Post Your Ride

10 minutes ago, Saltire said:

Absolutely! One employer paid everything for 12 years, including all fuel with an All Star card. No insurance hassles or road tax to pay, free servicing ............. New car every year.

Only downside is Ford Mondeo and Orion were not very exciting. Did once get a 2 litre Focus Ghia which was a great car.

Free everything, even washes!

I was limited to pick-ups, but could get any one I wanted, and only new every three years.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2021 at 2:24 PM, KannikaP said:

My first after passing test in 1966.

Had a full width front bench seat and a column shift, so rumpy pumpy in the front was easy.

I then progressed onto a 6 cylinder Velox, YTD 313. Insurance was £6 a year, fully comp!

Wyvern.jpg

This has reminded me, that for some reason the one I had was left hand drive and the spedo was in KPH

Great for cruising, chatting to girls strolling on the pavement and "wowing" them by doing a TON. (100mph)

This was in the days before all the European stuff and very few people knew a TON was only about 60mph.

Pity we had to grow up   whistle.gif..gif.15a6bb3c85f17ad7a7f4b49661020e9b.gif

Edited by Daffy D
  • Haha 1

On 5/20/2021 at 1:48 PM, Daffy D said:

Great for cruising, chatting to girls strolling on the pavement and "wowing" them by doing a TON. (100mph)

This was in the days before all the European stuff and very few people knew a TON was only about 60mph.

Yes, no standard Velox ever did the (mph) ton until, maybe, the last 3.3l PB.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, pedro01 said:

Went out last night with the top down. Took my 11 year old for a spin with it down too. It's nice in the evenings. 

Topless1.jpg.5abff68949ff050c8d9cce8e233eb28c.jpgTopless2.jpg.cccbab8bf3493ca6bab8260395b157f3.jpg

Was waiting for hours outside, hoping to see you.

Well, never mind. Another day, another evening. Will soon get out again.

On 5/20/2021 at 12:18 PM, kwonitoy said:

First car I bought myself, 1969 Beaumont, @CanThaishould recognize the model as a fellow Canuk.

350/350 HP stock from the factory. When I started making decent money in construction it all went into the car of course

659063-bigthumbnail.jpg

Those lines again - there's been a few cars posted - old coupe's (and some 4 doors) - with that long bonnet and sloping roof. It's a timeless look IMO - would love to have something like that for rolling around on a Sunday in.

• Like 1

I remember at one time I had one of these:-

128299354_ArmstrongSiddeley(1952-1960).jpg.7f0025d9d44e02c16c16b959ae81b0a2.jpg

Poor mans Roller but pretty impressive non the less.

Took it round Silverstone on Track day one time. 

It was never the same again after that.  ????

• Like 1

Just now, Daffy D said:

I remember at one time I had one of these:-

128299354_ArmstrongSiddeley(1952-1960).jpg.7f0025d9d44e02c16c16b959ae81b0a2.jpg

Poor mans Roller but pretty impressive non the less.

Took it round Silverstone on Track day one time. 

It was never the same again after that.  ????

lololol @ that last line....

She is a beauty

• Like 1

On 5/18/2021 at 1:10 PM, CharlieH said:

My first car, MG 1100, I was 17, paid £110  saved from my job working part time in a Butchers !

.pending-1621922895-images (17).jpeg

1966 registration !!!! nice motor....my dad had morris 1100. which i learnt to drive in and passed my test in FIRST TIME !!!

• Sad 1

On 5/19/2021 at 6:09 PM, josthomz said:

You guys are making my day ????... Never thought a TVF Topic could turn out so fun

I guess one could say Reliant were pioneers in passive safety; apparently they invented "crumple zones".... 

Jeez what a car they were... 

they were NOT CARS.......motorbike engine with a frame around it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, josthomz said:

To be fair they were just.... "plastic pigs"

Calling it motorbike is an insult to the word motorbike 

It was really a motorbike for drunks

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Saltire said:

I traveled with a carnival back in the '70s & '80s and we used Honda three-wheel ATCs to pull wire. A lot of fun but they were real prone to rolling over.

28195452_bigred.jpg.f58a1a6484820fb407923200ebf29bee.jpg

So much so that I think they had to quit selling them.

1 minute ago, NaamGin said:

My current toy here in the Land of Smiles... 

I've been a gear head my entire life and it didn't stop when I moved to Thailand... 

27654474_1733147456736218_6556951000794350234_n.jpg

Noice. Which model?

1 minute ago, pedro01 said:

Noice. Which model?

Like most things in Thailand, it is not as it appears... The base car is a CLK240, but it has had the entire CLK63 Black body kit installed which was purchased from Benz in Germany... The hood (bonnet) is aftermarket as the factory CLK63 did not come with hood vents... The modifications were done by KJ Modify in Hat Yai... It also has the CLK63 exhaust, steering wheel and disc brakes... It handles really, really well, but as far as power, it won't pull a greased string out of a cat's <deleted>... I've been looking for an aftermarket turbo system, but no luck so far... My mechanic says we can yank the stock engine and put a 2JZ in it to get more power, but that's a bridge I don't want to cross for now... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, NaamGin said:

My current toy here in the Land of Smiles... 

I've been a gear head my entire life and it didn't stop when I moved to Thailand... 

27654474_1733147456736218_6556951000794350234_n.jpg

Is that the C 200 diesel?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NaamGin said:

Like most things in Thailand, it is not as it appears... The base car is a CLK240, but it has had the entire CLK63 Black body kit installed which was purchased from Benz in Germany... The hood (bonnet) is aftermarket as the factory CLK63 did not come with hood vents... The modifications were done by KJ Modify in Hat Yai... It also has the CLK63 exhaust, steering wheel and disc brakes... It handles really, really well, but as far as power, it won't pull a greased string out of a cat's <deleted>... I've been looking for an aftermarket turbo system, but no luck so far... My mechanic says we can yank the stock engine and put a 2JZ in it to get more power, but that's a bridge I don't want to cross for now... 

I wanted the Sierra Cosworth but was a bit short on "Baht".

I went for the Ka, full Cosworth conversion.

35496073-DF6F-4F5B-889B-1825A847D05F_4_5005_c.jpeg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NaamGin said:

Must confuse mechanics

One of 3 TR3 A 's I've owned during my 60 + years of holding a drivers licence, this one I had to part with prior to locating to LOS - very sad to see it being driven away .

793[1].jpg

• Like 1

On 5/20/2021 at 10:42 AM, Yellowtail said:

Without question, the best vehicle on the planet....

they certainly are better than your own personal car, they accelerate faster away from the lights, corner at higher speed, can brake a lot harder, will always handle rough dirt roads at higher speed,   cheap to run, insure and road tax is never a problem.   

• Like 1