Health Minister confident key clusters under control

webfact

3 hours ago, madmitch said:

He looks like he's singing a song in that picture. Perhaps he's thinking of changing career!

Reminded me of Englebert Humperdinck singing:

"Please release me"

I'd post a video, but, well, you can guess why I won't..????????

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The Minister of Public Health, said today that major COVID-19 clusters in Thailand, mostly in construction workers’ camps, prisons, and slums are back under control. Health authorities will be giving AstraZeneca vaccine to low-risk people, as the vaccine is known to help boost immunity and reduce the transmissibility of the virus.

"Health authorities will be giving AstraZeneca vaccine to low-risk people..."
High risk people are chopped liver?  You idiots have a shortage of vaccines so give them to the low-risk population??? 
This beggars belief.

These morons don't have a clue do they?  What can you expect when a construction tycoon is the Health Minister.  Unreal.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Most hospitals and third party venues offering the jabs will require the recipients to book an appointment in advance, which can be done on Mohprompt LINE chatbot or a standalone mobile app, via a local village health volunteer, or directly with a hospital.

These incompetent fools can not get out of their own way in their efforts to <deleted> the entire Covid epidemic and make a total mess of it.
History will not be kind unless of course it is rewritten.

Having a billionaire construction tycoon at the head of a country's Ministry of Health during a global pandemic is the perfect sounding line to measure the depth of this country's endemic corruption.
Best of luck prying the ship of state off of the reefs and shoals of public opinion after Thailand runs itself firmly aground. 
The PM will spray the media with alcohol and all will be forgotten no doubt.

• Like 2

So Anutin is back from his enforced sabbatical, and has not lost any of his ability to be able to talk Tosh.

He is probably back at the Czars request o stand front and center in his rightful place, directly in the line of fire when the Brown stuff hits the Whirly Thing.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, CALSinCM said:

These incompetent fools can not get out of their own way in their efforts to <deleted> the entire Covid epidemic and make a total mess of it.
History will not be kind unless of course it is rewritten.

History will compare Thailand’s response to the virus with countries with similar populations, such as the UK.

• Like 1

I don’t have much good to say about the guy myself, but if we’re going to criticise what he’s doing lets at least get our criticism right. 

20 hours ago, smedly said:

sinovac barely meets WHO thresholds in efficacy running at slightly above 50%

Better than nothing - but the key clusters need vaccinating a lot more quickly. 

Sinovac prevents 50% of people from contracting Covid-19 (after the 2nd vaccination)

Sinovac prevents 78% from contracting mild to moderate symptoms of Covid-19 (i.e. 28% test positive but have no symptoms)(after the 2nd vaccination)

Sinovac prevents close to 100% (allegedly) of serious Covid-19 cases and deaths (after the 2nd vaccination).

If there’s nothing else available this quickly vaccinating the nation with Sinovac will have a hugely beneficial impact - but Thailand needs to have the vaccines (any vaccines) rolling out as quickly as possible. 

19 hours ago, nikmar said:

He doesnt need to open his mouth to look stupid - just look at the  medics shirt that he wears. 

Thats the Uniform for those working for the Ministry of Public Health (there’s the MOPH emblem on the front of his white shirt)

15 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

And why does he always wear medical shirts?

He should rather wear a builders overall.

Its the Uniform of the position he represents. 

That said - as usual, Anutin is running his mouth. 

When all of the Slums and high density area’s have been vaccinated impact of ‘key clusters’ areas, and all other areas of high population density will present less risk to the remainder of the population. 

At the moment vaccinating Khlong Toey, a population of 100,000 people with 3000 vaccines per day will take a month and thats just one ‘key cluster’....  perhaps they are half way through that, I’ve not seen the ‘vaccinated’ figures for this area.

Additionally, a ‘2nd vaccination’ (booster) still has to be administered to bring up the efficacy... so ‘key clusters’ not quite fully controlled, not yet anyway. 

4 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

History will compare Thailand’s response to the virus with countries with similar populations, such as the UK.

Thats a very good point. 

IF the official numbers have been Truthful, Thailand has done very well and continues to do well regardless of this hiccup. 

Criticism can be levied at the delay in securing the vaccines. I think the government were initially relying on the virus having ‘died out’ by now and got caught short without nationwide vaccination plans and procurement. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CALSinCM said:
21 hours ago, webfact said:

The Minister of Public Health, said today that major COVID-19 clusters in Thailand, mostly in construction workers’ camps, prisons, and slums are back under control. Health authorities will be giving AstraZeneca vaccine to low-risk people, as the vaccine is known to help boost immunity and reduce the transmissibility of the virus.

"Health authorities will be giving AstraZeneca vaccine to low-risk people..."
High risk people are chopped liver?  You idiots have a shortage of vaccines so give them to the low-risk population??? 
This beggars belief.

These morons don't have a clue do they?  What can you expect when a construction tycoon is the Health Minister.  Unreal.

The main article was written by a Thai [Tanakorn Sangiam] - I think its pretty obvious there is a key error in the article which presents a highly misleading story.

[The Minister of Public Health, said today that major COVID-19 clusters in Thailand, mostly in construction workers’ camps, prisons, and slums are back under control. Health authorities will ALSO be giving AstraZeneca vaccine to low-risk people, as the vaccine is known to help boost immunity and reduce the transmissibility of the virus.]

Which makes a lot more sense, especially considering the aim is to vaccinate everyone in high population density areas.