Post Your Ride

6 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

I was more thinking of getting adopted myself to be honest...

PM me the latest picture of your lady. Without any make-up, full picture, not just face and I will let you know, if I take her over.

BTW, are you Portugues, Brazilian? (Pedro).

11 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

I wait for a reply from Pedro if he would like to adopt me.

In case the answer is NO, I will get in touch with you and we can intensify our future talks.

I'm around your age but don't mind to have a step-father the same age.

Can you drive a tractor?

• Haha 2

On 5/18/2021 at 7:56 AM, steve187 said:

the 2.8i was so fast i got where i was going before i left, i think good for about 125mph, 3.0 about 120mph,

during the 80's i drove lots of fast cars legally at very fast speeds one of the fastest was a vauxhall senator 132mph true speed.

I had a 2.8 Injection Capri. It was faster than the 3.0 Litre Version.

Figures & Specs Summary:

• Year: 1981 | Type: Coupe
  • Engine: 2792 cc (170.3 ci) 12 Valve
  • Engine Formation: V6
  • Drive: RWD | Engine Location: F
  • Aspiration: N/A
  • Fuel Type: Petrol
  • Transmission: 5 speed/ Manual
  • Power: 160 bhp (119 kW) @ 5700 rpm
  • Kerbweight: 1190 kgs (2623 lbs)
  • Top Speed: 129 mph (207.6 kph)
  • 0-60 mph (96.6 kph): 7.9 secs
  • 0-100 kph (0-62 mph): 8.2 secs

The back end was very light so easy to crash to novice drivers!

image.jpeg.cb119d9a4243d0e666aca2dc534c8267.jpeg

The fastest car I ever had was a 1998 BMW M3 evolution.

0-60 mph  5.6  seconds

Top Speed (Limited by chip in the UK)  155mph

Unchipped 175 mph

image.jpeg.a26c6bf17d63539217da2a75dcb47e5d.jpeg

Edited by Mario666
Update

Saab 9-5 Aero

I had a Saab 9-5 and a Saab 9-5 Aero, and they were both very fast and comfortable cars, however the battery in the Aero (a brand-new car) decided to split and leak acid all over the engine compartment and the engine, and when I took it back to the distributor they decided that several parts of the engine and the subframe needed to be replaced!!!!!

So they lent me another Saab to drive around, but I waited for nearly 3 months and still the spare parts had not arrived in NZ and the distributor kept making excuses, and eventually when I complained yet again, the owner of the distributorship called me into the office and suggested I might want to look at buying another car as a replacement, because they were having problems with Saab (I believe it was about the time that GM stuffed it up completely).

So I bought an Audi V6 Quattro with a minor cash adjustment, but never did like the car and sold it after about a year.

Overall my original 9-5 Saab was a beautiful car and I remember taking it to a garage for its warrant of fitness, and the mechanic came up to me afterwards and said that I had bought an absolutely wonderful car – – quite why I changed it for the Aero is beyond me now!!!!

Such a pity that they went out of business, but that's what happens when a large company like GM decides that it wants to use the platform developed by Saab, takes the company over, makes an inferior product and then ceases manufacturing.

• Thanks 1

1994 Mitsu 3000 GT VR4 - last car before I headed to the Arctic.

Insurance company told me "One more speeding ticket and we will cut you off"

Fastest car I ever owned. Engine rebuilt by Mitsu fanatic in YVR.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/classic-cars/videos/a27885/1994-mitsubishi-3000gt-vr4-motorweek/

mit.jpg

Edited by canthai55
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, josthomz said:

Haha, that is one of the best stories involving a Robin I've ever heard!!!

I've got another one for you............... 

Quite a few guys in my town in Sussex worked about seven or 8 miles away at a brickworks, and it was quite usual to see the cars heading towards work between seven and 7:30 AM in the morning.

One of the guys I knew, an old bricklayer named Fred, had bought a brand-new red Reliant Robin, and as I was gingerly making my way along the road one morning, because we had a frost overnight and it was a little icy, I noticed some pieces of red something or another scattered around a part of the road in which there was a bend, and just a few metres back from it was an old stone wall, so I stopped to have a look.

