Thailand reports 3,394 COVID-19 cases, 29 new deaths

webfact

30 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

2100 tomorrow  1987 tomorrow  tomorrow 2100 tomorrow tomorrow  tomorrow  2034 tmtmtmt etc etc repeat  ad  nauseum.

This seems immediately obvious to me, but there are days when the Doomsayers will talk about doubling or tripling of these numbers.

• Like 1

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

Awe wanting a prediction. Waitva few hours while I get the Oija board out and conduct a seance.  Stop tge prediction game talk.  Flatlined numbers as you call them are still matching onward with no end as far as I see.  Add in the BMA telling the MOPH and CCSA to but out, and new clusters popping up here and there.  The end us nowhere to be seen without vaccines and now those are few and in between apparently. 

You don't want "prediction game talk" and then you make a prediction. Okay....

What is significant here among the noise is that you admit that the wave has peaked, and you assert that the future looks like an unending flatline. It's hard to disagree, but I think that Whack a Mole will eliminate the clusters BEFORE vaccinations take hold.

• Like 1

Just now, Danderman123 said:

You don't want "prediction game talk" and then you make a prediction. Okay....

What is significant here among the noise is that you admit that the wave has peaked, and you assert that the future looks like an unending flatline. It's hard to disagree, but I think that Whack a Mole will eliminate the clusters BEFORE vaccinations take hold.

Tell me where I have made a prediction. I stated facts in evidence....disprove that.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

So... what is your prediction for the epidemic within the general population?

BTW, there isn't enough testing.

Whats the point of a prediction if there isn't enough testing? However feel free to go ahead yourself

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

New cases in the general population have never exceeded ~2800 in a day.

You need better data.

BTW, there isn't enough testing.

Indeed. My bad. Yes it's stabalised in the 2000's. Why is the question. This you answered. Not enough testing. 

• Like 1

Are prisons still allowing visitors for inmates? What precautions are being taken for prisoners being released (I assume not all prisoners have "life without parole" sentences), other than "Not my problem now!"?

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

If you mix in the prison infections, then yes, cases may spike up by tens of thousands per day.

But I am discussing infections in the general population, which have remained stable for the last 3 weeks. If you want to make noise and mix the numbers between the general population and the prison population, you will do a dis-service here.

Do you understand Thailand has limited number of test, limited number personel who carry out test! Also all test needed to check in laboratory what also dont have in every street corner!

You so much want see small numbers that you also make new box in every different finding! Same as Thai goverment! Yes maybe "general population" can feel little more safe coz many infected (inmate) are behind bars!

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Like 2

Fifteen more workers at a seafood processing factory in Songkhla tested positive for Covid-19, bringing the total infection in this new cluster to 80. About 1,500 Myanmar workers have been isolated and the market near the workers’ camp has been closed.

https://twitter.com/TNAMCOTEnglish/status/1394876350729621504

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Whats the point of a prediction if there isn't enough testing? However feel free to go ahead yourself

Just now was watching news on TV. This guy was going off his chops in what resembled a clinic

All in Thai so asked the gf what's this all about. Tells me that they were trying to charge 450 baht for covid test. ???

Surely this is incorrect. Think it was Phuket.

Did anyone see this?

Edited by DrJack54

1 minute ago, anchadian said:

Fifteen more workers at a seafood processing factory in Songkhla tested positive for Covid-19, bringing the total infection in this new cluster to 80. About 1,500 Myanmar workers have been isolated and the market near the workers’ camp has been closed.

https://twitter.com/TNAMCOTEnglish/status/1394876350729621504

The Songkran travel spread keeps going in some provinces

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

There is another type of poster on here, thankfully although only a few.

The apologist who doesn't accept that not testing the masses has no effect on the numbers presented.

Can you explain the differences in testing methodologies between the campaigns that eliminated the first 2 waves and this one? 

If the eradication efforts for the first 2 waves were successful, why won't a similar effort be successful against a third wave? 

