068.

Stop rambling and just read official sources.

I recommend the daily briefing fron the CCSA via the PR THAI GOVERNMENT Facebook page.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2021 at 8:35 PM, hotandsticky said:

You will have to search that for yourself, but - trust me - it is being given to the 60+ group.

There ya go, easy to Google:-

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2112127/sinovac-gets-nod-for-over-60s

Thanks for the link.

Copied txt from the post "The approval came despite the World Health Organization reporting on Wednesday that an independent assessment came away with only a "low level of confidence" in the quality of evidence that the risk of serious adverse effects was low for adults above 60. The same study did, however, back Sinovac claims that two doses of the vaccine are effective in safely preventing transmission in other age groups."