More VAX disappointment: PM Prayut puts the brakes on walk-in centers

webfact

20 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

in the land of brake failures that is impressive .. 

No habe flee .. F'errang pay now .. 

just phoned Bangkok Hospital Pattaya, after being told the four sites where

Farangs can register and receive their free Vaccination...

every thing was ok until i asked about Vaccinations, and i mentioned free and farang in the same breath...

.errr what ? oh no have

maybe one of the other sites can do ? errr maybe next year...

i rang the ''Pattaya health hotline''  and informed them that the the information

they were giving was not correct....oh i do not have that information well can you

stop giving B P H as a place that does free farang Vaccinations.

just another U turn  in the land of U turns. i think i might try the other sites but 99% sure it will be similar but more drawn out, may let the foolish farang register,

the wife went very quiet ? wonder if i can use this in the future ? 

On 5/19/2021 at 9:01 AM, steven100 said:

Until they have adequate supply ....  walk-in centres would be useless, what are they going to give them, a free ice cream.

It is obvious the country hasn't secured or produced 10, 20, 30mil  or any significant amount of AZ or any other vaccine.

Well done Khun Prayut Chan O Cha,  a good decision. 

Where have you been hiding Steven? You should still be sober, it's not 5pm yet. Let me take this opportunity to welcome you to the supporters of the unelected "PM" brigade, you will be very lonely there. ????????.

On 5/19/2021 at 9:11 AM, steven100 said:

It appears the government hasn't achieved a confirmed batch of vaccines from AZ or elsewhere,  so obviously the walk-in centres are not needed.  It is a fine example of ' thai saving face ' .

But it is the only practical solution, until they secure millions of doses.  

They should have secured these vaccines a long time ago, the unelected "PM" has failed to do that, probably for some sort of financial reason, then we would not be in the mess we are in today.

• Like 1

There's always something going on with the vaccine roll-out... too many different parties involved, and maybe some other out of the ordinary procedures... An example? Have a look at this. My hero of the day:

Registered in local Isaan hospital. All names I saw on list were Thai. Friends registered here also earlier in the week. Woman spoke good english and knew what I was there for.  Didn't need to show ID. Told to come back to local amphur starting June 7.

This was to be expected. Prayuth hates efficiency, ease of use, fast action and convenience for the people. He is a blight on this land. Please, please Covid. Hurry up and go away, so millions of Thais can take to the streets, and show how displeased they are with everything this toxic group of fools do, say and mess up. 

Get out. Get out now. You are despised like never before.