possible to book for 1st July Phuket sandbox

2 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

If it is going ahead, what is there to book besides a flight ?

The only difference in theory will be not booking an ASQ hotel. 

Still no embassy listing Phuket as an option. Currently its a no go 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, madmen said:

Yes that's right. I imagine if it is going ahead there will be a CoE for a Phuket destination and a CoE for elsewhere in Thailand. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, madmen said:

I doubt that any country would single out Phuket as a permissable destination not requiring quarantine of sorts on return.  It would have to be Thailand as a whole.

After JULY 1st YES<  

well at least its YES if you ask today,

ask again in a week an who knows

2 shots  ( Unless u have had the 1 shot J & J that are between 14 days and 3 months) and a negative test, that all you need do is remain on the island 7 days and after that ur free to travel.

Currently weekly flights via Singapore

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

That is not correct at this time. It is 14 days for everybody now.

never said it was, i said AFTER july 1st

After JULY 1st YES<  

I believed is not as simple as Vaccinated tourist are allowed to stay freely for 7 days in Phuket before heading to other destinations in Thailand (should they wish to).....it was proposed that this so called "sandbox" scheme meant Vaccinated tourist join a 7 day tour package costing at least 150,000 Baht (include flight, hotel, meals, tours to restricted areas for 7 days) before being released freely.....I Really hope that is not the true meaning of so called 'sandbox" scheme.....We will have to wait for official announcement 

• Haha 1

When I hear about the Phuket Sandbox Model I imagine the following:

- Everyone on Phuket is already vaccinated

- Foreign arrivals have be be vaccinated and take direct flights to Phuket

- Foreign arrivals can book any hotel for a reasonable cost and travel the island.

- Foreign arrivals can’t leave the island for 7 days.

- A check point on the bridge checks the date of arrival etc before being permitted to leave the island

- Or, foreigners can only leave the island via flight

What the Phuket Sandbox Model appears to be:

- A 150,000 baht to 200,000 baht money grab

- Foreign arrivals have to be vaccinated and take direct flights to Phuket

- Foreign arrivals have to remain within specific ASQ resorts at inflated prices

Personally - I’ll quarantine for a week at a regular ASQ in Bangkok for 30-40,0000 baht rather than waste so much. Hopefully within the next month or so the quarantine duration will be once again reduced to 7 days for vaccinated arrivals. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

When I hear about the Phuket Sandbox Model I imagine the following:

- Everyone on Phuket is already vaccinated

- Foreign arrivals have be be vaccinated and take direct flights to Phuket

- Foreign arrivals can book any hotel for a reasonable cost and travel the island.

- Foreign arrivals can’t leave the island for 7 days.

- A check point on the bridge checks the date of arrival etc before being permitted to leave the island

- Or, foreigners can only leave the island via flight

- Foreign arrivals have to remain within specific ASQ resorts at inflated prices

Personally - I’ll quarantine for a week at a regular ASQ in Bangkok for 30-40,0000 baht rather than waste so much. Hopefully within the next month or so the quarantine duration will be once again reduced to 7 days for vaccinated arrivals. 

Eat in your hotel room.

Drink only water.

Don't talk to anyone.

Do not dare to go out for a meal or a drink.

Do not go to the beach.

Book your private Grab driver to bring your daily 7/11 meal.

14 days over, get out of here. Bye bye, thanks for your money.

7 hours ago, madmen said:

There are many things to consider.. It is not only the asq that will be waived. It could also possibly be no requirement for a pre covid test. Also the fit to fly paper should be of no meaning...

Covid insurance for most people is included in the normal travel insurance yearly people have from their home country, but not before its own country lift travel restrictions on that country.

Is a digital doctors print out that you had a vaccine enough or do they require a verifiable vaccine passport that does not exist? There are still tons of question, but I suspect they will be answered by 1. June IF they are still sandboxing Phuket which its seems they will.

Edited by paahlman

3 minutes ago, paahlman said:

There are many things to consider.. It is not only the asq that will be waived. It could also possibly be no requirement for a pre covid test. Also the fit to fly paper should be of no meaning...

Covid insurance for most people is included in the normal travel insurance yearly people have from their home country, but not before its own country lift travel restrictions on that country.

Is a digital doctors print out that you had a vaccine enough or do they require a verifiable vaccine passport that does not exist? There are still tons of question, but I suspect they will be answered by 1. June IF they are still sandboxing Phuket which its seems they will.

@ 150 TO 200K Per 7 day tourist package you won't need any of the above .. Just stupidly deep pockets 

richard_smith237

https://forum.thaivisa.com/profile/22569-richard_smith237/

This is wrong.  Please name your source or stop posting nonsense speculation

2 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

Sandbox.

What a stupid name.

Agreed. Some idiot nephew probably came up with this?

I've been lectured that this is in reference to the IT usage, and not the most infectious spot for children in the playground...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandbox_(software_development)

Be nice if the regime "sandboxed" their "apps" before releasing them...90-day, TM30, Vaccine reg., et al.

22 minutes ago, stuarty said:

richard_smith237

https://forum.thaivisa.com/profile/22569-richard_smith237/

This is wrong.  Please name your source or stop posting nonsense speculation

You are quite correct. My comments were ’speculation’

<< Quote myself "The Phuket Sandbox model appears to be” >>

On a website designed for discussion (which involves speculation) can YOU answer any of the following ???

1) How much will it cost ????

2) Will the Phuket Sandbox model also be viable for non-vaccinated foreigners ?

3) How will foreign arrivals get to Phuket ? (will they be permitted to transit and take regular domestic flights to Phuket)

4) Will the ’sandbox’ quarantee’s be permitted outside of the resorts ?

IF you don’t want discussion, read the news and not a forum designed specifically discussion, opinions, speculation etc...

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 2

As it can be cancelled anytime, don't book a flight without free re-scheduling within a year or so.

Other than that, we shall wait and see.

I am planning to use the Phuket Sandbox to visit my family in Europe and coming back without 14 ASQ.

14 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You are quite correct. My comments were ’speculation’

<< Quote myself "The Phuket Sandbox model appears to be” >>

On a website designed for discussion (which involves speculation) can YOU answer any of the following ???

1) How much will it cost ????

2) Will the Phuket Sandbox model also be viable for non-vaccinated foreigners ?

3) How will foreign arrivals get to Phuket ? (will they be permitted to transit and take regular domestic flights to Phuket)

4) Will the ’sandbox’ quarantee’s be permitted outside of the resorts ?

IF you don’t want discussion, read the news and not a forum designed specifically discussion, opinions, speculation etc...

Keep your hair on mate. If you say it "appears" to be, that implies that your posting is based on information gleaned from a source. If it's only speculation you would be better to say it "could" be, or "is likely" to be.

My answers to your 4 questions are as follows:

1 Don't know

2 Doubt it

3 The transit option via a secure terminal in BKK has been suggested in an article in some national press as a likely option, if insufficient direct international flights to Phuket.

4 There is no quarantine for vaccinated arrivals under the Phuket sandbox model

Edited by stuarty

I'm in a similar situation. I live in Phuket but I'm currently in the US seeing family and am now vaccinated. I'm scheduled to return to BKK in mid-June and do a 14 day quarantine, but if somehow the July 1 Phuket thing happens, I'd cancel my ASQ, change my flight and land in Phuket on July 1.

Currently in the COE application process you must provide proof of your ASQ booking - which you won't need for Phuket. Thai officials are making it impossible for people to begin to organize a quarantine free trip to Phuket on July 1. If they really expect people to come by then, they SHOULD organize the rules and process by mid-June.

• Like 1