Phuket to reopen to international visitors on July 1

webfact

4 minutes ago, troubletribbles said:

This is what I'm dying to hear. Also, most  international flights have a transfer in Bangkok, often through the domestic terminal...

Quite a lot didn't transfer through BKK the middle east airlines didn't and the flight from Moscow was direct to Phuket 

Desperation and wishful thinking. It’s so Crystal clear now right ? Foreigners from abroad can fly in while the locals need PCR Test to go ??? Definitely staying away from the famous P island 

• Like 1

Beaches will be closed in July. Especially Karon is known for its rip currents. Dint ignore those red flags during the monsoon season. Also, can Thai get in and out of the island?  Most hotel staff has left a long time ago.

If the only thing you needed was a flight ,holiday insurance giving visitors a 6 month Visa waiver stamp in entry which could be extended easily then people would come. Plus the proof of vacination. Too many its and buts. Like if there are flights? Can children come who are unvacinated? Will your country of original allow you to come without quarantine on return? Can you stay anywhere on Phuket or has it got to be the package tour?

Can you travel around Thailand after a set period? If/when there is outbreak of Covid on Phuket will there be a lockdown or then will you be stopped from travel around Thailand.. Will normal travel insurance be OK?  Will places be staffed on Phuket?

The main question though if you manage to book a flight and fulfill Thailand's requirements for entry will it all be changed the day before you come?  

seldom in 35 years here have i seen beaches Closed. ( pre covid) for more than a day or 2
Only during the worst storms,

as far as red flags go, here in Kamala, the put them up in June and take them down in Nov. ????

Thais can come and go same as a Farang IF they have had both shots or a negative covid test within 72 hours.

Plenty of hotels open on the island an plenty or workers have stayed on.

Can you stay anywhere on Phuket or has it got to be the package tour?

Can you travel around Thailand after a set period? If/when there is outbreak of Covid on Phuket will there be a lockdown or then will you be stopped from travel around Thailand.. Will normal travel insurance be OK?  Will places be staffed on Phuket?

you can stay anywhere you wish to , only requirement is you must remain on the island for 7 days and than ur free to travel elsewhere<

BOLD::: Nobody knows, things change daily here
They are really set on opening july 1st.,  Its about Face and $$$$$

Edited by zzzzz
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, troubletribbles said:

This is what I'm dying to hear. Also, most  international flights have a transfer in Bangkok, often through the domestic terminal...

From what I have heard, all international transfers to Phuket will have to be on designated airlines/flights thru Swampy and there will be a controlled access corridor to the gate for the connecting flight to Phuket.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

Quite a lot didn't transfer through BKK the middle east airlines didn't and the flight from Moscow was direct to Phuket 

The "Sandbox" model calls for direct flights to Phuket or Swampy and controlled access to a designated gate for transfers to Phuket.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Zack61 said:

I’m just waiting for Anutin to reassure me that everything is under control and I’ll be there as quick as a fish. 2 weeks should be enough to bring it under control. I’m sure he has a sound, sane plan. 

5555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555........

There’s Nothing like a good belly laugh. 

Your wish is his command....................555

Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Public Health Anutin Charnvirakul has discussed the government’s progress in containing COVID-19 transmission, especially in major clusters, saying that the situation is under control.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1217594-health-minister-confident-key-clusters-under-control/?fbclid=IwAR0YsXBzYFWhfBbUZNRW0KvPGb1H8BaNxh2YGuqg9fOypw_ZZD0nDywuJ7M

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

We have tourist in our condo for the next 2 months I know a lot of people wanting to come back, but dont want to do the quarantine 

I would be there in a heart beat - but it’s not just quarantine in Phuket I don’t have the time to do, but the quarantine I will also have to do on return to my home country. Governments need to be establishing more “travel bubbles”.

16 minutes ago, hioctane said:

That is the whole point of a Phuket sandbox test. They want to see if there are less cases with vaccinated tourists and 70% vaccinated locals. If it works, they will feel confident in ramping up vaccinations. If it doesn’t work, the spread will be contained to the island.

Ah so they want to try an experiment with human beings? And perhaps let in a varient that could reek havoc. 

Surely they should just follow the science and see the levels of transmissions with vaccines they are reporting. 

How would they even know if things were going bad anyways? They could never actually go back and say 'it came from the tourists who arrived in Phuket'. The same way they can never be sure where this new variant that is surging through Thailand now has come from. 

2 hours ago, graham Stuart said:

I just hope so  !!  i have not been home to phuket now for 15 month  looking forward to 1st July

Sorry to hear your stuck away from home but I fear 1st July. Is pie in the sky what they failed to say is what year it will be more like July 2022 it certainly won’t be this July it has just been announced anyone entering Phuket from other provinces will have to go into quarantine for 14 days unless they can show they have had the vaccine 

14 minutes ago, Bronder said:

Yesterday Nakhon Phanom University vaccinated part of the faculty--only Thai teachers.  The foreign teachers have to wait.

I should have chosen to work in Phuket.

I wouldn't expect any difference