More VAX disappointment: PM Prayut puts the brakes on walk-in centers

webfact

1 minute ago, madmitch said:

If the initial vaccine centres are anything to go by, they're all walk-in locations: people with appointments were turned away as they'd used all the vaccine on walk-ins.

It should be controlled via appointments.

I do not know about the Chinese or the Russian vaccines, but the others (i.e. the better stuff) needs to be kept cool and/or extremely cold before being dispensed.

A coordinated effort needs to be made. At the end of the day, if any remaining vaccine is available, then by all means seek any bystanders willing to get vaccinated. The vaccine cannot be refrigerated.

For the "good" stuff... forget J&J... a second injection is needed within 3 weeks. Again, coordination is needed to ensure that the supply is available.

Please don't trivialize the effort.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

A giant Flop backwards.  Why is he so against a walk-in center? Is their not enough sinovac vaccine to go around here in Bangkok.  Someone seems to be a little over controlling in my book.  Lets roll out the vaccine, lets put Viral posters on the news and in ads showing the vaccine is safe and all Thai's must do their part, yet lets also just Sslloowwllyy roll out a vaccine to those that really want it.  I think he is afraid there will be few that show up and then vaccine will be wasted and need to be tossed in the bin, or better yet he is wanting the mor prom app up and running so that when folks sign up and then do not show up he can have them arrested.  So tired of this fricking game these folks are playing.  Looking at booking a flight back to the US, getting vaccinated and then returning after taking care of some personal business I have placed on hold before returning here and doing a 14 day quarantine again even though vaccinated.  Ugh, what a true fool this man and his fellow government officials are, well thats my opinion.  YMMV

Surely the reality is that the PM/Thailand should welcome massive numbers of folks turning up at walk-ins.

The reality is that they should have plans in place to cope with massive numbers, which is possible, many examples across the world of highly successful giant walk in centres.

Sure records need to be kept but this can be simplified and many folks could submit their details and a photo (if needed) on a tablet while they are waiting. With a small team to help folks who aren't tech savvy. 

If planned well it could also include the technology to record who has been jabbed for data collecting and a technology based instant vaccine certificate sent to the recipients e.mail address

Supply of vaccine is of course a problem, but the news seems to indicate there should be massive amounts of serum available/on the horizon include local manufacture.

Now stand by for the farang who will insist this all invades their freedoms... sad people.

Edited by scorecard
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Gumballl said:

It should be controlled via appointments.

I do not know about the Chinese or the Russian vaccines, but the others (i.e. the better stuff) needs to be kept cool and/or extremely cold before being dispensed.

A coordinated effort needs to be made. At the end of the day, if any remaining vaccine is available, then by all means seek any bystanders willing to get vaccinated. The vaccine cannot be refrigerated.

For the "good" stuff... forget J&J... a second injection is needed within 3 weeks. Again, coordination is needed to ensure that the supply is available.

Please don't trivialize the effort.

I'm not trivializing it. I'm stating exactly what happened and it shouldn't have,

I actually agree with you that the system needs organisation or the entire project will be chaotic.

• Like 1