Bangkok Bank Statement Savings Account

6 hours ago, Brierley said:
10 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

And his name and address would only be on the envelope that whatever was requested was sent in.

So write a letter to the CEO or similar of the bank, ask a question about probate and what happens to your account when you die or write and complement the bank on their excellent service. They will write back, using their letterhead and the letter will contain your address.....this is not rocket science!

Yeah, right.   

Bank "CEOs" don't answer letters from customers such as those, they have staff to do that.  Your suggested letter won't get anywhere near the "CEO".  Why don't you do it, as an experiment, and show the results here?   As you so sagely said, this is not rocket science.

4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yeah, right.   

Bank "CEOs" don't answer letters from customers such as those, they have staff to do that.  Your suggested letter won't get anywhere near the "CEO".  Why don't you do it, as an experiment, and show the results here?   As you so sagely said, this is not rocket science.

I have, although I didn't do it because I wanted a letter with my address on. I did it twice, once because I wanted to write to commend some outstanding service I had received in a branch and a second time because I wanted to understand what the banks probate policy is for when I pass on and my wife has to handle probate. MY bank is UOB and on both times I received a personalized reply from the CEO and the second time from an SVP.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Brierley said:

I have, although I didn't do it because I wanted a letter with my address on. I did it twice, once because I wanted to write to commend some outstanding service I had received in a branch and a second time because I wanted to understand what the banks probate policy is for when I pass on and my wife has to handle probate. MY bank is UOB and on both times I received a personalized reply from the CEO and the second time from an SVP.

'Course, you did.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

'Course, you did.

Of course, if you only keep a few thousand baht in your account you might not get a response so I can see how you might have doubts that the bank would actually reply.

5 minutes ago, Brierley said:
15 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

'Course, you did.

Of course, if you only keep a few thousand baht in your account you might not get a response so I can see how you might have doubts that the bank would actually reply.

What do you know about my finances?   

By the way, I wasn't doubting that you received a reply, I was doubting that UOB Thailand's President wrote one of the letters.   And SVPs are ten a penny in corporate Thailand!

4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What do you know about my finances?   

By the way, I wasn't doubting that you received a reply, I was doubting that UOB Thailand's President wrote one of the letters.   And SVPs are ten a penny in corporate Thailand!

As long as he initials it, it came from him.

Totally unrelated but to prove a point....I also have a emails from Baroness Altman and from Andrew Bailey when he was Chairman of the FCA, now Governor of the Bank of England. Senior people do respond, if you write to them for something related to their organization or responsibility.

Edited by Brierley
  • Haha 1