Speed of Transferwise/Wise from UK

1 hour ago, RAZZELL said:

First time for me same day.

There is a cut off time you have to start the process by.  From your post and vague memories of a poster's trials a while back, that might be 8:30am Thailand time.

1 hour ago, treetops said:

There is a cut off time you have to start the process by.  From your post and vague memories of a poster's trials a while back, that might be 8:30am Thailand time.

My testing shows it's 9:30am Thailand time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RAZZELL said:

Sent another £300 yesterday at 8.35am.

Received same day.

I just set up CurrencyFair as a backup/alternative.  Poorer exchange rate but lower fees so currently anything above ~ £400 gets more THB for your GBP with them.  Downside is it's slow - said it could be next week (Monday is an English holiday I believe) but lets see how it goes.

I used a referral link from a mate so both of us got 50 Euro credit immediately after I made a transfer of over 2,000 Euro equivalent.  I immediately sent that 50 Euro to my BBL account too so nearly 2,000 baht for next to no effort.

Use a UK VPN if you set up an account to smooth the process.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, anchadian said:

And I transferred monies to KBank yesterday and it took seconds.....as always.  Cut off time 10:30am

Would I be correct in saying you didn't use the "Funds for long stay" as a reason?  I've not tried all the reasons but that seems to be the particular one that changes the process and gives the 2:00pm arrival time via BBL "International Transfer" route.

I wasn't aware of the 10:30am cutoff for other types.

• Like 1

CurrencyFair transactions mentioned above which were initiated on the 25th about lunchtime arrived in BBL account on 27th at 11:25am (50 Euro transaction) labelled as a "Transfer from account at other bank", and on the 28th at 2:00pm (£2,000 GBP transaction) labelled as "Interbank transfer via SMART".

On 5/19/2021 at 2:18 AM, RAZZELL said:

I have been using Transferwise/Wise for a few years.

It has always taken two days from my Nationwide Account to Bangkok Bank account.

The last 2 years it has been 2 days like yourself before that it was more like 4 days. i am also sending to Bangkok Bank.

14 hours ago, Excel said:

Interestingly just sent to my Thai bank via transferwise and TW states it will be in my bank 2nd June. So are Thai banks closed tomorrow (1st)  ? or is something amiss with TW ?

Just sent a mere £40 this morning at 6.30am (earlier than my last "on the day" arrivals which were sent at 8.30am). Funds for long term stay in Thailand and to Bangkok Bank.

Unlike the other times says arriving June 2nd? Will see if it does arrive today.

RAZZ

2 minutes ago, RAZZELL said:

Just sent a mere £40 this morning at 6.30am (earlier than my last "on the day" arrivals which were sent at 8.30am). Funds for long term stay in Thailand and to Bangkok Bank.

Unlike the other times says arriving June 2nd? Will see if it does arrive today.

RAZZ

me too

• Like 1

On 5/19/2021 at 11:58 AM, RAZZELL said:

Looks like the bottle neck might be Bangkok Bank.

There is a Bangkok Bank Director here on TV. I will try and get him involved.

RAZZ

As I recollect not anymore. Some over keen person deleted his posts and totally <deleted> him off. 

He basically said when I have spare time I help people on this site but after this no.

Edited by PFMills
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, PFMills said:

As I recollect not anymore. Some over keen mod deleted his posts and totally <deleted> him off. 

He basically said when I have spare time I help people on this site but after this no.

Missed all this?

RAZZ

3 hours ago, RAZZELL said:

Same happened to me. Started life as today and after pushing go it changed to Jun 2. We would have had the usual 'its on its way' email by now if it was arriving today.

Did Bht 50,000 at 6.30 this morning, to Bkk Bank as always on 1st of the month. First message said it would arrive in seconds, pressed GO and it said tomorrow. Funds for long term stay.

Cancelled the transfer and re-did it saying Living Expenses....no difference. Cancelled again and set up the first one again.

Tried Bht 500 and it still said tomorrow.

Ah well, can't spend it all today.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, pontious said:

Same happened to me. Started life as today and after pushing go it changed to Jun 2. We would have had the usual 'its on its way' email by now if it was arriving today.

Well at 10:04 this morning for the money I sent yesterday I just got the message" we paid out your THB". Yet following that it is still saying "you receive your THB at 2:08 pm tomorrow". In between those messages it is saying "Your moneys been sent out to your bank etc etc -it could take up to 2 days to process etc etc". Maybe I'm wrong but I don't recall seeing that note previously.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RAZZELL said:

No message received so not today it seems. If it does not arrive tomorrow it will be Friday as Thursday is a bank holiday.

5 minutes ago, pontious said:

No message received so not today it seems. If it does not arrive tomorrow it will be Friday as Thursday is a bank holiday.

I never knew computers had holidays!

I had a similar, 2nd June receipt date, with a UK transfer to BB this morning (8am). This was with the usual 'long term stay' reason.

So then set up another UK transfer, to my SCB account (8.20am), but this time just indicating 'living expenses'. That came through in seconds!!

Seems to be a BB issue, so, as with other posters, will see if my 1st transfer, to BB, does come through on 2nd June.

2 hours ago, pontious said:

They don't but banks do. It will never arrive on a bank holiday.

And is today, 1st June a bank holiday in Thailand ? No its not is the answer and most of us are aware of Thai bank holidays, hence the points raised regarding delays in TW transfers.

Edited by Excel

5 hours ago, Excel said:

Well at 10:04 this morning for the money I sent yesterday I just got the message" we paid out your THB". Yet following that it is still saying "you receive your THB at 2:08 pm tomorrow". In between those messages it is saying "Your moneys been sent out to your bank etc etc -it could take up to 2 days to process etc etc". Maybe I'm wrong but I don't recall seeing that note previously.

nope, no arrival today.

I am also confused to what is going on. Last year around this time of year I was getting almost instantaneous transfers. Since about 6 months ago the funds always arrive as people have said 2pm the next day. I have changed nothing. Funds for long stay, bank account transfer from Santander to Bangkok Bank and yet for some reason it is taking much longer.

Varies a lot. I've had transfers go instantaneously and I've also had them take a few days - sometimes with good reason such as holidays etc. - sometimes no reason at all.  If you're in a hurry don't transfer on a Friday as it won't be received until Sunday evening.

17 minutes ago, jimn said:

I am also confused to what is going on. Last year around this time of year I was getting almost instantaneous transfers. Since about 6 months ago the funds always arrive as people have said 2pm the next day. I have changed nothing. Funds for long stay, bank account transfer from Santander to Bangkok Bank and yet for some reason it is taking much longer.

Most likely an extra manual procedure due to the Intl requirement which is why most people use Bangkok Bank