Thailand reports daily record of 35 new COVID-19 deaths, 2,473 cases

webfact

Private Sector Calls for Rapid COVID Vaccination

Sanan Angubolkul, chairman of the Board of Trade of Thailand, said that the National Economic and Social Development Council announced a 2.6% decline in the GDP in the first quarter of 2021 and the Thai Chamber of Commerce predicted that the GDP would continue to fall in the second quarter because the COVID-19 situation remained critical.

He said that in June the government would import considerable doses of COVID-19 vaccines and all parties would distribute them and encourage people to receive vaccination. That would have positive impacts on confidence in the Thai economy.

Mr Sanan proposed the government offer COVID-19 vaccines to the risk groups of people who play important roles in driving the economy. He cited taxi drivers, food deliverymen, people in crowded communities, construction workers at camps and workers at industrial estates.

More:

https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-698659

Interesting article in today's Thai Enquirer 'Opinion: Never fall for the ‘good people’ lie again'.

Wont post here due to not related to Covid-19.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The rolling seven-day averages of new daily COVID cases and deaths in Thailand both reached record highs in the latest update through May 16.

The daily average of COVID cases exceeded 2,581, largely spurred by the recent spate of COVID infections among more than 11,000 prison inmates, while the average of daily deaths exceeded 27, not including the record high 35 new COVID deaths reported today.

The rolling seven-day averages of COVID cases and deaths are used by many public health authorities to assess how COVID outbreaks are faring, since the averages tend to even out daily fluctuations.

05-21-21a.jpg.ead3774bd1071a8801a2de5a91df499f.jpg

05-21-21b.jpg.a724f579e5b9a929acd8d63242ceb18f.jpg

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus/country/thailand?country=~THA#what-is-the-daily-number-of-confirmed-cases

In general, I apreciate your comments very much. But concerning this here, I cannot agree. The reason? Very simple: all your numbers contain an "IF", if they are trustworthy and reliable. In different words, if they are not manipulated (by orders of the so called government). I have a special justified reason to think this way, but I cannot talk about this here.

2 minutes ago, anchadian said:

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1394505537375678470

Starting from 31st May, people aged between 18-59 will be able to book vaccination appointments by using the Mor Prom app, LINE chat, or at their local hospitals #ThaiNewsReports #Thailand

Well that's good, if it happens, so I assume then that those over 59 are considered of no use to the nation and may just as well die considering they are in the most "at risk" age category.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

More:

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40001010

There is no need to impose a lockdown in Bangkok as most of the Covid-19 cases discovered in the city have mild symptoms, Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said

He was speaking after attending a meeting on the Covid-19 situation and allocation of vaccines with Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha on Monday.

Anutin said the spread of the virus in prisons and construction sites can be contained by closing the areas and setting up field hospitals inside to treat patients based on their symptoms.

He said 70 per cent of Covid-19 patients in the country had mild symptoms, 20 per cent were at risk due to chronic conditions, while 10 per cent had developed severe symptoms.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The BMA in Bangkok says they are tracking 28 COVID outbreak clusters in 19 districts within the nation's capital, largely centered in the central and southern Bangkok areas.

The clusters include eight local communities, eight markets, one prison complex, seven workplaces, and four worker housing complexes.

The areas include Din Daeng, Ratchathewi, Bang Kapi, Dusit, Khlong Toei, Lak Si, Phra Nakhon, Prawet, Bangrak, Sathorn, Watthana, Suan Luang and Chatuchak. And new clusters in a Bangkok Noi area market and a Huai Khwang community.

1391592575_BKKClusters05-18-21.thumb.jpg.1c20a95511a651f0471b34079c290d6c.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/earthpongsakornk/posts/524151892328044

Sukhumvit is looking relative good amist all the carnage.

IMG-20210518-WA0000.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Science was never his strong point, mild cases still pass on infections and let the virus grow.

Anutin further stated “The government will also allocate vaccines for patients inside prisons'.

