Thailand’s new school term postponed again to June 14th

webfact

Thai-School-Flag.jpg

The Thai Ministry of Education has decided to delay further the start of the new school term, from June 1st to June 14th, after the first postponement from May 17th.

Education Minister Trinuch Thienthong said today that the latest postponement is for the safety of teachers, students and other educational personnel, as the third wave of the COVID-19 pandemic continues.

The further delay to the start of the new term will also allow more time for teachers and other educational personnel to get vaccinated and for the transfer of students from one school to another, said the minister.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailands-new-school-term-postponed-again-from-to-june-14th/

Logo-top-.png

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Can I have my money back please ? Paid in full for a term for my daughter has never attended so far. 

Are you getting any home schooling exercises for her ?

• Like 1

Better to wait with the on-site schooling for another 2 weeks to let the 3rd wave slow down than forcing all students of all ages to get vaccinated... online schooling is available (though not really effective the way it works here...)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Can I have my money back please ? Paid in full for a term for my daughter has never attended so far. 

Same here and it will be awkward for the school to send out the 250,000 baht invoice for semester 1 in June, but I guess the show must go on.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The further delay to the start of the new term will also allow more time for teachers and other educational personnel to get vaccinated and for the transfer of students from one school to another, said the minister.

If they vaccinate all teachers by this time I will be amazed and quite frankly a miracle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

and internetschooling only so so... yesterday the teacher did not even show up...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Will foreign teachers get the same priority? 

If the school contacts their local Education Area Office, they will arrange vaccination for ALL teachers, including foreign teachers.   They must have the proper visa and Work Permit.   I don't know if new teachers who have paperwork in process will be allowed or not.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Same here and it will be awkward for the school to send out the 250,000 baht invoice for semester 1 in June, but I guess the show must go on.

I never thought of school fees. In the main no kids at school so didn't occur to me. Not nice to pay for something and not receive it.

May I ask what is the range of school fees per semester from you basic up to international schools. 

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I never thought of school fees. In the main no kids at school so didn't occur to me. Not nice to pay for something and not receive it.

May I ask what is the range of school fees per semester from you basic up to international schools. 

600,000 baht a year to educate my gene pool.

Screenshot_20210403-063021_Drive.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

....and just in addition my daughter has loved spending more time with her Papa.

It has been a very long time since i have played dollies with my children. 

We have also started our own at home youtube channel. 

I honestly can not remember a time i have laughed so hard with my children. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

600,000 baht a year to educate my gene pool.

Screenshot_20210403-063021_Drive.jpg

Wow. I suppose the only consolation you have is it would cost much more than that at private schools in Australia, even with the money governments throw at them.

Makes me happy I am too old for procreation.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Scott said:

If the school contacts their local Education Area Office, they will arrange vaccination for ALL teachers, including foreign teachers.   They must have the proper visa and Work Permit.   I don't know if new teachers who have paperwork in process will be allowed or not.

Sinovac.

5 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

in COVID......a time of need....further donations are appreciated.

Please send an additional 5000 baht for new vehicles.  

All books and uniforms will be changed because of COVID......send 10,000

classes cut short to only 11 minutes.......   but longer lunches and now premium food.....give child 1000 baht per day!!

• Haha 1

Well, it becomes online classes again, then we are doomed... in January internet worked well until 08:00 and after 16:00, between 08:00 and 16:00 average time connected to zoom or google meet was 1 minute before having to start all over again and reconnect, and it was the same on all 3 ISP's that I have available (AIS, CAT and Uninet)! I guess that the local internet hubs got overwhelmed as everyone was supposed to study online?!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Same here. Paid for compulsory summer school. Got nothing back. Now P 1. And get no discount. We've got online schooling now, with badly accented Filipinos teaching about citizens duties through an American cartoon. Best one is "respect authority". Sure... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

Better to wait with the on-site schooling for another 2 weeks to let the 3rd wave slow down than forcing all students of all ages to get vaccinated... online schooling is available (though not really effective the way it works here...)

Do you have children? 

MOE said schools in red or orange zones still are allowed to open June 1 if thy comply with MOE's 44 requirements conditions. So far as i understand. 

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

5-30 k per month depending age n school 

Edited by TKI

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

The school made up the time w/shorter and no vacations, holidays etc... we are starting late again and I have paid already but I expect as last year they will make up the time in the same way... 

ps - you do have to keep these schools in business too... 

Just checked with the school here, we are in an orange zone, so we will open July 1st if the provincial health authority gives us the green light. Apparently the administrators started to work on the 44 point list already yesterday, and have signed up all personnel for vaccination ASAP at the local hospital. And as a majority of the students here are living on campus, they will be subjected to 14 day quarantine before they are allowed to leave the school and go in to the city.

At least I'm one of the lucky foreigners working in the schools here in Thailand, I get paid for every month of the year, while I have friends that aren't paid when they don't work/teach, so they are already at 2 months without salary!