Bangkok Bank Statement Savings Account

An ongoing problem for me is being able to prove my address in Thailand (no utility bills &c. in my name, driving licence in Thai script).  I've just noticed that Bangkok Bank is offering a new savings account which mails you a statement every three months.  I was wondering if anyone knows:

(1) Is your address on the actual statement, or just on the envelope it comes in?

(2) Is the address in Latin script?

(3) Are there any fees for running this account?

https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/Personal/Save-And-Invest/Save/Statement-Savings-Account

Thanks.

Do you already have a Bank Account?  Both mine will provide printed and stamped statements on request.  Both can be in latin script.

I use my Bangkok Bank account for my annual extension - if you do the same an extra photocopy would do the job.

PH

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

Do you already have a Bank Account?

Yes, with Krung Sri.  However, with online banking I can change the address to whatever I like, so it's pointless as proof of where I live.

1 hour ago, Oxx said:

An ongoing problem for me is being able to prove my address in Thailand (no utility bills &c. in my name, driving licence in Thai script).

my Bangkok Bank saving account statement comes every month.

name in English. address in Thai. on statement with clear window on envelope. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

A thought...if trying to prove your address in Thailand, why is an address written in Thai not acceptable?

Because overseas brokerages, banks, government authorities, &c. won't accept an address in Thai - they can't read it.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Oxx said:
54 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

A thought...if trying to prove your address in Thailand, why is an address written in Thai not acceptable?

Because overseas brokerages, banks, government authorities, &c. won't accept an address in Thai - they can't read it.

These overseas entities (ifthat is why the address proof is required) would know that he was able to change his Krung Sri address online?  Unlikely, so no need for new account.

PH

• Like 1

Maybe open an AIS account or better still, convert your old PAYG account to post paid and they will send you a statement to your home address. I've had my PAYG number for 10 years or more, when I converted to their cheapest post plan they gave me five star gold club membership because I've been a customer for so long.

5 minutes ago, Brierley said:

Maybe open an AIS account or better still, convert your old PAYG account to post paid and they will send you a statement to your home address. I've had my PAYG number for 10 years or more, when I converted to their cheapest post plan they gave me five star gold club membership because I've been a customer for so long.

Usually mobile 'phone accounts aren't accepted for proof of address - at least, in my experience.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Oxx said:

Usually mobile 'phone accounts aren't accepted for proof of address - at least, in my experience.

Presumably you have a bank account here, why not have your bank send you a letter to prove your address here?

6 hours ago, Oxx said:

Yes, with Krung Sri.  However, with online banking I can change the address to whatever I like, so it's pointless as proof of where I live.

If Krungsri confirms your address that way (even though current Thai driving licences have your address in English on the back), which is what you want, it's hardly pointless, is it? 

42 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Because that's not a service the banks offer.

My bank sends me all manner of things every year. Every month they send me a visa statement of items I've charged via my debit card; every month I get a credit card statement; every three months I get a credit rating statement; twice a year I get an investment account statement. I'm absolutely certain if I asked them to send me something or other, an application form for some insurance or similar, they'd send it without hesitation.

If you're in contact with BB, you're lucky. I not only have a BB savings account, but I used to have a Bangluang on-line mobile account until they changed their format, so I couldn't sign in. I wrote them using their own form, their e-mail address and got no response. I'm unfortunately in the U.S., so I'm not returning until 2022. Who can I contact at the bank who will listen to me?

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Your license may have your address in English my address is written in Thai on both my current licenses 

Interested to know how old they are as both my current licences have my address in both English and Thai - renewed end of last year?

it could of course, like everything else here, just vary by DLT.

5 hours ago, thailen said:

If you're in contact with BB, you're lucky. I not only have a BB savings account, but I used to have a Bangluang on-line mobile account until they changed their format, so I couldn't sign in. I wrote them using their own form, their e-mail address and got no response. I'm unfortunately in the U.S., so I'm not returning until 2022. Who can I contact at the bank who will listen to me?

Call them, Head Office +662 645 5555, the English-speaking operator will listen to you.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Brierley said:

My bank sends me all manner of things every year ... I'm absolutely certain if I asked them to send me something or other, an application form for some insurance or similar, they'd send it without hesitation.

And his name and address would only be on the envelope that whatever was requested was sent in.

4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

And his name and address would only be on the envelope that whatever was requested was sent in.

So write a letter to the CEO or similar of the bank, ask a question about probate and what happens to your account when you die or write and complement the bank on their excellent service. They will write back, using their letterhead and the letter will contain your address.....this is not rocket science!

• Haha 1

On 5/19/2021 at 6:04 AM, Oxx said:

An ongoing problem for me is being able to prove my address in Thailand (no utility bills &c. in my name, driving licence in Thai script).

The bank should issue you with a letter for immigration, to obtain a letter of residency, for that purpose. Why Is your TM 30 not up to date ?