Opinion: The prime minister should stop blaming media for poor vaccine sentiment and introspect

Prayut told his government on Tuesday to keep an eye on people who were peddling fake news about coronavirus vaccines.

What he should actually tell government officials is to be more careful when providing information about vaccines to the public.

What is the point of having the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) if you cannot use it to clearly communicate with the public?

More:

https://www.thaienquirer.com/27666/opinion-the-prime-minister-should-stop-blaming-media-for-poor-vaccine-sentiment-and-introspect/

Edited by anchadian

More:

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/05/19/chonburi-public-health-office-announces-39-confirmed-new-cases-of-covid-19-this-morning/

The Chonburi Department of Public Health announced 39 new and confirmed cases of Covid-19 with one new death this morning (May 19th)

This makes a total of 3,809 cases of Covid-19 in the current round of infections, with 992 still in medical care, with a total of sixteen recorded deaths in Chonburi since the start of this recent round of infections in early April. Details on the death were not immediately released.

39chon.jpg?resize=695%2C960&ssl=1

The Cabinet on Tuesday approved a Finance Ministry proposal to borrow another THB700 billion to tackle the impact of Covid-19. This is in addition to the previous THB1-trillion loan

Reuters article posted in Thailand News.

Edited by anchadian

34 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Just now was watching news on TV. This guy was going off his chops in what resembled a clinic

All in Thai so asked the gf what's this all about. Tells me that they were trying to charge 450 baht for covid test. ???

Surely this is incorrect. Think it was Phuket.

Did anyone see this?

Yes, we were watching the news as well.  They are not charging everyone for a Covid test, as it is no longer required. However,  it does appear if you show up without a prior 72 hour test result then they are sending you onward to quarantine according to the news and this article.

Phuket sets quarantine requirement for those entering the province, some exempt | Thaiger (thethaiger.com)

Edited by ThailandRyan

11 minutes ago, anchadian said:

The Cabinet on Tuesday approved a Finance Ministry proposal to borrow another THB700 billion to tackle the impact of Covid-19. This is in addition to the previous THB1-trillion loan

Reuters article posted in Thailand News.

Borrow from where.  Just start spending your famed Cash Reserve.  Guess they are afraid of the Thb taking a hit and declining in value if they do nt have the funds to keep it reigned in.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1394889828831924224

Of the 3,394 new cases that were found in the past 24 hours: 

-1,625 were found via tests at medical facilities

- 254 via proactive tests at known clusters

- 1,498 via proactive tests at prisons

- 17 in quarantine facilities

- 29 fatalities

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1394890592648273921

Today there are 29 deaths in #Thailand:

19 males and 10 females

Median age is 66 (42-92 years)

Most deaths in Bangkok (14), Samut Prakan (5) and Pathum Thani (2).

Eight provinces had one death each

9 infected from family members

Edited by anchadian

The 3rd wave had led to 88,086 cases and 584 deaths between April 1 and May 19 with a mortality rate of 0.66%.

There are 41,903 patients who are being treated at hospitals. Of that, 1,210 are in critical condition including 402 on ventilators.

#โควิด19 #WhatsHappeningInThailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1394890265916174338

Ministry of Public Health daily charts on how Thailand is faring versus world countries and its regional peers in terms of total COVID cases since the start of the pandemic in early 2020. Thailand now ranks 92nd out of 200+ countries based on total COVID cases.

Screenshot_1.jpg.1e66c9c4b52dfe230a901447909eae7b.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg.2ed7aec49dec870044f40e27e8f30e9c.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/photos/a.106455480972785/328275342124130/?type=3

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1394891600048705539

Of the 1,879 local cases (excluding the 1,498 cases in prisons), the highest numbers by province were

876 in Bangkok, followed by

153 in Samut Prakan,

130 in Nonthaburi,

119 in Pathum Thani and

76 Phetchaburi.

#โควิด19 #โควิด19วันนี้ #WhatsHappeningInThailand