Miss Universe: which of the top 21 would you have rooted for?

Nemises

Pageant was run and won yesterday. Broadcast went for over 3 hours, but the best viewing (IMHO) lasts for just 10 minutes when the 21 semifinalists parade in their swimsuits - roll the tape to 1:07:20

Apart from Miss Thailand and your home country girl (if she made the top 21), which of the 21 was your favourite swim suit girl?

Mine was Miss Myanmar. 

B5D3E083-2E42-468C-92D4-13F3B4759057.jpeg

894C98CA-5CB7-4FA7-92C7-3D0423E892CE.jpeg

Edited by Nemises

Miss UK took me by surprise, although it shouldn't have. Completely in line with present day thinking there. She could go on to be a top ranking detective in one of the BBC police dramas, just like one I binned recently.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. Are you American? For any British type people "rooted" has sexual connotations.

Anyway, I haven't watched that sort of show for decades as I think they come across as fake and narcissistic. IMO, really beautiful women wouldn't go on that show for a zillion $ as they don't have to have their beauty confirmed by a tawdry pageant.

Wonder how much they paid for cosmetic surgery? 

These shows are rubbish. ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wombat said:

i'd be happy to root for any of them

If I recall correctly, wombats eats roots shoots and leaves... chai mai?

/Edit: I see that BritManToo beat me to it! ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Providing under 50kg and including anything else with pulse knowing you....????

BREAKING

Each village, city in a radius of 200km around Chiang Mai where husbands get nervous when they hear the noise of BritManToo's Vespa. Brummmmm, here he comes again.

They lock all doors, hide the wife in the basement and sit with their machine guns close to the back door.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

BREAKING

Each village, city in a radius of 200km around Chiang Mai where husbands get nervous when they hear the noise of BritManToo's Vespa. Brummmmm, here he comes again.

They lock all doors, hide the wife in the basement and sit with their machine guns close to the back door.

Mobile sex mobile

7A18CB0E-D0F3-482B-BBC7-20566B32F8A6_4_5005_c.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

BREAKING

No no no, know thine enemy my friend Britmantoo is a bicycle rider ! Many have said, you wont here him coming , or leaving, everything by stealth....55555

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

No no no, know thine enemy my friend Britmantoo is is bicycle rider ! Many have said, you wont here him coming , or leaving, everything by stealth....55555

Undercover in villages, where he is already known.

46EE65E8-CF7F-4024-AE64-79212971B194.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. Are you American? For any British type people "rooted" has sexual connotations.

Anyway, I haven't watched that sort of show for decades as I think they come across as fake and narcissistic. IMO, really beautiful women wouldn't go on that show for a zillion $ as they don't have to have their beauty confirmed by a tawdry pageant.

Not just British people, aussies, kiwis and most of the english speaking world "rooted/rooting" is more than sexual connotations. The yanks have bastardised the english language so badly they're too stupid in most cases to realise what they've done. rooted/rooting in the real english speaking word relates to that infamous 4 letter f word. Another example of the yanks screwing up the language. Fanny is not your rear end, it's female genitalia. There are far too many to list here, but you get the gist.

Edited by TigerandDog
  • Like 1

None of them. They were all terrible. This was a particularly poor year. I'd have to say none of them were up to my standards.

If I was forced to choose by violence I would have say yes 1. Myanmar 2. South Korea 3. Kazakhstan.

But this was one of the weakest competitions and I was very disappointed. I mean Ms Bulgaria clearly CLEARLY has injected lips surgery. How is that even allowed? Plastic women ? Really? 

I think that Norwegian Thai girl is leagues ahead, sadly the poster who raised her has been unable to provide details, but this has been a very disappointing year all round.

https://www.missuniverse.com/delegates

Edited by Logosone

9 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Who cares???

Edit to add:       In my humble opinion, I'd recommend anyone finding  even a single lady among these  contestants NOT pretty has some vision problems.

And these women are NOT having to have their beauty confirmed by a tawdry pageant.     These pageants, which never did interest me,  have launched the career of many participants.

Edited by Andy from Kent

58 minutes ago, Logosone said:

..this was one of the weakest competitions and I was very disappointed.

Maybe because COVID-19 kept away a lot of entrants? (There was only 74 entrants this year, compared to 90+ in recent years)

Ritz, glitz and tits!      ????

I found all of the girls striking, but many did not seem to be

representative of the ethnicity of their home country.

Perhaps this is not important in a beauty pageant, and it is just

my wishful thinking.

• Like 2