Thailand - UK - Thailand

Hi All,

I would like to ask for some opinions please.  Nothing is yet definite but your opinions will help me to make decisions.

Situation: - I would like to return to England for a visit in the very near future.  There have been 2 sudden deaths in the family within the last month and the family structure could do with some support.

My circumstances: - married to a Thai [long time], use the 400k in the bank method for annual extensions and have no problems.  Live in our own [well -  the wife's] house.  I am 70 years of age.

What I would like opinions on please is how long members think the whole process would take if I was to remain in England for 3 weeks.  By the 'whole process' I mean starting from scratch here in Thailand booking a flight etc. to stepping back onto Thai soil having gone through the proper steps in England for a return.

I fully accept that all I can ask for are opinions but I would be grateful to get them.

Thank you.

The only thing you need to do here is get a re-entry permit. Get a covid 19 test I think is still required to enter the UK and then leave on your flight.

Then start the certificate of entry application shortly after arriving in the UK. No problem then when the certificate of entry is approved to board your flight back to here. Easy to it within 3 weeks of arrival.

Hi

Further to the advice from Ubonjoe, please note yes, you need a Covid negative pcr resultk within 72 hours of your flight to the UK. As you are entering the UK from Thailand, an orange zone country by today's UK rating (updated regularly so keep checking), you will also need to have arranged, and have proof to show at check in before you fly to UK, two additional Covid tests in UK, one on day 2 after arrival and one around day 8. You will need to quarantine at home for 10 days in UK on arrival. All info below on UK requirements. The rest, I believe, Ubonjoe has given you.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england#amber-list

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rhacsyn said:

you will also need to have arranged, and have proof to show at check in before you fly to UK, two additional Covid tests in UK, one on day 2 after arrival and one around day 8. You will need to quarantine at home for 10 days in UK on arrival. All info below on UK requirements.

I believe this is the most important plus you have to show test are paid for, i.e. receipts needed  Airlines will check as they are now being fined if these forms are not correct

also note that on return you will have to quarantine, in an approved facility and at your own expense, for 14 days.

There is some talk that this may be reduced or lifted come October.  So you might want to consider staying in UK longer or making the trip a little later in the year. No guarantees, of course.

I too have pressing family reasons for a return home (US in my case). I'm planning a 2-3 month stay, return early September  if no sign they will life quarantine otherwise prolong it until I can go back without, or with shorter, quarantine.

Thank you all for your comments, links and advice.

I will be thinking things over and talking with family both here and in England before making any decisions but your comments have helped me in thinking this through.

Thanks once again.

Don't forget that in addition to the above, you will have to apply to the Thai Embassy in London for a C.O.E before you can return to Thailand.  I'm told that process has speeded up recently but if you're staying in the UK for 3 weeks, I'd do that as soon as you arrive to be on the safe side.

If you could extend your stay in England to 8 weeks, you could get your first shot of the covid vaccine as soon as you arrive and then your second one would be due 8 weeks later (the gap has recently been shortened for people of your age). As a vaccinated traveller you could then take advantage of the Phuket sandbox in July, thereby avoiding a costly and tedious stay in a quarantine hotel