That suggests to me that all those infected patients will receive the vaccine?

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Pattaya Restaurant Busted for Selling Liquors

https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-698708

Authorities arrested 20 people for the consumption of alcoholic beverages at a restaurant despite a ban. 

@TNAMCOT

gQoBnjBg?format=jpg&name=medium

I see the party on crowd still is doing what they want and not helping to control the outbreak.  Guess they are tired of the BS and if meant to die they want to go by getting their drink on in a location of their choosing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Three centres set up in Bangkok to screen COVID-19 cases before hospitalization

Screening of new COVID-19 infections in Bangkok, to determine where they will be sent for treatment, will now be conducted at three triage or pre-admission centres, each to be responsible for cases in three different zones.

Deputy Public Health Minister Sathit Pitutecha said yesterday (Monday) that the Bussarakum Hospital will be in charge of COVID-19 cases in northern Bangkok, the Nimibutr national sports stadium will take care of the new cases in central Bangkok and the Bang Khun Thian Geriatric Hospital will take care of the rest of the capital.

The separation of areas of responsibility for the triage centres was decided at a meeting of the advisory committee of the Centre of COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) yesterday. Among the advisors attending the meeting were Clinical Professor Dr. Piyasakol Sakolsatayadorn and Dr. Somsak Akkasilp, director-general of the Department of Medical Services.

More:

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/three-centres-set-up-in-bangkok-to-screen-covid-19-cases-before-hospitalization/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Lets keep watching this if the numbers of vaccinations per day don't rise we know they are full of B.S. I would say that there is enough Shinovac right now

The problem, even now, is the lack of nurses to give the injections. So I think that will be the limiting factor, and not the actual number of doses or the number of people turning up to be vaccinated. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Amazing isn't it, only 2 days ago they said they were set to open all schools on the 17th May even in red zones which would have been a disaster of course. Now the suddenly see their error. Are they actually starting to take notice of their health experts or did basic commonsense suddenly touch them?

I received an e mail today to say that international schools are allowed to open in Phuket. Not sure if that will apply to Thai schools or if Thai schools are on normal holidays anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Excel said:

Well that's good, if it happens, so I assume then that those over 59 are considered of no use to the nation and may just as well die considering they are in the most "at risk" age category.

So far they have been vaccinating the over 60’s and i think in their minds that is now done and dusted. So it’s on to the under 60’s.

But I know of quite a few over 60’s yet to have an appointment for vaccination, starting with my mother in law. 

also, 18 years to 60 years is a huge age range. I would have thought 50 to 60 and then 40 to 50 and so on. But if you’re not going to be rigorous in ensuring that each at range has been fully vaccinated, then I suppose just open all the flood gates and get jabbing.

all in all, I have a suspicion that the authorities would like to boast about the top line number of how many people have been vaccinated. For that age and health risk is of no importance whatsoever.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

With passport number or still need a Thai ID number?

Changes daily.

I would wait for the English language app which will require your passport.  Coming soon?

• Like 1

UPDATE: On entering Phuket, if you cannot show a vaccination certificate or a Covid-free certificate dated no older than 72 hours from time of departure, you will need to do a 14-day supervised quarantine. Please note, land border only open 8:30am-8:30pm #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1394522421542023172

• Like 1

Of the active cases(42,988) there is a reduction of 76 in a serious condition and 16 on ventilators.

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1394527167598395394

Since 1st April, there have been 84,692 cases (+2,473) & 55 deaths (+35). There are now 42,988 patients in care. 1,150 are in a serious condition and 384 are on ventilators. Yesterday, 38,332 people received their first dose of vaccine and 38,355 their second dose #Thailand

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 2

Today there are 35 deaths in #Thailand: 17 males and 18 females Median age is 68 (2 months-93 years)

Most deaths in:

Bangkok (16)

,Chiang Rai (2)

Songkhla (2) and

Samut Prakan (2)

13 other provinces had one death each.

20 infected from family members

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1394528993571852288

• Like 2