Chonburi Public Health Office announces 39 confirmed, new cases of Covid-19 this morning

webfact

chon.jpg

PHOTO: Thairath

By Adam Judd

Chonburi – The Chonburi Department of Public Health announced 39 new and confirmed cases of Covid-19 with one new death this morning (May 19th).

This makes a total of 3,809 cases of Covid-19 in the current round of infections, with 992 still in medical care, with a total of sixteen recorded deaths in Chonburi since the start of this recent round of infections in early April. Details on the death were not immediately released.

Additionally, 2,801 people in total have now been released from medical care and fully recovered since this current wave began. 73 people were released yesterday.

The district-level new cases were as follows today:

Mueang Chonburi with 6, Si Racha 6, Banglamung (including Pattaya) 13, Sattahip 2, Ban Bueng 2, Pan Thong 5, Ko Chan 3, and two patients were transferred from another province to Chonburi for medical care.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/05/19/chonburi-public-health-office-announces-39-confirmed-new-cases-of-covid-19-this-morning/

PattayaNews.jpg
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Not bad.  I am a bit surprised with the low numbers in Pattaya now.

Not to come off as playing conspiracy theorist or anything.

But I know of a foreigner who contracted covid and he had been with three girls after the suspected girl he contracted covid from. He notified all three of the girls and none of them were interested in getting tested, probably for the obvious reason of not wanting to go into quarantine. So I suspect there are probably quite a lot of asymptomatic people. It's difficult to imagine that you would not contract covid after an encounter with a partner who has covid. 

His two weeks stay in a private Hospital cost him more than $140,000b. I'm not sure if he had the choice of a field Hospital. But on that basis I would have to be pretty sick before I would be getting tested and I think there in lies the problem.

On 5/19/2021 at 11:37 AM, Freeduhdum said:

Cycle down the threshold of your PCR testing... problem solved. 

That's the way they would normally handle it, but it's taken them 1 year to realize they will not be able to smoke and mirrors their way around this one.