Thailand’s new school term postponed again to June 14th

webfact

3 hours ago, madmitch said:

International schools in Phuket have been given permission to open next week.

Fingers crossed the majority of parents will vote for opening coming Monday as online school is a complete waste for 4-year olds with a short attention span (KIS either opens next week or the week after depending on a vote of parents). 

5 hours ago, rct99q said:

....and just in addition my daughter has loved spending more time with her Papa.

It has been a very long time since i have played dollies with my children. 

We have also started our own at home youtube channel. 

I honestly can not remember a time i have laughed so hard with my children. 

Same here. We love to have our son here with us and spend more time together,. Unlike a lot of the parents at our school, we enjoy spending time with our son and spending time as a family. A lot of parents at our sons school are completely the opposite and have no time for their child/children and seem to think that they can just throw money at their child and this makes them a perfect parent. Take for instance the exam time,, it used to be that, after the exams finished they could go home early, parents complained that the school were letting them out too early and it was affecting their time for doing their nails/hair/bar time or whatever.

7 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Same here and it will be awkward for the school to send out the 250,000 baht invoice for semester 1 in June, but I guess the show must go on.

Got already the next invoice at home.

311,000 to pay.

No talk about giving a discount but instead, they increased fees by 2,5%

Edited by AlfHuy

10 minutes ago, Falcon said:

Same here. We love to have our son here with us and spend more time together,. Unlike a lot of the parents at our school, we enjoy spending time with our son and spending time as a family. A lot of parents at our sons school are completely the opposite and have no time for their child/children and seem to think that they can just throw money at their child and this makes them a perfect parent. Take for instance the exam time,, it used to be that, after the exams finished they could go home early, parents complained that the school were letting them out too early and it was affecting their time for doing their nails/hair/bar time or whatever.

I'd love to spend time at home with my son but I have to work!  The sooner schools go back the better.  It's ridiculous how little education seems to be valued.  

On 5/19/2021 at 11:19 AM, lahgon29 said:

We've got online schooling now, with badly accented Filipinos teaching about citizens duties through an American cartoon.

I was just informed that my school year won't begin until June 14th. There was talk of me getting paid to give online lessons now, as the Thai teachers at my school are currently doing, but now it's not happening. I'd love to provide them with a better accent, but they only want me teaching in the classroom. Oh well.

In the meantime, my native speaking skills are in demand on the various online tutoring platforms, where I get a lot Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, and Saudi Arabians. But I've gotta snap those bookings up quick, as many other farang teachers in Thailand are now doing the same.

• Like 1