Post Your Ride

3 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

My first car. The big advantage was that is was a big car and after that any other car seemed like a go-kart. ???? 

In Thailand I don't have a car and don't want a car. 99% I ride my own motorcycles and seldom I use a taxi - no hassle with parking, etc.

173416739_FordConsulCoupe.jpg.37d0810e7fafc1fa9546e9524d72e403.jpg

Reminds me of car chases in 70s cop movies.

Is it an early Capri?

UK and abroad too many to mention, the most unusual one I've own would be The Standard Ensign De-Luxe with a 2138cc 4pot engine. 

In Thailand we have 4 bikes now had a Vigo,  Yaris 1•5, Honda City, Isuzu truck with is the last I will have. 

IMG_20190830_142207.thumb.jpg.5dfb58afa2d3098379de3e3867e9b489.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Probably the best car I ever owned. This was reliable, super fast, built like a tank, Cruise control, sooo comfortable leather interior. Loved it !

images (18) (1).jpeg

I had something similar - 240 or 440 - something like that?

2 minutes ago, steve187 said:

i had a 2.0 and a 3.0 litre one of these in the 80's, in the 90's i had a 2.8 injection

jps capri.jpg

Not many 3.0s or 2.8i left - on account of them not going round corners so well - never did figure out which was more powerful - the 3 or the 2.8i - but beasts of cars at the time.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

Not many 3.0s or 2.8i left - on account of them not going round corners so well - never did figure out which was more powerful - the 3 or the 2.8i - but beasts of cars at the time.

the 2.8i was so fast i got where i was going before i left, i think good for about 125mph, 3.0 about 120mph,

during the 80's i drove lots of fast cars legally at very fast speeds one of the fastest was a vauxhall senator 132mph true speed.

Edited by steve187

50 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

My first after passing test in 1966.

Had a full width front bench seat and a column shift, so rumpy pumpy in the front was easy.

I then progressed onto a 6 cylinder Velox, YTD 313. Insurance was £6 a year, fully comp!

Wyvern.jpg

did you keep it? Must be worth something now...

2 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

did you keep it? Must be worth something now...

I wish! They were rust boxes anyway. The stainless flutes on the bonnet were probably the strongest part.

1 hour ago, steve187 said:

the 2.8i was so fast i got where i was going before i left, i think good for about 125mph, 3.0 about 120mph,

during the 80's i drove lots of fast cars legally at very fast speeds one of the fastest was a vauxhall senator 132mph true speed.

You never had trouble handling it? It was always rumoured to only be good in a straight line

48 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Later in Thailand...

Motorbike-Vietnam-2.jpg

Your not far off actually, my first mode of transport was a Suzuki Crystal ! If you zoom in on the first image I posted its in the right corner !..... We still have it ! (Doesnt run now though)

images (18) (4).jpeg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Saying what you said, you remind me that I would kinda joke with my youngest daughter in the UK when she was going out and getting into someone's else's car other than her own.

She would answer Dad don't worry you will only find me in the backseat of a Ferrari. ????

Last passion wagon I had was living in Knoxville, TN - the company I was working for gave me one of these:

1985ChevroletAstro02-crop.jpg

Chevy Astro - took the thing all over Tennessee, North Carolina and others. Was a hoot.

25 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

Last passion wagon I had was living in Knoxville, TN - the company I was working for gave me one of these:

1985ChevroletAstro02-crop.jpg

Chevy Astro - took the thing all over Tennessee, North Carolina and others. Was a hoot.

My last company van was a Mercedes Vito diesel have pix somewhere, good vehicle. 

Motorbikes in the back was my thing. ????

• Like 1