COVID-19 vaccine tourism emerges in Thailand as demand grows

webfact

Just got my 2nd and final Pfizer shot today--super easy--15 mins in and out(like my love life) ????

Slight arm pain as with last shot....2 weeks until Id be ready to play in the Sandbox???

stores are relaxing mask rules as I went in a few--Im still wearing mine as its no biggie

Im in the states hoping to escape come July!  Luck be a lady tonight--not a Ladyboy ????

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Damrongsak said:

Yes, I saw that.  Rental car companies dumped a lot of cars.  I should buy a used rental car right now.  I have a place for Thais to stay right now, but my cars are 20 years old.  But I looked ahead about 20 years ago and imported Thai relatives into the U.S.  Thai Bro-in-law fixes my cars and mows my lawn.  Life is good. 

Used cars are in short supply and prices have risen dramatically!!!  It's crazy right now in the US if you want to travel around.

10 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Used cars are in short supply and prices have risen dramatically!!!  It's crazy right now in the US if you want to travel around.

At the moment on the east coast there's a shortage of gasoline at the pumps.  Colonial Pipeline was temporarily shut down due to a cyber attack.  Not on the pipeline itself, but some of their other IT stuff.  The hoarders came out and helped caused a shortage.

image.png.a4fa8d5645b48bbf79cfe7ab42eb012c.png  image.png.58d45acbf6df0f7cf3063228b730e700.png  image.png.e720ec0c271170af0ff56206e28d4b8e.png

• Like 1

On 5/19/2021 at 5:37 AM, Brunolem said:

Paying for the vaccine is not the issue here.

It is nothing compared with the spending involved by staying at least 3 weeks (interval between 2 shots) abroad, plus 2 weeks in quarantine when coming back home.

J&J is only 1 jab.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2021 at 7:25 AM, Jeffr2 said:

Cases are going down rapidly.  Very fast.  But yes, still more cases there than here.  Some 30k daily.  But going down by 33% based on the 14 day average.  Pretty good.

Jabs are readily available, no questions asked.  Pfizer or Moderna.

Depending on the day, the U.S. still has as many COVID deaths in a single day (700+) as the entire country of Thailand has had since the start of the pandemic...

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Depending on the day, the U.S. still has as many COVID deaths in a single day (700+) as the entire country of Thailand has had since the start of the pandemic...

What is behind me isn't in front of me. Deaths are the end result and lagging indicator. New infections in the US are the same as Thailand with five times the population. More than 50% fully vaccinated, excellent infrastructure and plenty of supply vs 1% partly vaccinated, poor infrastructure and no supply.