Sinovac review by Thai superstar Chompoo Araya goes viral

webfact

the thai government is making it difficult for us Farangs with money to get a vaccine that is produced in our countries.  if one is fully vaccinated their should be no quarantine upon returning to Thailand.  but perhaps that is the idea.  send us all home.

2 hours ago, sirineou said:

Millions of people have taken the Sinovac vaccine with only a few problems reported as far as I know. Why are people so against it?  

Seems you forgot which forum you're on.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, sirineou said:

Millions of people have taken the Sinovac vaccine with only a few problems reported as far as I know. Why are people so against it?  

Does anyone have reputable links that indicate that Sinovac is dangerous? 

According to Bloomberg financial news, :

"China Sinovac Shot Seen Highly Effective in Real World Study "

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-05-11/china-s-sinovac-shot-found-highly-effective-in-real-world-study

It might not , I stress "Might" be the best vaccine, but why let the perfect be the enemy of the good. ?

We all complain about the restrictions, the inconveniences, the face masks, quarantines, closings of favorite places. People are economically hurting. businesses are closing, and we have a chance to get out of all of these, Travel again,. 

Why not take the sinovak now , and later on when others become available, if need be, take a different t one? Does taking the sinovac preclude you from taking the Pfizer later on

"Health experts generally agree that the mixing and matching of the vaccines should be safe. But clinical trials are ongoing. "

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/09/can-you-mix-and-match-covid-vaccines-heres-what-we-know-so-far.html

If I have to have the vaccination then I will choose which one, thank you

• Like 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Influential star Araya “Chompoo” A. Hargate was going viral again Tuesday, this time for sharing her experience of receiving the government-approved Sinovac vaccine.

There you go... when a celeb rolls out confirmation you know it's true 5555

another PR stunt to get people to take the only choice going.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I saw Dolly Parton promoting getting vaccinated in the US, singing in a news program so pretty normal that celebrities does this kind of promotion.

I don't mind taking Sinovac it seems to help you from getting seriously ill if you gets C-19

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Susco said:

Always  good  to see  so many reports  showing yes  no  yes  no yes  no, no wonder joe public is wary.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

No.

You're mixing up your luk krung "actresses".

You're thinking of Anna Reese.

Social media seems to be a bit critical of Ms. Haragte for her vaccine activity. Cristicsm includes her access to the vaccine, and what appears to be support of the regime.

Well that's  her right to  support whomever she wants.

2 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/thai-national-volleyball-team-tests-positive-for-covid-19-after-taking-chinese-made-vaccines_3820554.html

Thai National Volleyball Team Tests Positive for COVID-19 After Taking Chinese-Made Vaccines

It's  about time you changed that mask, you need to have another colour so we  know  you are not using the same one????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, malibukid said:

the thai government is making it difficult for us Farangs with money to get a vaccine that is produced in our countries.  if one is fully vaccinated their should be no quarantine upon returning to Thailand.  but perhaps that is the idea.  send us all home.

It's just politics. They don't want to be seen as putting their own citizens "second".

46 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Social media seems to be a bit critical of Ms. Haragte for her vaccine activity. Cristicsm includes her access to the vaccine, and what appears to be support of the regime.

Since I don't see any links to a source for your claims, I take it you mean the cynics on this forum?

45 minutes ago, club said:

This extract from the Economist's report does give a proper qualification to the the headline. 

"Sinovac can take some comfort from the fact that predicting the effectiveness of vaccines is devlishly hard..........trials of the same vaccine conducted in different places, under different conditions often have different results.  Results can differ depending on the strains of the virus tat are most prevalent, population tested and sometimes even the way the results are measured. That Sinovac trials were conducted in Brazil, which harbours a variant of the virus thought to be particularly nasty suggest some caution in assessing the outcome is in order".

Edited by Eric Loh
wrong word

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Well, objectively, it is better than nothing. 

Imagine if it was the only Covid-19 vaccine in the world. But it isn't.

The dilemma many people are going to face, Thais and expats, is whether to accept the Sinovac earlier to get protection earlier or wait and hope that there will be access to another brand option later. 

I guess each person that feels they really have a choice in this is going to have to make that decision for themselves.

In other word, effectiveness matters, but so does access and timing. 

you can do both.

1 hour ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

What about the other 7  billion whov'e never  heard of her.????

Well, if her endorsement is used to influence the 7 billion who have never heard of her, you'll have made a good point. Until then, not so much.

4 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

Who is Chompoo Araya? 

Why should I care? 

Where have you been man? She is such a famous Thai actress (so my Mrs just informed me). I suspect she might have paid for a different jab myself. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

The rock legend has claimed a “disastrous” reaction to the jab left him afraid he “would never play again” — a circumstance he blamed on “propaganda [that] said the vaccine was safe for everyone.”

https://nypost.com/2021/05/17/eric-clapton-details-disastrous-covid-vaccine-effects/

Thank you Dr. Clapton.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Given her family connections, she would have had one of the proper vaccines months ago.

This was simply a publicity stunt aimed at the gullible. The needle wouldn't have touched her arm with that junk in it. Same as Prayut wouldn't allow it to touch his. Sinovac is for the arms of the serfs.

Thank you for not providing evidence to support your claims.

21 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/thai-national-volleyball-team-tests-positive-for-covid-19-after-taking-chinese-made-vaccines_3820554.html

Thai National Volleyball Team Tests Positive for COVID-19 After Taking Chinese-Made Vaccines

NY Yankees test postive after taking J&J vaccine.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/18/new-york-yankees-breakthrough-covid-cases-in-vaccinated-team-members.html