Yamaha T Max 560 - any 1st hand experience?

MrJ

Hi,

considering to upgrade from my X Max 300 to the current T Max 560 and would like to get some experiences of T Max riders. Unfortunately in Pattaya there is no demo bike available and did not find the current model to rent for a day. Is it worth it? 500k is pretty heavy....

thanks

No first hand experience with the scooter, but considering that it's from Yamaha I doubt there are any major downsides.

If it's worth it depends on your riding profile. In case you only ride around town it's not worth it. For this purpose the XMAX is the better bike, because it's more nimble.

But if you should regularly do 300+ kilometer long trips it's probably a reasonable choice because it offers more comfort and the ride will be less tiring.

I do of course not know a date, but I think in the near future the Honda Forza 750 should be available in Thailand, might be an alternative you want to look at.

• Like 1

I find the Yamaha 560 extremely expensive for what you get.

You can get the Honda X-ADV for just over 400k, 750cc.

There is also the NC750X which is fairly cheap at about 350k baht, same engine as the X-ADV.

Both have auto transmission, so twist and go, engine is bullet prof, about same HP as the Yamaha but much bigger engine.

https://www.thaihonda.co.th/hondabigbike/motorcycle/adventure/x-adv

https://www.thaihonda.co.th/hondabigbike/motorcycle/adventure/nc750x-dct

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jackdd said:

I don't see it as "extremely" expensive. With the TMAX you get quite a few features that you don't get on the XADV: Cruise control, heated grips, heated seats, electrically adjustable windscreen, GPS tracking. It also has 3HP more and weighs 20kg less.

Yes extremely expensive.

You can get a 120hp Yamaha Tracer 900 with cruise control, adjustable suspension (on the fly) quick shifter up/down (2021 model) for that money.

The choice is not hard for me.

• Like 1

Thanks for the input, I know its just a luxurious toy, I do mainly city driving to/from work and occasionally weekend trips around town.....

but love the design and quality of the bike.....even financially unwise but you got only 1 life

I am very happy with the XMax but every few years need something new

5DF31F4C-4624-4E00-890E-D1F0245A9578.jpeg

0FFE7E35-69E5-4332-AD27-2BF242054F8E.jpeg

I've been driving Tmax since 2013 in Phuket and it is just excellent every time you drive it.

Yes it is big, yes it is expensive and yes you can get a "real" big bike for the price but I never regret my choice.

If you enjoy your Xmax, you will love the Tmax, especially the 560! it just take the experience to another level.

Go for it man, as you said, we live only one time.... apparently ????

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, jackdd said:

Considering that my big bike has cruise control, heated seats and heated grips, no I don't feel silly talking about it ????

I use cruise control on nearly every ride, definitely nice to have on a bike used for touring where you might just cruise longer stretches on the highway.

Heated seats and heated grips do of course depend on where you live. Before I had it I also thought what a waste in Thailand, but especially when making long trips in the north of Thailand it's also nice to have.

I might start a trip when it's 35ºC outside, and in the evening when heading back home I'm riding across some mountains where it's 15ºC. Or I get caught by rain somewhere, it can be really cold if you ride when soaking wet at 20ºC.

Sure, I could pack warm clothes, take a pair of warm gloves, pack a rain suit, and some rain gloves, and all this stuff. The heated grips and seats allow me to ride at varying temperatures with my standard gear. Having a rain suit would be better in rain, but with the heating options it's at least bearable even at lower temperatures.

Really, keeping your hand on the throttle is just soooo hard apparently. Give me a break.  JHC.

• Like 2

I looked at the T-Max last time I was in the BKK Yamaha showroom. I was quite surprised that my full face helmet wouldn't quite fit under the seat. It's belt drive unlike those chain-drive Hondas. I do think it's expensive but it's expensive in UK etc (no bikes are cheap these days ...)

I agree with premise: your money, you go for it if you like it. Maybe ring the BKK main showroom and see if you can test ride there?

I don't see heated seats much help on a bike in the tropics although my car has them and for anyone who has back pain, they're great! Cruise control on a bike in Thailand I think is a safety liability and I'd never use it. But again, that's just me.

If you buy it post a review when you've got some miles under your belt.

• Like 2

probably dont need heated set and grips, but electric adjustable windscreen, adjustable rear suspension paired with golden wheels and fork aretalking for the top "Tech Max" model.....

4 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Really, keeping your hand on the throttle is just soooo hard apparently. Give me a break.  JHC.

Cruise control is one of those things that you don't miss unless you have had it before.

If the longest ride you do is 20 minutes to Big C then cruise control is of course irrelevant anyway ????

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

Cruise control is one of those things that you don't miss unless you have had it before.

If the longest ride you do is 20 minutes to Big C then cruise control is of course irrelevant anyway ????

I never had a cruise control on a bike and I can't see it as a great help. On long rides I go fast and I think you should never take your hands off the handle bar for more than a couple of seconds.

• Like 1

Honda has a 75% market share for a reason here in Thailand.   Some 1.4 million sold every year. Compared to 200,000 something for Yamaha.  And Honda service shops everywhere.  But it looks like getting you off a Yamaha would be like getting me off my Honda. Waiting for my 2021 X ADV 750 to arrive in the next few weeks. 425,000 baht. Get what you want. Blenty of U Tube videos giving reviews on bikes like what you're looking for. Good luck. 

5 hours ago, jackdd said:

Never used cruise control in my car USA and darned sure wouldn't use it on a bike here in Thailand. That split second of decision making could make a world of difference.

If just tired of Xmax try Forza 350 or Burgman 400, it might keep you happy for a few more years....! ????

TMax long wheelbase is not very useful in city traffic and twisties, it will fly on the highway though...