ONCB investigate after nearly $100 million dollar "ice" haul found on Thai ship in Sydney

webfact

6pm.jpg

Picture: INN

The Office of the narcotics Control Board are investigating after 316 kilos of "ice" (crystal meth) was found at the port in Sydney, Australia on May 4th on a Thai ship. 

A container ship had gone from Laem Chabang port to Australia via Singapore. 

The drugs were hidden in barbecues and water heaters amid a large consignment of other goods and products. 

ONCB secretary-general Wichai Chaimongkhol told INN that they would be meeting with their Australian counterparts at the AFP in Thailand in the next couple of days to exchange information about the case. 

The consignment was also loaded and unloaded from Chinese and Portuguese registered ships in its journey from its source. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-05-19

4 hours ago, smedly said:

really ?, sounds more like plausible deniability, this shipment could very easily be traced all the way back to its source in Thailand

Don't be so sure about it. In Thailand it will take 6 committees that take several months to find out where the shipment originated. Following that, another committee (supervised and guided by yet another committee) is going to check whether the conclusions reached by the first 6 committees are sound.

By which time the alleged shipper of the consignment will have long embarked on a "vaccination holiday" -- never to return.

Edited by Misterwhisper

1 hour ago, Enzian said:

$144,000 per pound? Inflation is really out of control.

Thats cheap! If ya wanna run off "street" price, which they love to do as its so much more impressive.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-05-16/regional-meth-market-booming-despite-covid-impact-addicts/100098682

From that article: The price spike was most apparent in Australia's most remote capital city Perth, where the price of a point, or 0.1 grams, of methamphetamine jumped from around $30 to $100.

Now my maths ain't what it was but to me that works out at $448 000 Aussie a pound. So they obviously running off pre covid prices. As I said cheap! Lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Enzian said:

Thats cheap! If ya wanna run off "street" price, which they love to do as its so much more impressive.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-05-16/regional-meth-market-booming-despite-covid-impact-addicts/100098682

From that article: The price spike was most apparent in Australia's most remote capital city Perth, where the price of a point, or 0.1 grams, of methamphetamine jumped from around $30 to $100.

Now my maths ain't what it was but to me that works out at $448 000 Aussie a pound. So they obviously running off pre covid prices. As I said cheap! Lol

Just now, Misterwhisper said:

Don't be so sure about it. In Thailand it will take 6 committees that take several months to find out where the shipment originated. Following that, another committee (supervised and guided by yet another committee) is going to check whether the conclusions reached by the first 6 committees are sound.

By which time the alleged shipper of the consignment will have long embarked on a "vaccination holiday" -- never to return.

Yes but he will receive an email to please report at his nearest police station at his earliest convenience if its not too much bother khrup. 

• Haha 1

It either went through Chiang Mai or Udon Thani, just guessing!!!!

Then down to BKK.....then on to a ship....

I remember seeing 10 falangs with beers (wearing masks!!) staring at a shipment and asking, "Bro, this doesn't look like Ice.....I put my beer in here for 10 hours and it's still warm!!!"

I think we would be SHOCKED if we knew how much ice traveled these roads.....

of course, the falang only care about 20 baht noodle soup.  blind to everything else.    

6 hours ago, Enzian said:

316KG is 316000 grams.

100,000000 / 316000 = $31.64 per gram.

453 grams per pound, does come out to your calculation. 

No crazy inflation.

Seeing as its sold by the gram, thats about 1000baht, not sure if thats wholesale price or street price.

• Thanks 1