Beam & Purlin Spacing

stubuzz

When i eventually return, i want to change the car port roof from a "hip" to a slope as i want to tie it into the house roof. I will need to add new steel beams and purlins to use 760mm or 835mm wide steel sheets. Blue-scope recommend a 1.30m purlin spacing but don't mention beams. I think the total area covered will be 5x5m.

Any thoughts?

Hip roof.jpg

31 minutes ago, stubuzz said:

1.30m purlin spacing but don't mention beams. 

Metal sheeting usual rafter  space is 1•25 m but up 1•50 m is what done before now and it's been fine, depends on whether you're gonna get foot traffic.

Beams is what a rafter sits on that space depends on the depth of the rafter used. 

Edited by Kwasaki

This is my newly built 8 metre deep x 9 metre wide garage area with no centre pole.

Beams across are spaced 1 metre apart with the strengthened double beam mid way.

Lengthways they are 2.5 metres apart.

20210518_154122.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Farma said:

This is my newly built 8 metre deep x 9 metre wide garage area with no centre pole.

Beams across are spaced 1 metre apart with the strengthened double beam mid way.

Lengthways they are 2.5 metres apart.

What roofing sheets did you use and price m2?

Cant give you a price as it was included in the build price.

The roofing is PU FOAM. It seems to be delivered in the lengths you order. Those sheets were 10 metres long and come with about 3 cm aluminium covered insulation foam.