Start of mass vaccination set to begin for Pattaya and Chonburi residents later this week

webfact

pa1.jpg

By Goong Nang(GN)

Chonburi – 45,000 doses of Sinovac vaccines are reportedly set to be rolled out for Pattaya and Chonburi residents at 29 places on May 20th and May 21st.

However, at this time, foreign residents can still not officially register although Chonburi Health Officials have said that could change very soon. Thai residents have started to register based on their status through several methods including online applications and website based tools.

The number of Sinovac vaccines scheduled for a mid-May arrival in Banglamung and Pattaya has been decreased from 30,000 doses to 20,000 doses, according to city officials last week.

NUMBER OF INITIAL SINOVAC COVID-19 VACCINES FOR PATTAYA AND BANGLAMUNG AREA IN MID-MAY DECREASED, INOCULATION DATE SLIGHTLY POSTPONED

The Chonburi Public Relation Office stated yesterday (May 17th) to The Pattaya News that Chonburi as a whole will receive 45,000 doses of Sinovac vaccines. 20,000 of these will be for Banglamung, the bulk of the shipment, as Pattaya City is one of five economic priorities in the country.

Vaccination places are being set at 29 places for residents in Chonburi area including Pattaya and Banglamung.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/05/18/start-of-mass-vaccination-set-to-begin-for-pattaya-and-chonburi-residents-later-this-week/

PattayaNews.jpg

3 hours ago, mikebell said:

Government Hi-sos and their families and their gardeners.

2 hours ago, Scott Tracy said:

Not many eligible people in these places, then? Perhaps they've all gone back home...

Thats not the case 

My wife signed up on the app about 2 weeks ago and was called for her vaccine May 20 2021. Trust me we have no connections and she is low risk imho

4 minutes ago, yankee99 said:

Thats not the case 

My wife signed up on the app about 2 weeks ago and was called for her vaccine May 20 2021. Trust me we have no connections and she is low risk imho

Let us know if she actually gets it.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

For reference (Wikipedia):-

Population
 (2019)[2]
 • Total 119,532
(Registered residents)

Will need many more than 45,000 doses!!

Agreed, but as the headline states it's a start. Let's see what transpires.....

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mickyr55 said:

What with an allocation of 20K doses, which incidentally is the same amount that failed to materialise earlier this week, of course there won't be any for foreigners, have you no idea of the population of Pattaya??

Don't worry.

20,000 is enough. They mix it together with fish sauce.

• Haha 2

My Thai partner and I stumbled upon a vaccination program being conducted yesterday next to the park at Lake Mabprachan.  He went to see if he could be vaccinated but it was just for residents of that municipality.  

10 hours ago, newnative said:

My Thai partner and I stumbled upon a vaccination program being conducted yesterday next to the park at Lake Mabprachan.  He went to see if he could be vaccinated but it was just for residents of that municipality.  

What proof were they looking for to show someone was from that municipality?  

On 5/18/2021 at 10:31 PM, Burma Bill said:

For reference (Wikipedia):-

Population
 (2019)[2]
 • Total 119,532
(Registered residents)

Will need many more than 45,000 doses!!

It takes time to ramp up and work the bugs out.  UK, EU, and the US all had logistical issues and growing pains at first. 

Edited by shdmn
  • Thanks 1