More VAX disappointment: PM Prayut puts the brakes on walk-in centers

webfact

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

OMG, this is like the fourth time this has been reversed, in less than a week.

One would think the regime leader could make a decision.

I mean they can control student protesters, fire up the blue crowd control trucks, and don the riot gear.

Problem solved.

Regime leader is the wrong term. The correct term is ring master 

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

Until they have adequate supply ....  walk-in centres would be useless, what are they going to give them, a free ice cream.

It is obvious the country hasn't secured or produced 10, 20, 30mil  or any significant amount of AZ or any other vaccine.

Well done Khun Prayut Chan O Cha,  a good decision. 

The man is an incompetent idiot, WHY set them up in the first place if they know their incompetence means they don't have the vaccine supply?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Well the master of the U turns strikes again, he has absolutely no idea what to do.

Oh maybe today i will, oh no wait a minute i wont, useless/ spineless waste of space.

'master of the U turns'

Is that U for master of the Universe, or perhaps some smaller planet? Maybe Uranus.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Well, it's at least the third time he's reveresed course on this issue. Sensible? No. Even a monkey throwing darts could make more effective decisions.

Well, sure. But eventually : the Reality Principle won !

It's impossible to have "walk-in" system in june... because there won't be enough doses (produced locally).

So, even though it's hard to admit ???? Prayuth spoke in a sensible way.

Enough with the fantasy.

The problem happened before with all those grand ideas of "walk-in" mass vaccination, like a shopping mall, and the mania on TV and social networks.

It won't happen.

First , we have to take care of PEOPLE AT RISK (old, sick).

Youngs, expats younger than 50 years old... are not at risk.

So they will have to wait.

• Confused 1

I am not a big fan of giving this government too much personal information, but they probably want this registration information. Not necessarily for nefarious reasons. Just so they can see who and who is not vaccinated and see take up levels. Would help with the supply chain I suppose.

I understand why such centers are a bad idea. Some people will panic, with 6+ million registered, there will be a crowd at the center and when they run out of vaccines half way through the queue, arguments could arise. We know how Thais handle loss of face, so that could lead to significant unrest. Therefore I do agree that some kind of scheduling should be required at least for the initial rush, while once that is over, such rule could be relaxed.

So I see where he's coming from. But on the other hand, this is a result of incorrect strategy for the past year of putting all eggs into one basket (which is something Thailand historically always avoided). Had COVAX programme been joined, had discussions started with other manufacturers early, had vaccinations started early for predictable risk groups, the 3rd wave possibly would not happen at all.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

IT experts are supposed to be working on one suitable for foreigners in English.

The Covid Czar has the sharpest IT experts in Thailand working on the Farang Covid registration application. 
"The new Covid registration program will be on-par with the excellent 90 day reporting program used by Thai immigration", stated an anonymous source.

external-content.duckduckgo_com.jpeg.4d1838387e3ccb9fdbba9f10b5dbc75b.jpeg

What a procrastinator and while he is fiddling and looking to have things his (Rome) Thailand is burning, and in the annals of Thailand history, he will NOT be remembered as a great leader of this country...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bdenner said:

Well it's obvious, he does not want to be embarrassed by the words - "No have!"

But it could have except the besides the fact of road blocking all other vaccines while pushing for a Chinese vaccine with a Thai mogul investor in small proportions and then waiting out for the golden juice of AZ produced here. All smoke and mirrors.

the Czar of the U-Turns.... I guess his decisions are all based on which side of the bed he stepped down.... no worries, tomorrow we will have another contradicting post   555

Edited by Mavideol

12 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

But it could have except the besides the fact of road blocking all other vaccines while pushing for a Chinese vaccine with a Thai mogul investor in small proportions and then waiting out for the golden juice of AZ produced here. All smoke and mirrors.

If AZ cant produce 60 mil doses in 6 months (10 mil a month)starting in 2 weeks the PM will be saying "WE NO HAVE" a lot

3 hours ago, mickyr55 said:

All this flip flopping and continual reversing of vaccination plans is not only confusing it looks like they have no vaccine at all, think that the whole of Thailand's supply has been sent to Phuket to enable the 1st of July opening so they can at least get one thing achieved. 

And where does the buck stop for this fiasco?

1 minute ago, club said:

If AZ cant produce 60 mil doses in 6 months (10 mil a month)starting in 2 weeks the PM will be saying "WE NO HAVE" a lot

Every time this guy opens his mouth as well with a certain health minister, more Global Warming seems to happen.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

the PM had put the brakes on walk-in vaccination

in the land of brake failures that is impressive .. 

IT experts are supposed to be working on one suitable for foreigners in English

No habe flee .. F'errang pay now .. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

the PM had put the brakes on walk-in vaccination

in the land of brake failures that is impressive .. 

IT experts are supposed to be working on one suitable for foreigners in English

No habe flee .. F'errang pay now .. 

You no pay, I shoot you.   You pay, I shot you now.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Artisi said:

Come in droves etc. what an absolute load of bat sh 1 t, make if available each day to those who's birthday coincided with the days date. Wasn't too difficult a problem to solve. 

What's the point in making logical, common sense suggestions to solve problems here?

????, aha, I've just spotted the serious flaw in your suggestion.  There are only 30 days in June, what about the poor unfortunates born on the 31st of a month?????

16 minutes ago, Thailand said:

And where does the buck stop for this fiasco?

It doesn't, it gets denied that what was said was every truly said.  Unfortunately It is all about FACE, and instead of standing up and saying "Sorry good people of Thailand I have failed you" the people running the good ship lollipop will never let that happen.  Sad as the day is long.  Now you wonder why the infighting has started between the BMA and the CCSA and the Government MOPH has been told to butt out of Bangkok's Covid response.  However, that just means that vaccines will be withheld to make a point and bring the BMA folks to their knees and kowtow down to the Government.  My view and my opinion only.

1 hour ago, phetphet said:

I am not a big fan of giving this government too much personal information, but they probably want this registration information. Not necessarily for nefarious reasons. Just so they can see who and who is not vaccinated and see take up levels. Would help with the supply chain I suppose.

They can work that out by recording the passport number or Thai ID of the individual when the vaccine is administered at the walk-in centre.

The registration app is to control who gets it, and when. Not who has already had it. Which is bad news for foreigners here because we're at the bottom of the list. In fact, as far as I know they still haven't developed the app for foreigners which given the level of software development expertise here (see the 90 day online reporting app as an example) is quite a worry.

Also not the smartest move, to locate the walk-in centres on top floors in a shopping mall.  Why not find any ground level facilities for this purpose? Do the shopping malls pay, to get a massive amount of potential customers walking through their premises?

That doesn't surprise me. A cousin of my wife is working in a factory at Bangkok. All employees received a first injection of Sinovac last week.

Priority is Bangkok and its cluster. No problem for me.

But why ALL ambassies/consulates in Thailand are not giving NOW vaccines for free to all their citizens in a country where the 3rd wave is booming ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Another day, another u-turn. Who would've thought.... 

Screenshot_20210519_080617.jpg

For goodness sake, I knew this military lot weren't really up to the job from day one, but don't they have enough common sense to realise that all this u-turning makes them a complete laughing stock? Uncertainty isn't normally in the military vocabulary.