COVID-19 vaccination results in Thailand: Stronger immune system

snoop1130

There is a bit of twisting of the words when it comes to Sinovac, but at the end of the day, 65% vs 90%'s AZ, is better than nothing.

53 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Meanwhile, antibodies were detected in 124 out of 188 people, or 65.96 percent, three weeks after they received the first dose of the Sinovac vaccine.

After the second dose was given in the fourth week, 196 out of 197 recipients developed antibodies.

The Sinovac vaccine is able to stimulate the immune system, with antibodies created after the first dose. Almost all recipients, or 99.49 percent, have a high level of antibodies after receiving the second dose.

See the twisting of the words, e.g. no % after the second dose from Sinovac, but they say 99.49% but that refers to the recipients, not the "higher" antibodies after the second dose, so makes me wonder what it is.

Just saying.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

26 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

There is a bit of twisting of the words when it comes to Sinovac, but at the end of the day, 65% vs 90%'s AZ, is better than nothing.

See the twisting of the words, e.g. no % after the second dose from Sinovac, but they say 99.49% but that refers to the recipients, not the "higher" antibodies after the second dose, so makes me wonder what it is.

Just saying.

Not sure what you are getting at.  It states 99.49 percent which is the same as 99.49%.  Maybe I'm missing the point ???? 

• Like 1

In terms of results for Sinovac it supports the validation given by the WHO which, despite the assertions it is bought and paid for  by China, has only very recently accepted well demonstrated benefits and incidentally being prolifically provided  unlike some more heralded but restricted commercially marketed"exclusive"products.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Both the media and government loses credibility by engaging in this kind of statistical manipulation. 
Just link directly to the published study instead of providing mealy-mouthed happy-talk and distorted stats.
These people are actively manufacturing vaccine-hesitancy within the Thai population with this type of misrepresentation as they think the public too buffalo-stupid to see through the spin doctoring.

Edited by CALSinCM
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, ukrules said:

Remember the Thai are not like the rest of the world, they're special (they all know this as it's taught in school)

Says UKrules.

I think there is definitely something in the Thais that does make them a lot tougher, and you don't hear them complaining much.

If we compare the impact that the virus has had on a similar sized country, hmmmm, such as the UK for example, the Thais total death count is lower than a single bad week in the UK.

Thais I know claim it is because of the various Thai herbs they use in Thai food. There must be some reason for the huge difference in the numbers with the UK one hundred times worse off.

21 hours ago, ukrules said:

54 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

Says UKrules.

I think there is definitely something in the Thais that does make them a lot tougher, and you don't hear them complaining much.

If we compare the impact that the virus has had on a similar sized country, hmmmm, such as the UK for example, the Thais total death count is lower than a single bad week in the UK.

Thais I know claim it is because of the various Thai herbs they use in Thai food. There must be some reason for the huge difference in the numbers with the UK one hundred times worse off.

Let's compare recent data shall we?

In the past two weeks - Thailand deaths = 346,  UK = 148

And Vietnam (with 50% more population) has reported 2 death in the last 2 weeks. Their immune system must be really, really, super strong and vastly superior to the Thais....

Screenshot_20210519_100154.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, RobMuir said:

Complete nonsense

2 hours ago, RobMuir said:

I already noticed that you seem to take great delight in many of your posts around the forum deriding England over the past few days.

You have no idea what's coming in Thailand.

3 hours ago, ukrules said:

I already noticed that you seem to take great delight in many of your posts around the forum deriding England over the past few days.

You have no idea what's coming in Thailand.

I was just responding with some facts comparing the two countries as many of your posts deride Thailand.