Phuket to reopen to international visitors on July 1

webfact

18 minutes ago, toolpush said:

Kind of a contradictory statement? First you say: "The vaccine DOES NOT stop you catching the virus and spreading it". Then you say they should wait until country has a vaccination point? 

What good is a high vaccination point if the vaccine DOES NOT stop you catching the the virus and spreading it?

I am confused by your position.

It's not at all contradictory. You clearly don't understand the vaccine. 

3 hours ago, impulse said:

You're assuming the target demographic is from the west.  I'm thinking they're from the north.

Not really. Whether from China or Western countries, it seems it will be couples and singles only. 

I assume you’re suggesting that most Chinese tourists come in large groups and are mostly adults. From what I have seen around Phuket in the past, that’s probably true. But it doesn’t contradict my original statement. Couples and singles only.

8 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

ur free in phuket... no quarantine at all.....no restrictions, ( well as far as they say Today, tomorrow might change) 

I personally am not concerned about 1,000 or 100,000 tourists arriving on PHuket come July>
I AM worried about the number of Thais that will be traveling form nakorn everywhere to work in Phuket that will NOT have had any shots nor any negative covid tests!!

I share that concern. There have been statements made that ANY person traveling to Phuket by air or land has to have a vaccination certificate or proof of a negative test within 72 hours of arrival.

I’m taking that to mean Thai’s as well, so hopefully the workers coming back to the island won’t be an issue.

but there’s still plenty of devil in the detail to be worked out and, as always, a tight ship run in the first week can easily become sloppy in a short space of time.

Edited by wensiensheng
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, crazykopite said:

Sorry to hear your stuck away from home but I fear 1st July. Is pie in the sky what they failed to say is what year it will be more like July 2022 it certainly won’t be this July it has just been announced anyone entering Phuket from other provinces will have to go into quarantine for 14 days unless they can show they have had the vaccine 

I’d have to disagree crazyk. I think it’s certain Phuket will be open. The border check is either vaccinated, or negative test within 72 hours and if you don’t have those, 14 days quarantined. 

if you think about it, if Phuket is to be a bubble, sandbox, call it what you will, you have to control people coming in to make sure they don’t bring the virus with them.

so the border checks are, imho, simply more evidence that Phuket will be open to vaccinated arrivals. Whether bars etc are open is the interesting question. So far anything to do with alcohol has been hugely restricted.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

I share that concern. There have been statements made that ANY person traveling to Phuket by air or land has to have a vaccination certificate or proof of a negative test within 72 hours of arrival.

I’m taking that to mean Thai’s as well, so hopefully the workers coming back to the island won’t be an issue.

but there’s still plenty of devil in the detail to be worked out and, as always, a tight ship run in the first week can easily become sloppy in a short space of time.

Thats true for now>  must have 2 shots or covid negative test

BUT how many Unemployed Thais  can afford a few thousand baht for the test and I doubt even 20% of thais in Thailand will have had their 2nd shot by July 1st

Maybe they will offer Free or cheap tests for thais next month

3 hours ago, impulse said:

You're assuming the target demographic is from the west.  I'm thinking they're from the north.

China has vaccinated about 1% of its population and is not encouraging foreign travel and there is no major China holiday now until October, they wont be coming on there 1st July

• Like 1

OK, so I developed the anti-bodies after a mild case in late January this year in which I recovered from within one week, I've had both jabs of Moderna, I have a note from my mother and Boy Scout Troop Master attesting I am a good boy...can I come to the LOS on July 2 and not have to quarantine ???

• Haha 1

Great idea, let loads of obese, pale tourists come in with their American express gold cards and their various strains of covid 19.

Should go down well...

Like a lead balloon kinda well. 

Open on July 1st, closed again on the 2nd ???? 

• Sad 2

42 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

You seem to be up to date on this quite well!  Thanks.  Quick question.  When in Phuket for your 7 day "quarantine", will you be stuck to your room?  Able to roam the hotel property?  Or have unrestricted access all across the island?

Thanks!

There is no quarantine for vaccinated travellers after 1 July under the current plan.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zzzzz said:

WRONG:

being discussed, NOT 100% yet

Nobody needs buy any kind of package, 

Book ur hotel direct, book ur flight direct

have both shots

fly in

make sure u have the thai Morchana app on ur phone

stay 7 days ( or longer) and ur than free to travel around Thailand

China, Russia, Japan, Korea

Good to know you know all about a government proposal that has yet to be finalized and published in the Royal Gazette or any other official government publication.

Edited by Pattaya Spotter

23 minutes ago, Swimfan said:

Where are the Sandbox specials on Sky Scanner ? I cant see any flights ? Who is flying there ?

They haven't announced the details of the scheme after 1 July yet, but airlines are gearing up.  you will just have to wait for updates.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, WingFat said:

OK, so I developed the anti-bodies after a mild case in late January this year in which I recovered from within one week, I've had both jabs of Moderna, I have a note from my mother and Boy Scout Troop Master attesting I am a good boy...can I come to the LOS on July 2 and not have to quarantine ???

As it stands now, then yes, but I would wait for a formal announcement.

7 minutes ago, stuarty said:

They haven't announced the details of the scheme after 1 July yet, but airlines are gearing up.  you will just have to wait for updates.

They wont be getting any Australians as we can not leave ????

1 hour ago, the green light said:

it seemed a desperate move to attract tourism and another disguise of the quarantine.

nothing will move until a lot of thai people get vaccination and quarantine removed.

"nothing will move until a lot of thai people get vaccination and quarantine removed."

Which is exactly the intention of this: high vaccination grade on Phuket and removal of the quarantine.

6 hours ago, Brunolem said:

It is not because one opens a Ferrari dealership in Isaan that customers will show up...

Are you sure ? Here i can see poor people in chicken houses with full cracks on walls (start break one year after the build finish) with big customized pickup in front of the chicken house. And more than the half of the credit cover by there own huge land for garanty (that they will loose for some of them to achieve to paid the credit if they don't also loose the pickup). It looks like the humans love to show power (even if they don't have any) the way it looks like in the TV shows.

Ho !!! look at my big expensive car !!! I'm someone !

I think, they can have a customized Ferrari under the chicken roof too... I will not be surprise.

Instead of words written in the sand they should have gathered some of the lovely genuine folk of the island, you know, jet ski lads, tuk tuk and taxi drivers...the ones we really miss...that would get them coming back in droves

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

You can leave anytime, just hard getting back in....

No you cant, its not that easy. You must apply for and obtain an exemption to travel. Exemptions are generally only granted on compassionate grounds. I doubt a holiday in Phuket would qualify.  Getting back is probably easier than getting out.

• Like 1