British man arrested in Chiang Mai after allegedly threatening monk with a machete

snoop1130

15 hours ago, johng said:

In the video he talks about being tired of corruption in the village, just wants to be left alone   wanted to kill himself !!  maybe something has pushed him too far ?

Funny way to emphasise "I was just tired"! If I'm tired, I go to bed (unarmed, without a machete in hand!)

18 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Actually your ' friend ' is right but paranoia is also another side effect.

The ' wotsits ' and ' chocolate '  cravings according to ' my friend ' is commonly referred to it by users as ' The munchies '

And funnily enough, according to "MY friend", if you indulge in too much, you can suffer from what is known as a "whitey", a bit like being "as drunk as a skunk" but mored docile and less smelly! 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Daveyh said:

What an idiot! He obviously is not of English decent & a descendant of immigrants from the yesteryear's commonwealth. I'm really tired of these so called "British people" that reside here giving the peace loving majority of expats a bad impression of us & our behaviour. I just hope they deport him back to wherever he's from, plus deal with any other expats misbehaving in the same manner. We are guests in this country & we should all accept that, be thankful for the hospitality extended to us here & enjoy it! ........... fact.

English decent"?

Do you mean "a decent English" as opposed to "an INdecent English"?

• Like 1

He speaks about corruption.

So maybe the NGO's had set him up as a paedophile.

It happens all the time.

Then maybe the gangstalking just got too much for him like it is designed to do.

Pity that we don't have access to the database that is distributed to all Thai people.

5 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Descent

You bit! DaveyH uses the word "descendant" 3 or 4 words later, so it was obviously a typo!

I was making a play on words e.g. "a decent Englishman"

• Confused 1

48 minutes ago, sambum said:

"British man arrested in Chiang Mai ............"

Why not "Foreigner arrested in Chiang Mai..........."?

and  "Police in Chiang Mai have arrested a British after he allegedly threatened a monk with a machete."

A "British?" It's like saying "a French" or a "Spanish" - the journalist should have stuck to "foreigner" - it's easier, but no - tar and feather the "BRIT" as is often the case on here. 

If they know he is British, then why not give the full facts of the story?

PH

26 minutes ago, Daveyh said:

What an idiot! He obviously is not of English decent & a descendant of immigrants from the yesteryear's commonwealth. I'm really tired of these so called "British people" that reside here giving the peace loving majority of expats a bad impression of us & our behaviour. I just hope they deport him back to wherever he's from, plus deal with any other expats misbehaving in the same manner. We are guests in this country & we should all accept that, be thankful for the hospitality extended to us here & enjoy it! ........... fact.

"English" descent?  What is the origin of your DNA?  Extremely unlikley to be from Enlgand for more than a few generations.  How many generations does it take to be "English"?

But you want him deported - as do I - back whence he came. So to England he goes...glad we are in agreement there

PH

• Like 1