And I noticed what was left of a chassis, complete with seat and steering wheel intact resting against the wall and I ascertained it was the Reliant Robin which belonged to Fred.

I had no idea what happened until I got to work and heard the full story: – apparently Fred came round the bend in his little three wheeler and lost control of it in the icy weather, skidded off the road, across a little grass verge and smashed into the wall, and when a car following actually stopped to help, they described how they saw Fred still sitting on the seat, on the chassis when everything else around him had disintegrated, and said it was a sort of thing you would see in a comedy show.

The car was a complete write-off because there was nothing left of it apart from the chassis. I know I shouldn't make fun of it, but the picture of Fred sitting there, absolutely bemused and bewildered at what was left of his brand-new Reliant did bring a lot of smirks, and it was lucky he wasn't injured, just shaken.

I remember speaking to someone about how very little protection one had in a car like this in the event of an accident, and their reply was that the whole thing was meant to disintegrate and fall away, so that the occupant wasn't injured – – whether that was true or not I never found out.

• Thanks 1

On 5/18/2021 at 2:24 PM, KannikaP said:

My first after passing test in 1966.

Had a full width front bench seat and a column shift, so rumpy pumpy in the front was easy.

I then progressed onto a 6 cylinder Velox, YTD 313. Insurance was £6 a year, fully comp!

Wyvern.jpg

I had one of those back in the day 

Good fun  ????

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

PS - none of the pics above are mine - lost all my possessions in a house fire started by my drunken neighbor when I was at a Led Zeppelin concert.

lol! Rock & Roll!

Great cars though... 

46 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Off topic post removed.

To clarify for some, "post your ride" does not mean the wife/gf !

lololol

I guess "motoring forum" didn't give it away.

Don't have any pictures but:

1. '53 Ford F-100 (272 V8)

2. '63 Chevy II coupe (194 I6)

3. '74 Chevy C-30 (350 V8)

4. '67 Chevy van (? I6)

5. '72 Buick Electra 225 (big-block V8)

6. '69 GMC MH9500 & semi-trailer (6-71 Detroit)

7. '73 Buick Electra 225 (big-block V8)

8. '73 Buick Centurion (455 V8) 

9. '89 Ford Festiva (? I4)

10. '85 Toyota van

11.  Toyota FX16 (16-valve I4)

13. GMC Sierra (327 V8)

14. Toyota Tiger (3l I4) Co. Car

15. Isuzu D-Max (3l I4) Co. Car

16. Isuzu D-Max (3l I4) Co. Car

17. Isuzu D-Max (3l I4) Co. Car

18. Toyota Fortuner (2.8l I4) 

#1 taught me the most, #8 was the nicest, #11 was the most fun to drive hard, #13 was the nicest pick-up. #9 was the cheapest overall, #3 I had the longest at about ten years)

Here's my full list of cars I ever owned (in the order I got them).

1996 Audi A6 2.3L (Thailand)

2003 Mercedes C180 coupe (Australia)

2009 Mercedes E280 CDI (Australia)

2011 Toyota Fortuner 3.0 4WD (Thailand)

2011 Mercedes CLS 250 CDI (Thailand)

2014 Mercedes E200 Cabriolet (Australia)

2011 Audi A5 Cabriolet 3.0 TDI (Australia)

2007 Bentley Continental Flying Spur (Australia)

2018 Mercedes E220 All Terrain (Australia)

2014 Mercedes S400h (Thailand)

2021 Toyota Fortuner 2.4 4WD (Thailand)

And here's the Fortuner and S400h. The S400h is for bring chauffeured while I when self-drive I prefer the Fortuner.

spacer.png

Edited by wprime
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Without question, the best vehicle on the planet....

Absolutely! One employer paid everything for 12 years, including all fuel with an All Star card. No insurance hassles or road tax to pay, free servicing ............. New car every year.

Only downside is Ford Mondeo and Orion were not very exciting. Did once get a 2 litre Focus Ghia which was a great car.