More VAX disappointment: PM Prayut puts the brakes on walk-in centers

webfact

Still bored. 

How bad can this really get? No one, apart from the elite will have been vaccinated by Christmas at this rate.

He was worried people would then up in droves. Well, perhaps not, with the level of hesitancy at the rate it is.  B

Those willing to take a vaccine would have turned up, job done, those unwilling would not turn up at all. Now, is this all about control? Lack of availability? Medical records not being seen by Government officials?

20 minutes ago, Scott Tracy said:

Those willing to take a vaccine would have turned up, job done, those unwilling would not turn up at all. Now, is this all about control? Lack of availability? Medical records not being seen by Government officials s?

What a complex imagination you have.

It's all about . . . 

. . . . the govt has bought-in no mass vaccines, has now run out of money, and is trying to blame everything and everybody but themselves for it.

Edited by robsamui
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

A giant Flop backwards.  Why is he so against a walk-in center? Is their not enough sinovac vaccine to go around here in Bangkok.  Someone seems to be a little over controlling in my book.  Lets roll out the vaccine, lets put Viral posters on the news and in ads showing the vaccine is safe and all Thai's must do their part, yet lets also just Sslloowwllyy roll out a vaccine to those that really want it.  I think he is afraid there will be few that show up and then vaccine will be wasted and need to be tossed in the bin, or better yet he is wanting the mor prom app up and running so that when folks sign up and then do not show up he can have them arrested.  So tired of this fricking game these folks are playing.  Looking at booking a flight back to the US, getting vaccinated and then returning after taking care of some personal business I have placed on hold before returning here and doing a 14 day quarantine again even though vaccinated.  Ugh, what a true fool this man and his fellow government officials are, well thats my opinion.  YMMV

Just be careful - An American pal of mine has been trying to get back but has given up because the Thai mission in LA have been messing him about and is now ignoring him.

47 minutes ago, sambum said:

This social distancing is fine in theory, but in practice it's a joke. How often do you see a queue of people waiting for a bus, in some instances, trying to stay apart,and once inside, are like sardines in a can! And queues at Government offices can be just as bad!

Another side to it is I went to Tesco Lotus with my wife last week, and decided to have a bite to eat in the cafe area. We've slept in the same bed all night, travelled there on my motorbike with her on the back, yet we have to eat with a screen/divider between us designed so we can't even SEE each other?

Spot on with the bus !

The lack of hygiene and  covid  mitigation standards in this country are the keys  to  why this virus is spreading  ! 

Mitigation  practices  aren't  stressed enough IMOP ! Those in charge  will be da--ed if they do and d--ed  if they don't ! Good decision ! Imagine all the Dek P's that will be tagging along with their parents ,running  around unsupervised!

Edited by riclag

8 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

A giant Flop backwards.  Why is he so against a walk-in center? Is their not enough sinovac vaccine to go around here in Bangkok.  Someone seems to be a little over controlling in my book.  Lets roll out the vaccine, lets put Viral posters on the news and in ads showing the vaccine is safe and all Thai's must do their part, yet lets also just Sslloowwllyy roll out a vaccine to those that really want it.  I think he is afraid there will be few that show up and then vaccine will be wasted and need to be tossed in the bin, or better yet he is wanting the mor prom app up and running so that when folks sign up and then do not show up he can have them arrested.  So tired of this fricking game these folks are playing.  Looking at booking a flight back to the US, getting vaccinated and then returning after taking care of some personal business I have placed on hold before returning here and doing a 14 day quarantine again even though vaccinated.  Ugh, what a true fool this man and his fellow government officials are, well thats my opinion.  YMMV

Exactly what I have planned. Buriram wants to throw you in jail for not getting a substandard jab. <deleted> them. Now they cancel the program. And, there is no way in hell I’m putting anything in my phone to make it even easier for them to track me. (I know). What muppets they are!

9 hours ago, webfact said:

PM's fears that people would come in droves and swamp the walk-in centers causing problems.

As long as all they have is Sinovac I doubt people will be coming in droves.

8 hours ago, steven100 said:

It appears the government hasn't achieved a confirmed batch of vaccines from AZ or elsewhere,  so obviously the walk-in centres are not needed.  It is a fine example of ' thai saving face ' .

But it is the only practical solution, until they secure millions of doses.  

and you keep defending/finding excuses for your Czar friend's U Turns and mistakes, the guy is a lost case

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, jethro69 said:

And we all know that U-Turns in Thailand usually causes big disasters.

And most U-turns are not at the designated spot anyway, ????

3 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

It's back to the US for me as well, 30 May. I will come back in October when hopefully the quarantine issue for the vaxed will be sorted. It has always been my plan to go wherever the vax was first available. I also think that delays such as these were quite predictable and that no one should be surprised. 

I left Thailand for the US last week. I had my 1st Pfizer injection less than 24 hours after landing. I won't be back in Thailand until quarantine for vaccinated persons has ended and they've vaccinated enough of the public to be done with 4th, 5th and 6th waves and the inevitable shutdowns. 

Feels great here at the moment, lots of optimism as things reopen. 

9 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

Only 8 AM and the first U turn of the day reported, keep 'em coming we all love a cheer up ???? How is he going to get 70 per cent of Bkk vaccinated in 2 months at this rate?

My wife made the comment about how many times this idiot changes his mind in a year I told her he can't go a day without changing his mind 

17 minutes ago, overt2016 said:

I wonder if those wild monkeys could not be given 

ministers posts to help the General out?

It wouldn't matter who or what filled those posts this (can't call it what it is) was made czar over covid and does what he wants 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Some will argue that there is more behind the decision to apply the brakes, namely the availability of vaccine, notes Thaivisa.

So they make 25 new goververment place in BKK where workers only sit down whit thumb in their behind! Nothing new , we see that in every goverment places!

Edited by 2 is 1

10 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Well done ,you the man!. Whats  that,  hands up  if  youv'e already had  your  jab!

UK must have got it wrong with 90% of people covered .. I even went to hospital today for MRI scan and no mask ... Well done UK .. Time to hand back control to the people methinks

I've never seen a more selfish, greedy, pathetic no common sense , self destructive and purposely hurtful govt in all my life...There is no formidable leadership..they are being laughed at by the rest of the world and the worst part is they think nobody sees the stupidity

• Like 2