Blood pressure monitor recommendation?

ricklev

My Microlife monitor seems to have died today.  It's acting like the cuff is leaking and continues pumping without stopping. 

Anyway,  any suggestions for a cheap replacement.  I see some Chinese brands for 4-500 baht on Shoppee. 

I'm not strongly concerned about perfect accuracy.  I'm generally 130-140 over 90 or so, sometimes better and sometimes worse.  I just like to check occasionally.  

Thanks for reminding me, mine arrived today from Shoppe, 279 baht, mate has one and works fine, so am expecting this one to do the same.

If I am anything different 120/80 it won't be worth the 279 baht that I paid for it.

• Like 1

Recommend Omron, on Lazada between 1200 and 4500 baht in general, depending on model. If you wish to get something more fancy that will Bluetooth link with your phone and keep track, draw nice graphs, etc. you could as well go with more expensive Omron or Beurer model. Beurer overall is cheaper than Omron, and from my experience they are both roughly the same. Both also come with 5 year warranty. I bought mine from Lazada.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ricklev said:

I'm not strongly concerned about perfect accuracy.  I'm generally 130-140 over 90 or so, sometimes better and sometimes worse.  I just like to check occasionally.  

Just tried it.....122/80/79

I am usually around that give or take 117/79/78 or 120/80/79

Brand Sumato from Shoppee

• Like 1

I did not find those 300 baht units reliable at all.  Omron is far better IMHO and worth the extra cost.  It is really important to have a good record of blood pressure at home rather than allow doctors to treat what they see in hospital (most of us are sky high among the white coats - or the young nurses - or both).  

• Like 1