Thais increasingly wary of Covid vaccines, study finds

webfact

How does one combat this hesitancy? (I presume someone has asked why there is so much hesitancy?)

Mandatory vaccinations for all? Jail time for those who refuse? Jail time for those who spread false information? 

How does one combat death rate per covid infection versus perceived injury because of the vaccination? (If that's the reason for the hesitancy, see above.)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Really ? How come ?

We were told that millions and millions of people went online in a frenzy to "book" their injection ! No ?

I guess the only solution is the "Buriram solution".

Compulsory vaccination. ????

But without enough doses... that will be problematic.

Life is unfair.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, meechai said:

There are no lines anymore at the many free vac locations

Oh they are all nuts in the USA. People have started to turn up for vaccines now in UK, nothing like a scary new variant to mobilize the wary.

36 minutes ago, meechai said:

Healthy folks realize they have a 99.5% chance of easily surviving this

Covid appears to kill 1.8% of those it infects. That number is also reflected in the USA with 601,000 deaths from under 34 million infections.

Many of those were healthy before.

1 hour ago, meechai said:

Healthy folks realize they have a 99.5% chance of easily surviving this

33 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Covid appears to kill 1.8% of those it infects. That number is also reflected in the USA with 601,000 deaths from under 34 million infections.

Many of those were healthy before.

I'm all for vaccination for various reasons. Had my Astra x2 in Sydney and now in Bangkok quarantine. 

Covid IFR (infection fatality rate) has been determined by US CDC to be around 0.6% and vast majority of deaths are people over 70, with co-morbidities. So, 99.5% chance of surviving for healthy people is probably an understatement. More like 99.9%

However, beware of long hauling. The studies are finding about 10% people who survive Covid have symptoms lingering for 3-6 months and sometimes worse.. https://health.ucdavis.edu/coronavirus/covid-19-information/covid-19-long-haulers.html

Edited by Donga
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, meechai said:

It is not just the Thai's

Check countries like USA that even have Pfizer, Moderna & J&J to choose from....See 40-45% have been vaccinated

There are no lines anymore at the many free vac locations

60 percent of adults in USA have had at least one vaccination. 

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/covid-19-vaccine-doses.html

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Donga said:

I'm all for vaccination for various reasons. Had my Astra x2 in Sydney and now in Bangkok quarantine. 

Covid IFR (infection fatality rate) has been determined by US CDC to be around 0.6% and vast majority of deaths are people over 70, with co-morbidities. So, 99.5% chance of surviving for healthy people is probably an understatement. More like 99.9%

However, beware of long hauling. The studies are finding about 10% people who survive Covid have symptoms lingering for 3-6 months and sometimes worse.. https://health.ucdavis.edu/coronavirus/covid-19-information/covid-19-long-haulers.html

Funny that: I got banned by the wokesters in charge for saying 99.7%

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Yes they are making it sound as if they died from the vaccines, not dying with the vaccines, there is a clear difference.

No vaccines have been tied to the deaths of those who have taken it, it's what it is, but people will hear and see things as they do, self included, just got to sift through it all to get to the bottom of it, the facts, i.e. at the moment, no vaccines have been proven to be associated with the deaths of people taking the vaccines, those who took the vaccine and died shortly thereafter died with the vaccine, not from it.

Hope that makes sense ????

More exactly 86% if you don't have any major health problems

• Confused 3