July 1st BKK-USA-Phuket?

I'm thinking about flying back home to USA for the summer vacation (and get a vaccine boot!)
I live in Bangkok and I know I will still need a 2 week ASQ... but I read that as of July 1st Phuket will be quarantine free and I will just need to stay there 7 days before leaving. Anyone heard anything about the logistics? Will I need to fly direct to Phuket? Or can I transfer in BKK? 

• Haha 1

No one knows anything now.

But everything I've read on this matter over the past few days mentions a direct flight to Phuket (HKT) as being mandatory in the initial stages. A sanitary gateway at BKK, for the BKK-HKT flight (CIQ, Customs, Immigration, Quarantine) remember that acronym) has been mentioned for future use.

I think you could get an open-jaw, perhaps on Qatar Airways (QR) BKK-DOH-USA-DOH-HKT; I think QR plans to fly DOH-HKT, QR 840/841 - not sure if these are dailies, as of 1 July 2021.

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I think you could get an open-jaw, perhaps on Qatar Airways (QR) BKK-DOH-USA-DOH-HKT; I think QR plans to fly DOH-HKT, QR 840/841 - not sure if these are dailies, as of 1 July 2021.

Yes, currently being sold as daily flights.  Also a potential option with Emirates EK378/379 six days per week (no Sunday) from July 1st.

We're considering the same thing.  But need clarity as to how we'll get back into Thailand before making any commitments. 

Airfare is really cheap right now.  We found flights to Denver for $800!!!  RT with NO change fees.

1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

We're considering the same thing.  But need clarity as to how we'll get back into Thailand before making any commitments. 

Airfare is really cheap right now.  We found flights to Denver for $800!!!  RT with NO change fees.

Who's flying to DEN for $800 RT, please?

49 minutes ago, Bangkok Basha said:

I plugged BKK to DEN into Google Flights and 21,475 RT JAL and American.  28,760 ANA and United.  Plenty of flights in that price range.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bangkok Basha said:

Use Skyscanner.net or Kayak.com.  It also depends on what days you pick.  2 stops, Japan, then either Chicago or LAX.  I was looking at dates in July, back in November.