"Vaccine Passport" for Thais - here's how it might look for foreigners

webfact

6pm.jpg

Image: Daily News

Daily News reported on how Thais would be able to get their so-called "Vaccine Passports" or more formally "International Vaccination Certificate".

It gives an indication of how the process may be for non-Thais.

They'd need to show proof they were travelling like an air ticket, their passport, proof of vaccination and pay 50 baht.

There are four places or kinds of places to apply to though they may need to register in advance. 

These are at international disease control Suvarnabhumi airport, the Bamrasnaradura Infectious Diseases Unit in Nonthaburi, the Urban Institute for Disease Prevention and Control in Bang Khen (northern Bangkok) or the department of disease control offices elsewhere. 

Times of application vary. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-05-18

Just now, timendres said:

Strange, since vaccine cards have been around a long while. Involved no imprisonment, just an inability to enter specific countries.

Nah, they always accepted bribes at the airport if you couldn't be bothered with the vaccines.

• Like 2

I don't get it.

The vaccine passport for Thai or Farang will be used for the exact same reason.

A Thai vaccine passport in Thai is useless for a Thai wanting to travel outside Thailand.

Why not just do a single vaccine passport - in Thai and English - issued at the same place.

• Like 1

Do we really need this, I mean, aren't the Thai's aiming for herd immunity by years end and then with all other countries having reached herd immunity, why bother with this at all.

I mean they are telling us all that once herd immunity is reached, it will be like a common flu/cold ? 

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, geistfunke said:

For the first time in human history, something like this is being introduced for influenza, which over 99% of all people can cure themselves without any problems or measures.

Cure? Cure? No cure for flu mate. I'm not sure if you're implying covid is like flu, either.

Edited by Scott Tracy
Spelling correcrion

29 minutes ago, Brock said:

There is nothing new in the International Vaccination Certificate, I have had one since 1972..

WHO has a project to update to digital with the input of an Estonian company that previously digitized health care in Estonia. That was months ago.