Live NetTV problems

Lloydyboy

I've been using Live NetTV on my Android box and Android phone for the last 6 months. In the last coulpe of days, the Android box deleted the app automatically, and again after installing the latest apk from their site. Today I got a message on my phone from Google Play Protect saying "This app is fake. It tries to take over your device or steal your data"

<deleted>, anyone else having this problem?

Screenshot_2021-05-18-09-17-01-61.thumb.png.b80434d5d0e109b31b73ff4355666d97.png

Maybe now you realise that when you get something free, that you are the product, or did you really think they spent all that money on servers and maintenance, because they are charity and want complete strangers to have free TV?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Lloydyboy said:

The same as this forum then? I'ts paid for by advertising, the same as all the other FTA TV channels around the world. But thanks for you un-constructive comment.

My question was aimed at those who are using the sevice and if they are experiancing the same problem.

I happen to know a bit more than you about how this works, and LivenetTV specifically, as it is my job.

My guess is that you don't even know there are 2 LivenetTV  apps.

I could even tell you how to work around it, but you know better, so keep sharing your data and have some data miners nested in the firmware of your device

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Lloydyboy said:

The same as this forum then? I'ts paid for by advertising, the same as all the other FTA TV channels around the world. But thanks for you un-constructive comment.

My question was aimed at those who are using the sevice and if they are experiancing the same problem.

Why not ask the developers? They have Telegram and email channels.

2 minutes ago, Soapy 100 said:

lloydyboy 

my livenet went missing for a day or two 

I downloaded and installed version 4.8.3

delete the old version and install 4.8.3 

should be ok then

Thanks Soapy, the first intelligent reply to address the problem. I have just done the same, (upgraded to 4.8.3) and all working on both devices. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

And one of them could be "fake" as the message clearly says?

The problem with these free Live TV apps is that you connect to their server, in contrast with the free movie or tv show apps which use scrapers to find the sources, which are third party servers.

When you connect to their server, they can send you whatever they want, without you knowing.

You can get some more info here.

https://phys.org/news/2018-08-hackers-smartphones-cryptocurrencies.html

I sell Android boxes, and have had quite a few lately, which I had to fix because they had data miners nested in their firmware.

You don't know as it is invisible, but it uses all your internet data and RAM, as they use your device to mine crypto's or in DDoS attacks

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Lloydyboy said:

Thanks Soapy, the first intelligent reply to address the problem. I have just done the same, (upgraded to 4.8.3) and all working on both devices. 

The first? Remember that you told us that you had downloaded the latest apk

I directed you to contact the developers if there was a problem with the latest apk

https://www.livenettv.bz has contact to the developers and the latest: 4.8.3

Selective reading I guess.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

You have to go into your settings and turn off Google Play Protect. It is being applied very strictly to anything Google doesn't like. But you have to be careful of what apps you download. Like the guy who lost all his BTC because he downloaded a dodgy app.

Edited by phetphet

15 hours ago, Lloydyboy said:

I've been using Live NetTV on my Android box and Android phone for the last 6 months. In the last coulpe of days, the Android box deleted the app automatically, and again after installing the latest apk from their site. Today I got a message on my phone from Google Play Protect saying "This app is fake. It tries to take over your device or steal your data"

<deleted>, anyone else having this problem?

My Live Net TV also disappeared a few days ago and I had to download the APK again, similar to yourself, although no message from Google Play Protect.  I've now got the same thing happened with UK Turks but this time the apk downloads but won't install.

Is anyone else having the same problem or have any suggestions for this?

• 2 months later...