More VAX disappointment: PM Prayut puts the brakes on walk-in centers

webfact

7 hours ago, webfact said:

IT experts are supposed to be working on one suitable for foreigners in English.

Hope it's better than the 90 days app... 6 years and still not working !!!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Guderian said:

The only thing this dumb government hasn't U-turned on is the Phuket sandbox idiocy, the very policy that does require a 180° change of direction.

Some very "influential" "good people" have interests in Phuket. They cannot be disappointed.

• Like 1

Just now, malibukid said:

can this guy be removed by a  vote of no confidence.  i see this is possible in the UK?

If only an online petition was started... showing the public disapproval.

7 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Another day, another u-turn. Who would've thought.... 

Screenshot_20210519_080617.jpg

UN believable you people in Gov, you're scared of your own shadows, grow some testicles! Walkin vax outside Tesco did NOT have any problems! What on earth makes you think us "WHITE DEVILS" will cause a problem, for gwads sake!? Only us who live here can believe the daily flip flops you idiots do!

Passport/drivers licenses x 2 , proof of residency, valid visa, 90 day reports, I have two bare shoulders to choose from, what's the darn PROBLEM!? 

This is very good news for those who would prefer to wait until next year and have a vaccine worthy of the name, and not a sock juice, made in emergency, sometimes dangerous and with limited effectiveness.

For me, all delays are good to take

8 hours ago, webfact said:

This has now apparently been dashed by the PM's fears that people would come in droves and swamp the walk-in centers causing problems.

Bet your bottom Bhat on that !  I can't picture the masses in this country standing 2 meters apart while waiting in lines ! Well done !

Edited by riclag

7 hours ago, webfact said:

This has now apparently been dashed by the PM's fears that people would come in droves and swamp the walk-in centers causing problems. 

The student protesters came out in droves and you handle or rather mis-handle them ok. Why can't manage peaceful people who simply want to be vaccinated. I think you fear embarrassment not able to procure sufficient vaccines. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, riclag said:

Bet your bottom Bhat on that !  I can't picture the masses in this country standing 2 meters apart while waiting in lines

This social distancing is fine in theory, but in practice it's a joke. How often do you see a queue of people waiting for a bus, in some instances, trying to stay apart,and once inside, are like sardines in a can! And queues at Government offices can be just as bad!

Another side to it is I went to Tesco Lotus with my wife last week, and decided to have a bite to eat in the cafe area. We've slept in the same bed all night, travelled there on my motorbike with her on the back, yet we have to eat with a screen/divider between us designed so we can't even SEE each other?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

All this masterful incompetence (from every sector of the government) really makes me want to throw in the towel and leave this place. 

Richard Dawkins (The God Delusion) also wrote The Selfish Gene and inspired by what he’s noticed in Thailand is now compiling "The Thick Gene" ???? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Artisi said:

Come in droves etc. what an absolute load of bat sh 1 t, make if available each day to those who's birthday coincided with the days date. Wasn't too difficult a problem to solve. 

I still keep thinking that this is another "Thai Airways" <deleted> and the till is empty, that would go a long way to explaining this flip flopping that's going on, if they declared bankrupt on this issue nothing will happen, they will hold an investigation at the local cat house and forgive themselves.

3 hours ago, animalmagic said:

What's the point in making logical, common sense suggestions to solve problems here?

????, aha, I've just spotted the serious flaw in your suggestion.  There are only 30 days in June, what about the poor unfortunates born on the 31st of a month?????

Oh boy! Now that is a problem - will need to get the sharpest brains in Thailand to sort that one out - - buy what a delemma, should it be the 1st or the 30th????????

Wait for the app, oh app no work.

Now wait for the Vaccine, oh no vaccine.

What difference does it make if anyone opens a walk-in Vac station, when there's no Vac available?

Just like the Covid reg app that won't work for foreigners, or the 90 day reg app that never worked in the first place. Someone please remind me why Resident Farang even have to register every 90 days? "Because its Thai law"  Did they secretly change  the PERMENANT address in my House book? It's all the normal way Thais do things. No reason or rhyme, its just how things are done here.

The biggest problem in THailand is the registration of the civils living here. In the familybooks they have you can be registered, but live somewhere else. It should be that everyone who lived in a place had to be registered there. That is easy to know in cases like this. You can select them on age and sex and family and occupation. Send them a card to come and get a jab at at certain day and time. But a lot of people are registered here and live somewhere else and nobody knows who is where and what doing. First start with a good administration system then nobody needs to register in Line/ or send copies or whatever. This country is not aware who is where and doing what and earning how much. That is why in the western world things are going more easy. They have an administration that fits.

I know people with a familybook in Chiang Mai, rent a house in Hua Hin  and working in Ratchaburi where he lives with his girlfriend. And that is only an example..  

6 hours ago, JonnyF said:

That was quite a reach, turning this round to Brexit.???? Still salty?

How about comparing Apples with Apples? How has Boris handled the vaccine rollout compared to Prayut?

Boris has been way too busy choosing which £800/roll wallpaper his bint wants and who he can beg money off to pay for it.

Meanwhile the NHS has organised and rolled out the vaccines using thousands of unpaid volunteers to ensure it worked. The government central booking app (not the useless £12bn tracing app brought to you by Lady Talktalk) was chaotic* and local surgeries arrange bookings using text messages and phone calls. Boris will, of course, take the credit though.

* like me being offered a jab at a centre 160 miles away when there were at least 8 within 20 miles. Not an uncommon event either.