Post Your Ride

This was my ride when weather is fine, Suzuki bking, 1300cc 180 hp.

However never tried what was her topspeed.

Once did 220 km/h but you really had to hold her tight otherwise you would be flying. 

20140329_163034.thumb.jpg.9aaa3c98d6af9e35b873ddb0c0fa1729.jpg

On 5/20/2021 at 8:59 AM, br12stol said:

2020 Volvo V60 T8 407bhp Hybrid and 2019 XC 40 R design, we like Volvo's  ????

179440310_3751455521589891_505465383255729513_n.jpeg

180019598_3751519508250159_5583090551399110174_n.jpeg

The V60 is still unrestricted if 2020 model, right? Latest ones are limited to 180 kmh. Spoilsports.

• Like 1

Scirocco.jpg.34646edd44e5b8086d91d6a0aebc00a1.jpg

Current ride. Love it. Just wish it was RWD or AWD like the Audi TT. Great car in general though. It's 10 years old now so not laden down with pointless electronic gizmos (hill start, lane keeping etc etc). Pretty much standard apart from an ECU re-map. Had it for 6 years. There's nothing else around that I can afford that I'd change it for (wouldn't mind a WRX but it's stupid money here). I've also got a CRV which is as comfortable as a La-Z-Boy and about as exciting.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, BKKBike09 said:

The V60 is still unrestricted if 2020 model, right? Latest ones are limited to 180 kmh. Spoilsports.

Yes is unrestricted. This was actually the display car at the BKK Motor Show when they were unveiled here in Thailand, it had a body Styling kit and 21 inch Wheels but I had the original wheels put back as they wanted 150k extra. Got a big discount on it though.

On 5/22/2021 at 2:45 PM, pedro01 said:

New rear diffuser, front lip and grill.

No more mods, just had the diffuser after backing into a wall and wanted the front end looking a little darker.

20210522_140737.jpg

20210522_132024.jpg

Nice looking car!  Thinking of getting a C43 or BMW 340i Xdrive next, how do the two engines compare as your Z4 pretty much has the same 6 in it?

3 hours ago, br12stol said:

Yes is unrestricted. This was actually the display car at the BKK Motor Show when they were unveiled here in Thailand, it had a body Styling kit and 21 inch Wheels but I had the original wheels put back as they wanted 150k extra. Got a big discount on it though.

Sweet. They're good cars. Well-built, too. Being made in Malaysia keeps the the tax down so the price here is pretty reasonable for what you get (2.3 mil for base model if I remember right). I went to look at one last year and was quite tempted but it's a bit big. I do like the XC40 Recharge fully electric but they're asking 2.6 million for it - if it was 2.2 I think I'd pull the trigger. So guess I'll keep the Scirocco for a while longer.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, br12stol said:

Nice looking car!  Thinking of getting a C43 or BMW 340i Xdrive next, how do the two engines compare as your Z4 pretty much has the same 6 in it?

Z4 has more grunt but it is 100's of kilos lighter - it's noisy, twitchy and angry - perfect really

I think the C43 is more refined.

Both are lovely cars - the 3's now are much more roomy than they were before but even though we have the Z4 M40i - I'd still go for C43 over the 340i as "the other car" - but that's based on looks, not driving as I didn't drive the 340i yet. C43 is a dream to drive though - but you need the paddles to change up/down if driving aggressively as the C43 gear change isn't brilliant.

Edited by pedro01
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/20/2021 at 10:23 AM, Saltire said:

This is my ride from when I was at university, though mine had a red stripe (painted myself from an aerosol can lol). Prior to that a mini 850 I built myself from 3 scrap minis, and Cooper S (at school).

After the vitesse it was a Vauxhall Chevette then about 25 years of company cars mostly Fords.

After the run of company cars I had a Ford Fiesta (to teach the wife), a Mazda 3, then when single again an MG TF, followed by  jaguar X type (loved it and chose it over  Benz and BMW test drives), finally a Freelander.

Now have a very boring Hilux pickup.

2081771508_Screenshot2021-05-20at10_03_09.png.7ec77a0877c791902aa6b466e983ea26.png

Memories. Once spent a cold, snowy, wintry night in a lay by in one of these after breaking down on the way back from Clacton to London. Three friends and I. No spare tyre, no heater, and no money. Bloody freezing with that canvas roof. Waited for daylight and hitch hiked home.

I remember, no bonnet, or hood for our US friends. The whole front was hinged and swung forwards to access the engine. You can see one of the locking clips on the wing behind the front wheel in the photo.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, phetphet said:

I remember, no bonnet, or hood for our US friends. The whole front was hinged and swung forwards to access the engine. You can see one of the locking clips on the wing behind the front wheel in the photo.

My Father and I built an all steel tilt front end for my 57 Chevy.

Used VW door hinges. Super easy to work on the engine

Also moved the door post back and made a 4 door into a 2 door.

Not my car but like the foto ...

tilt.jpg

Edited by canthai55
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Memories. Once spent a cold, snowy, wintry night in a lay by in one of these after breaking down on the way back from Clacton to London. Three friends and I. No spare tyre, no heater, and no money. Bloody freezing with that canvas roof. Waited for daylight and hitch hiked home.

Yes, it made working on it very easy, which is a bonus cos you had to work on it often!

Wish I had it now but sadly it fell apart underneath.

1 minute ago, Saltire said:

Yes, it made working on it very easy, which is a bonus cos you had to work on it often!

I seem to remember they were rust buckets. A good one would probably be worth quite a few quid nowadays.

22 minutes ago, Saltire said:

It really didn't need to be made easier. The engines were tiny, with about 4 moving parts. It's amazing how often they broke down.

Mind you, I could bump start a mini in my sleep

On 5/18/2021 at 1:31 PM, pedro01 said:
n 5/18/2021 at 1:27 PM, josthomz said:

Hasn’t anyone here had a Reliant Robin in the past? 

I think it would be perfect to hear a Reliant story ????

Yep, coz you could drive them on a M/c licence aged 16, and kept you out of the elements, I had the very early model. my mate had a Bond if you wanted reverse lift the bonnet put your leg inside and kick start, think it made engine run backwards 4 gears in reverse LOL. Drove a later Robin once from Sunderland to Surrey. 

12 hours ago, RAZZELL said:

Is it a real M Sport or just a badge?

RAZZ

Good question. I think the answer is somewhere in the middle.

There are 2 models of Z4, there is no M Sport, which is generally same engine size, slightly higher HP and different trim.

Standard Z4 is 2.0.

The Z4 M40i is 3.0 v6 twin turbo, 382hp and just 1300kg.

It's not M price, it's close to M performance but doesn't attract M taxes. 

• Like 1